Hotel Principe Amedeo
Hotels.com
US$244
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Nord Nuova Roma(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$211
Agoda.com
US$1,590
US$847
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbring earplugsbudget hotelroom servicehotel roomsightstoiletluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hotel is very central and very close to termini train station.very good value for money. Rooms are spacious and very very clean which is very important to me. Very safe. Carmen, the director of the hotel, is very nice and very helpful. I really don't understand what people expect considered the money you spend and the location you get. this hotel is absolutely great. You spend all your time visiting the city in the end of the day!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alfonso M
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We're two sisters backpacking through Italy, so it was a non booked trip as we decided daily where to stay.

While in Rome, we were pleased with Principe Amedeo's hotel the moment we got in to see the conditions. We were extremely well received with a smile and professionalism from the manager, the way all was 100% clean and mainly the honesty we were presented with.

That's the kind of hotel hiper well located, 5 min. walking from the station and yet central (we walked everyewhere, but for those non-walkers, public transport won't be a problem, easy and with plenty of offer).

Here, noting is fake hidden: I mean you pay fairly for what is presented to you. Plus: it's a familiar bussiness where everyone is extremely welcoming, nice and are there to help you, do their best for your needs and to ensure a pleasant stay. They gave us the best image of all Rome. It was the place where we were best received.

We stayed one night, the room was perfect for us, very clean, air conditioned, the bathroom was suitable in size and conditions, big enought for what a correct bathroom is suposed to be, nothing to point out about the bed, sheets or towels.

Thought it is ground floor, we had no problem with street noise as windows are double glassed.

But most of all: the people. That is the highlight of this hotel. Hotels are not about decoration or nice photos, fake smiles or theatreal compliments, but it's all about you get to feel comfortable and safe to get a good night sleep. People were respectfull and always received us with nice manners, a warming word and a smile. That is what you sometimes don't get from many 5 stars' hotels.

Second, we must say it was extremely precious for us to ask the manager something we needed for our camera and receive a positive and nice answer and having the chance to leave our luggage after check out until the hour of our train.

Finally, the pride and care people show in this hotel are the proof (if further were necessary!) of honesty and that they will do their best and always try to improve. The family deserves our "thank you" and all the best for their bussiness.

That's at least the image we got from a nice, safe, honest, correct hotel and a good experience with no trouble or negative episodes, that was exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank AnaG000000000
kindy7511, Direttore at Hotel Principe Amedeo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We appreciate your candid and honest comment.
Happy to know that you have spent a good time with my family and you enjoyed our "no-frills" yet corteous service.
Looking forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for our weekend trip, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Hotel is easy to get to from Termini station
- Close to number of sights (ie. S. Maria Maggiore; Piazza Republica are about 5 - 10min walk away) however Colossum is bit further (bout 25 - 30min walking)
- Close to Metro and vast number of bus (being close to the Termini stn)
- Room is fairly clean
- Bathroom is fairly clean although bit small for me (and I'm a small person 5'8)

Cons:
- Hotel furniture is outdated
- Due to family business nature, you feel sense of disturbing the host if you come back too late in the evening (as you have to ring the door bell and they will come open the door for you)
- If you happen to be in the room close to the street, it can get noisy (as this is Rome, italians talk very passionately and loud!!!)

However I like to reiterate that this is a 2 star hotel, so you cannot expect a 5 star room decorations.

Overall, I'm happy with this hotel as it serves its purpose, but as it was last minute booking from my side...I would say I have overpaid for my stay... I think the fair rate will be EUR 70 - 80 per night.

And yes I would return to this hotel in future.

Room Tip: Room 11 is very noisy as it is close to the street...but if you are heavy sleeper...then it's all good!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chia Lin C
kindy7511, Direttore at Hotel Principe Amedeo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Guest,
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, but please accept my apologies for the issue about the door's ring bell.

I really hope to see you again next time you're in Rome.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2012

The family that runs the place is very nice. However, the room was extremely old looking and the furniture was very outdated. Also the bathroom wasn't great either. The location of the hotel was great as it was very close to Termini, but the hotel is nothing special at all. It definitely costs way to much money for not enough accommodation. It sort of felt like I was staying at some old family house.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nirvana_NY1
kindy7511, Direttore at Hotel Principe Amedeo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Nirvana,

I'm really sorry you didn't enjoyed your stay in my little hotel.
Please accept my apologies.

I'm scheduling a briefing with my family to discuss about your review.

Unfortunately I cannot find your reservation with only your nickname, so feel free to contact me: I will be very happy to answer to all of your questions.

I need some informations
Do you have booked online?
What did you expect from a 2-star hotel?

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Last week we went for a city trip to Rome with our school. We were with 11 teenagers and 2 teachers, and we were looking for a nice and not to expensive hotel. Hotel Principe Amadeo had the things we needed. The rooms were a bit basic, but also very cosy and comfortabel. As a group of teenagers, we were really pleased that the Wifi was free at the hotel. The location of the hotel is also really convenient, because it was surrounded by a lot of restaurants. I really enjoyed my stay here and it certainly is a recommendation!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank skapteijn
kindy7511, Direttore at Hotel Principe Amedeo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Stephan,

We are really happy to know that having a good time at the Hotel Principe Amedeo!
Thanks for enjoying our standard rooms and Wi-Fi service free!
We hope to see you in Rome next time!
We look forward to know if the Italian post office has delivered the package.