“Great hotel”

Hotel Romanico Palace
Ranked #304 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Myself And my wife stayed at the hotel on our first visit to Rome. We both thought that the hotel was excellent. When we arrived we were met by English speaking staff who were very helpful.
The hotels location is excellent you are 15 to 25 minutes walk to all the sights with the exception of the vatican. This can be reached from the underground which is also a short walk.
To have breakfast on the room is amazing and again the staff can't help you enough.
If we ever go back to Rome we would both stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2011

After travel around italy we return to rome again. we find hotel romanico .good location and decor. we stay for 2 nites. every think is pay in extra like Wi Fi 10 euros for 3 hours, breakfast 20 euro for person and very simple continental breakfast we rit the road and find a cafe for a breakfast .I am pickyee about food not simple breakfast can make me Happy.I think i can stay again . also wifi not work in 4 floor i need go to main room to use my laptop

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Me and my partner spent 4nights at the hotel which is right in the heart of Rome and is very clean and tidy. When we arrived at the hotel we were welcomed and took to our room which we upgraded for 120 euros. As a typical women my partner was taking ages to get ready so i went down to the bar to wet my whistle and met a gentleman by the name of Valerio who not only was extremley friendly and helpful but also had a fantastic personality and nothing was to much trouble for him. He recommended some excellent bars, trips and resteraunts. We would defos stay her again and hope to see Valerio there when we do!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jordan R
Belgrade, MT
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it was nearby another hotel i had reserved that ended up not being open and ready for my arrival. the staff here are wonderfull and i had a great time here. it is centrally located in Rome which make most of the attractions within an easy walking distance. the only issue i had was with my keycard not working to let me in to the enterance way to my hotel room but it makes for a good story to tell.

Room Tip: rooms are spacious and beautifull
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Jason B
Woodlands Tx
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Had stayed 2 blocks down on Via Veneto at the Westin Excelsior in prior years and at 430 euros per night for 2 nights before flying home thought we'd try something a little less expensive. I was shocked when I arrived, as my wife booked the hotel off tripadvisor 2 hours before catching a flight to Rome from Mykonos for 103 euros a night, to find a spectacular room with a bathroom nicer than the Westin. The faux painting and furnishings in the room are, well, romantic.The bed was heavenly type, with high thread count cotton sheets , and the bathroom had a jacuzzi tub, multi spray shower, olive oil soap, full plush terry cloth monogramed towels, and bidet. The staff that welcomed us at reception, a young man and woman in their 20's both blonde and blued(I do not remember their names), checked us in in minutes and our bags were brought to the room before we got to it by the bellman. After a good rest we asked where they reccomended for dinner and the desk staff both enthusiastically told us to go to a restaurant 3 blocks away and made reservations without being asked. The restaurant was terrific. The curtains had blackout curtains behind them and there was no noise in the room from the outside for peaceful sleeping. When I went down around 10 the next morning to look for breakfast ed(which we were told when checking in was included) I thought it would be off the lobby, but was told to go to the top floor. Wow, a surround glass restaurant on the top floor just for breakfast with a great view. . When I saw the pastries and danish variety along with anything else you could want, and a full staff impeccably dressed running and replenishing the fresh juices and all the food and pastries( as it rapidly disappeared) I went back to my room and told my wife,who had told me the night before she would just sleep and skip breakfast,that she had to see this to believe it. She came and was also suprised at the view over Rome from the top of the hotel and the great food. The lobby had a full selection of newspapers in all languages for guests. Wireless internet for five euros an hour was available. On Sunday when we left for the airport I asked for a taxi, which are fixed price 40 euros, which we knew and is also posted all over the hotel area on the Via Veneto, and the hotel concierge asked if we would like a mercedes sedan to take us for 50 euros. Having endurred the taxi ride from the airport we jumped at the opportunity and left in the same luxury as our stay at the hotel. We expect to come back for 2 weeks Christmas of this year, Rome, Venice, Florence., and I will stay here again. The value is incredible and the hotel enthusiastically reccomended

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HoustonTexascouple
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 12 August 2011

For one who is used to the average standard of the four-star hotels in the center of Rome, it was a nice surprise.
I chose it simply because of its location, close to Via Vittorio Veneto and just 15 minutes walking from Termini railway station, just getting into the first "good looking one" after a tiring day.
The service was ok, the room was clean and in good conditions, room endowment was satisfactory (better than most of the average Rome's four-star hotel), breakfast good, nice personnel, good view from the terrace restaurant at 7th floor.
There's also a spa, though I had no time to experience it.
No negative notes.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We looked for a cheap 4 star in a great location- and that's what we got. The room wasn't big but it was more than enough. The staff at the reception were always willing to help with directions, restaurants etc.
The breakfast was what we expected- a basic continential breakfast, the big bonus is the view from the seventh floor of the hotel. The only problem i remember is that once (out of 4 times we ate there), the hot water and the coffee weren't very hot- however, i did see the hotel staff fixing the problem after a few minutes. I presonally got the breakfast as a part of a deal, so i don't know the exact price, but one of the other guests told me that it's 25 euros.
As I've already written, the room wasn't very big. It had a few other problems: the shower wasn't working too well (the tub didn't drain quickly enough) and the toilet was making a lot of noise when the water refilled. The TV was a small blurry LCD screen, but it did have a few international channels. The hotel lies on a busy street, so there is some noise 24 hours a day (especially because of how common scooters are in rome).
The hotel is served by 2 elevators, so there weren't any problems in this regard. Perheps the construction which is mentioned in one of the reviews is one of the elevators, which is the bigger one and seems extremely new.
The big advantage of this hotel is its location: around 10-15 minutes from one of rome's metro stations- which makes accessing most of the city extremely easy. Also it's in a walking distance from trevi's fountain, the spanish stairs and the Pantheon. In addition it's just a few minutes from a bus station and there are dozens of restaurants nearby.
The hotel offers airport transportation for 80 euros, but it's possible to walk 2 minutes to the nearby taxi station and get there for 40. There is Wi-Fi, but it costs 20 euros per day.

In conclusion, this is a good 4 star hotel, great if you want to explore rome more than you want to stay in the hotel. Not perfect, but great value for its cheap price. I'll recommend it for anyone who looks for a cheap hotel in a central location in Rome.

*I have to add a short review about the cafe just next to the hotel, which does not appear on tripadvisor. Stay away from it- for the price of average coffee, a piece of cake and average service you can get a full meal in one of the nearby Italian restaurants. I also have to say that the hotel staff did not say anything about it, we just ate there once because it was so close to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family