I just returned from a 6 night stay at Relais Fontana di Trevi and have almost no complaints about it. It was immaculately clean and unbelievably quiet for a center city location. We were in Room 104 in the main building and, although a bit on the small side, it was quiet and, I thought, a great value given the location. The bathroom was among the larger I've seen in Italy and having a refrigerator and safe in the room is a nice added perk so we could safely store our passports and valuables as well as a supply of snacks and waters in the room.
I work in the hospitality industry and think some of the staff could be a bit more friendly to the guests (i.e. engage in small talk, thank you for your business, inquire about your stay), they were super fast to respond if we needed additional soaps, towels, etc. We had an issue with our shower the first night and it was repaired for us before we returned from dinner less than 2 hours later. We took advantage of the car service they offered for our arrival and it was prompt, clean, safe and a very courteous driver. It was a nice welcome after a long overnight flight rather than being worried about taking the Train to Termini then finding a cab early on a Sunday morning.
I would definitely rebook the next time we return to Rome - we could walk to everything and I mean EVERYTHING including St. Peter's on the other side of the river. Great restaurants are tucked away down some of the smaller side streets a few blocks from the Fountain and there are lots of interesting shops on the other side of Via del Corso.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Relais Trevi Fountain RomeWelcome to the Relais Trevi Fountain in the historical centre of Rome, the ideal accommodation for an unforgettable romantic break in one of the world’s oldest and most spellbinding cities. Our luxury rooms & suites in the historical centre of Rome has undergone recent refurbishment to make it an immaculate yet personable accommodation in which you can set your mind at ease and make the most out of the cityThe Trevi FountainOne of Rome’s most popular landmarks and probably the most famous fountain in the world, the stunning Fontana di Trevi was immortalised in the 1960 classic Fellini film La Dolce Vita, starring Marcello Mastroianni and Anita Ekberg - who famously frolics in the fountain on a balmy Roman night. Needless to say, frolicking in the fountain today will probably land you with a hefty fine to pay, but if you can resist diving in, this beautiful Renaissance masterpiece is generally regarded as one of Rome’s most romantic spots.Our LocationTaking our name from the fountain, which is just a few metres away from the entrance to our luxury rooms & suites, the Relais Fontana di Trevi puts guests deep in the cobble-stoned heart of renaissance Rome, with other landmarks such as the Spanish Steps and Piazza Barberini within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Relais Fontana Di Trevi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Fontana Di Trevi Hotel Rome
- Relais Fontana Di Trevi Rome