“Great Value, Excellent Location, Very Clean and Professional”
Review of Ripa145 B&B

Ripa145 B&B
Ranked #1,625 of 3,721 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My wife and I stayed in Your Nest in Rome for five nights. It is located within converted apartments in a charming older condominium building. We were buzzed into the building, and there is a small elevator capable of squeezing in two thin people and one tall bag (but nothing more). The entry to the B&B is through a regular condominium unit entry door, and inside there are a series of rooms on a corridor and a "front desk" where the family who owns the inn services you. Their own home is situated behind closed doors near the desk, and one only has to knock in order to receive service. Our room was more spacious than we expected, and had not only a desk with a chair, but a nice wardrobe and a bathroom that was more than adequate. Everything is fairly new construction, and there are white oak hard wood floors throughout the rooms. The rooms are very clean, and there were extra pillows and blankets available. Large casement windows provided good light into the room. There is a small refrigerator, and the Wi-Fi signal was fairly fast and strong, and totally reliable. The breakfast is simple: toast and pastries, coffee, nuts and fruit, salami, prosciutto and cheese. There are also hard-boiled eggs. I could have skipped the breakfast, but it was sufficient. There is also a wonderful bar at street level just two doors down, which offers a wide variety of pastries in the morning, outdoor seating, coffee, etc. Your Nest in Rome has a rooftop deck on top of the condominium building, and it offers beautiful views as well as some nice potted plantings. It's a large area, and I felt no hesitation on a sunny afternoon to go up there and take a nap in a sunny corner. The location is really excellent, within one block of the main street in Trastevere, where the #8 tram runs, taking you to Trastevere Station. The inn is also located two blocks or so from the main square in Trastevere, and many good restaurants are nearby. There are also several trendy clothing shops, an adorable green grocer at the base of the building, and many places to grab coffee and sit outside. My wife criticizes me for always wanting to stay at the Four Seasons or the highest quality five-star hotels, and I negotiated with her to try Your Nest in Rome. I have now been forced to acknowledge that our stay was great, and had we tried to stay in a more "luxurious" hotel, we would have been located in a far, far less desirable location without the streetscape, charm, and liveliness that Your Nest in Rome and Trastevere offer. Your Nest in Rome is definitely not the Four Seasons. However, it's probably consistent with what we would consider a 3-star experience in the US, and offered comfortable, clean accommodations in the best possible location. The value was exceptional (approximately $200 per night) and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank peterbnewyork

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Really, it's hard to find fault here. I stayed for two nights with my family spread across two rooms. Perfect location, professional / helpful management, great rooms (modern, yet still having character, good beds, shower etc). I will return no doubt, just hope it doesn't get too well known! A real gem.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KWatsonAus
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My family and I stayed at this B&B for 5 days and 4 nights in June. I found this B&B on Trip Advisor as I was looking for a place to stay. I read the reviews that were already posted and I was impressed. I emailed the staff there, and Zanda and Marina responded to me. They told me more about the hotel and I decided to book my room. This is my review:

PRICE: I won't say what I paid, but I believe I received a very competitive price. Americans are always looking for a great deal, and I was complelety satisfied with the price I received at Your Nest In Rome.

LOCATION: The B&B is located in Trastevere which is abeautiful neighborhood. I can't describe hos much I was impressed with Trastevere. You are away from all the tourist stuff on the other side of the Tiber river. Although the tourist attractions (Colosseum, Piazza Nivona, Trevie Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc.) look far away when you see them on the map, I can assure you they are not. Everything was less than a 30 minute walk away. My family had a 4 year old boy, so we walked really slow. Even so, the didstance was not a problem. We were there in late June so it was very hot, but the distance is not a problem. I would say walking to the Vatican might be a stretch, but you can do it. If you choose to walk to the Vatican, cross the Tiber and walk toward the Vatican on the other side of the river. It is a little shorter walk.

There are dozens of outstsanding restuarants and gelato shops in Trastevere. We had a great dinner every night. There is an outdoor farmer's market one block behind the hotel. We were able to buy fresh fruit there every morning. There is also a little kid's park behind the hotel. My son was able to play with the neighborhood kids, which was awesome. We actually felt like we lived there, not like we were tourists. On the stret Francesco di Ripa, there is a little store front/deli 2 blocks east of the B&B where you can buy an ice cold 24 ounce Peroni beer for 2 euros (very nice).

Without a doubt the best place to eat in Trastevere was a restaurant we went to twice. I don't remember the name (sorry) but if you are standing outside in front of the B&B, facing the street, turn to your right and walk toward Via Trastevere for about 4-6 store fronts. Look to your right and you will find a clean, whole in the wall family restaurant. That place is awesome. the food is great and reasonably price. The staff is very friendly.

THE B&B: I was very impressed with the hotel. everything that Marina and zanda promised me, they delivered. There is an elevator that works. It is very small though, and can only accomodate 2 adults at the most. The room was spotlessly clean. The floor was so clean, I had no problem walking on it barefoot (which I wouldn't do in most hotels). The flat screen TV was great (there are cable channels in English). The air conditioning worked great. It was so hot in room, it was great coming back to a frosty, air conditioned room. The AC was definitely a life saver! The bathroom was clean, and the bathtub was a Jacuzzi with jets (which my wife loved). Breakfast was served every morning. The breakfast was exactly what they told me it would be: cold cuts cheeses, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, danish, croissants, fruit, toast, nutella, coffee, juice, water. For Americans, it is not really what we are used to (think Denny's, I HOP, etc.) but I was ok with that. I did not expect to get french toast and bacon every morning. The staff at this B&B provided enough food to fill you up and I was satisfied with that. If we ran out of something, we just asked Zanda and she would get it for us.

the service was really great. Zanda, Marina, and Helio were so nice. When we went to the Vatican, I asked Zanda to call a cab for us which she did, and it was right there. Our airline lost a piece of our luggage. When they returned it to the hotel, Zanda received it and took care of it till we got back from sight seeing. People in Rome can be very nice or very rude (like most places I guess). It was nice to know that the staff at the B&B were always willing to help you.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Not much to say here. I thought the refrigerator in the room was too small, and did not keep things very cold. We bought 1 liter size water bottles and they were too big for the micro-frige in the room. We just drank them room temperature which was not terrible because like I said, the AC worked great. Also, when you take your cab from the airport to the B&B, you will see that there is nothing distinct outside the B&B and you will feel like your cab driver is just dropping you off in a random neighborhood. It is a little wierd for americans who are used to clearly marked structures/buildings. This is not a big deal though, There is a small name plate on the side of the front door and just find the button for Your Nest in Rome and ring it.

CLOSING: All in all, this is a great place to stay in a great neighborhood in Rome. I would stay here again and I have nor problem recommending this B&B to anyone. Thank you so much Helio, Marina, and Zanda :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, the balcony is nice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Rome
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Excellent B&B in Rome downtown, in the mid of the characteristic Trastevere, friendly managed by Marina and Elio. Located in an old building, the B&B is made up by two huge apartments fully restructured. Clean and comfotable, my room was quite and silent; the bathroom was provided with all the amenities. The perfect location for turism but also for business trips into downtown.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I've never written a Trip Advisor review before, but my husband and I had such a wonderful experience here, that I had to share. Not only were the accomodations really nice (clean room, well appointed, quiet, comfortable), but the hospitality provided by Marina, Elio and Zanda was unsurpassed, in our experience. They were at our beck and call and helped us with everything from making reservations for a local opera and getting us cabs and transportation to various places...to setting up chairs on the lovely rooftop deck (which has a fantastic view) and picking out the perfect restaurant for a large group dinner. They also magically appeared every morning when we arrived for breakfast to make us delicious cappuccinos! But they really went above and beyond the call of duty when my daughter (who we were visiting nearby, during her study abroad program) had her apartment broken into during our stay there. Mariana and Elio worked with the Study Abroad staff to allow my daugther and her roomate to stay at YNIR for about a week and a half...the remainder of the program. We left Rome knowing that my daughter was safe and in excellent hands, staying at this wonderful bed and breakfast. I can't praise this place, or Marina, Elio and Zanda enough.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the inside courtyard if you're looking for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wendy K
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This lovely B&B is located in the heart of Trastevere neighborhood. The most well-known Piazza S. Maria is a three minute walk. The Basilica, one of the oldest in Rome, was open during the day to go inside - very impressive. The local shops are great - clothes, decor, cuisine. There are many places to eat and enjoy watching people enjoying themselves. The B&B, which feels a lot like a boutique hotel, is on the fifth floor, but there is a sweet little elevator big enough for two medium-sized people with three bags - it would work as well for a larger person with a few pieces of luggage. The building is beautiful - gorgeous lobbies - gleaming marble floors, beautiful woodwork - feels more upscale than the price would indicate. The space is spotlessly clean and the room very nicely decorated in a clean but chic way with trompe l'oeil details of traditional mouldings - beautiful draperies. Comfy beds with good quality linens. The bath is well appointed with chic fittings. Great shower - lots of hot water - hair dryer, etc. Huge armoire with a full-length mirror (which we missed in a few other places - two women!) They have Skyview TV with news and music channels in English. There is a mini-bar with water and other drinks. Nice view from the window overlooking the area. The street below is busy at night - with the window open, we could hear the sounds of people dining and talking - a man playing the accordian and singing - charming and lots of fun. But, when the window was closed, it was very quiet and we slept well. The little breakfast area on the floor below is marvelous with a view to the courtyard, lovely art and furniture. A selection of croissants, breads, toast, cheese, cured meats, even boiled eggs and more . . . a nice breakfast and they make a great cappuccino too. The first night we ate at the Piazza. The meal was super and the activity in the square was friendly and fun - people sitting on the famous fountain, families, singles, couples young and old - strolling and stopping for dinner or a drink. It's a great place to walk around at night - busy but very comfortable - safe and friendly. The second evening, we had eaten elsewhere earlier but took a walk around the neighborhood at 11pm because we were suddenly hungry. Nearby, a small trattoria was open. He made us a super custom sandwich and we even grabbed a fantastic Italian beer from the cooler. This place is a nice blend of great location, interesting and cool neighborhood, proximity to the river - and a quality establishment. The hosts - Marina and the gang - were very friendly and helpful. It is comfortable and perfect for those, like us, who appreciate good housekeeping. Their name suits very well - it is a "Nest in Rome". We would go back again and would recommend it to anyone wanting a comfortable and affordable place in a central area.

Room Tip: I mentioned we were two sisters and that twins beds would be OK. There were two twins side-by-side...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank PlanesTrains52
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Your nest in Rome lives up to its name. We felt we were coming home at night and even had lovely afternoons drinking wine on our little balcony, just listening to the noises of the neighborhood. The B&B is within walking distance of most major attractions, but as you walk out the door you're already in one of the most interesting neighborhood of Rome, Trastevere. Cafés, restaurants, old churches, piazza Santa Maria, etc. Marina and Elio, the owners, are more than friendly. I had a little accident at the end of my vacation and couldn't walk. They were so helpful with everything, organized transportation and even went out to buy me some crutches.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple