“nice experience!”

Hotel Relais dei Papi
Ranked #206 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

rooms very clean and quiet, the breakfast is great and the staf are nice and kind, close to the metro and the vatican, you can walk to the center, fontana di trevi, piazza del popolo, walk on the bridge by the tevere river, we liked it alot!! Giussepe at the reseption desk was really helpful at giving directions and tips and was very friendly!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from May 7 to May 10. At first we were a little afraid of what to expect since it was our first time in Rome. The hotel was great and also the people that worked there were so nice and helpful. Giuseppe was a great help he recommended a restaurant that was around the block and it was amazing homemade Italian food. Also the breakfast served in the hotel was my favorite. I would definitely return to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. Great location near all the Italian restaurants where the locals dine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was a wonderful surprise. Located ten minutes north of Vatican, or 15 mins from Piazza del Popolo or Piazza Nevona, and five minutes from Metro. On the west side of Tiber so away from the crowded centre...do your sightseeing then cross back to the other side and see the Rome that Romans live in. On a quiet side street, take an elevator to the fourth floor and meet Daniel and/or Guiseppe, both very friendly and very knowledgeable...great recommendations for dinner, and places to see. They suggested for our next visit to contact them directly for best rates!!

Room Tip: 408 close to breakfast and facing inside courtyard, very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosedaleJohnny
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent 3 nights at Relais dei Papi and were extremely pleased. The staff were incredibly, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and went above and beyond to meet our needs. The location was amazing. A quick walk to the Vatican, restaurants and shopping.The trip was for our honeymoon. Breakfast was included and was quite good. The room was clean and comfortable with a safe to protect valuables. Would highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again on our next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was my second stay here and was fantastic! Daniel and Giuseppe are the stars of this hotel! They have a wealth of information on where to eat and how to navigate the city! The rooms are clean and spacious we had a street view which at times could be interesting, however you are in Rome enjoy it!

Room Tip: I have stayed both times in rooms by the Breakfast Room and noise hasn't really been a problem...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank debfontane54
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for 5days and 4nights. We didn't know that breakfast was included in our stay and we really thought that they were excellent! They serve freshly baked croissants, latte, espresso, hot chocolate, pate and cream cheese. We booked a triple sharing room and what I can say is that there is enough room to sleep but there is no room for your luggage if you're staying in Europe for a long time. Bathroom was clean but the shower room was very small to fit a normal person. My uncle is a 6'0 in height and he had a difficult time to shower.

The extra bed which I slept on was a bit uncomfortable. I had to take out the cushion and out it on the floor instead so I can navigate myself better.

All in all, I would recommend it if you're staying with small luggages.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good Value for money.Breakfast a little on the boring side but acceptable.Guiseppi the hotel manager was absolutely brilliant and couldn't be more helpful which is what made our experience even better.Thanks Guiseppi.BTW Daniel was also very helpful too.I suggest to book direct via the hotel or booking.com as this is the only was to get a deluxe room which we were updated to for a minimal fee no thanks to our travel agent who screwed up.But that's another story.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family