Albergo Lucia
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Hotel Tex(Rome)
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Compact, functional and no frills, it's ideal if you want a room to sleep in a place that has excellent connectivity to different parts of Rome. It's proximity to Termini station is its USP especially if you've planning on catching a train to other parts of Italy. Be prepared to use sign language with the friendly lady who attends to guests and keeps the place clean. It's located on the 6th (or 7th was it?) floor of a charming building with an elevator.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank streetlife9
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I often stay in this hotel, and recommend it to family and friends. If you get a room with shared bath, the price is in the youth hostel range, for a comfortable hotel with elevator and air conditioning. I usually opt for the private bath. Once my daughter and I reserved a shared-bath room, and the proprietor upgraded us free, because the hotel wasn't full. Another time, she gave us a discount because we were so "gentili".

The family that owns this little hotel, one of several in the same building, lives on the premises, down a hall from the reception. They are helpful in everything. Once we forgot to bring our recharger, and the proprietor lent us one that worked. They will hold your bags before checkin and after checkout, and since they are so close to Termini station, you probably won't have to go a long way to retrieve them.

The lack of breakfast isn't really a big problem; there are plenty of places to get in in nearby Termini station and vicinity. I'd rather have the lower price and get my own breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bvlenci
Reviewed 11 July 2009

This hotel was perfect for me. I just needed something that was really close to Termini and something reasonably priced. It is less than a five minute walk from the train station and was pretty easy to find, which was nice since I didn't arrive in Rome until very late. Tony was nice and showed me to a cute single room. I opted for the shared bathroom, which was nice and clean yet there was also a sink in my room, which was a nice surprise. My only complaint was that the air conditioner was loud, but at least there was an air conditioner. Over all though this place is great!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank MaggieMay148
Reviewed 10 July 2009

We stayed here on a 2 day stopover in Rome 26-28 June 2009. Checked many prices and this was by far the lowest. Double room with 2 single beds, en suite, TV, A/C all as advertised and perfectly acceptable. We weren't in the room but for 14 hrs or so anyway so why splurge? From here we walked to Piazza Navona, Pantheon & Trevi Fountain, and one could just as easily hoof it to Coliseum/Forum & Spanish Steps. Good restaurant/bar scene on Nazionale. Read where many folks are intimidated by the Termini area but for me this is the energy center. There are literally hundreds of small shops within a short radius where you can buy anything imaginable. And a major streetcar stop right at the front door. If it's not too hot at night leave the window open and drift off to the sound of the city. A quick note - the location shown on the hotel www site is not exactly correct - instead of the intersection on Amendola & Cavour it is actually 1 block east at Amendola & Manin. Look for entrance to a small courtyard on south side of Amendola.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marteen0
Reviewed 9 June 2008

The hotel was nice & close to the station. The room spacious. Tony was helpful. Only breakfast was not included. The only thing you have to take the elevator up as it is on the 6th floor. Washroom was clean & spacious.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family