“Not helpful staff & A/C problem”

Hotel Romanico Palace
Ranked #278 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were there for 2 nights (4 rooms total) as part of our Italy tour. We informed them as soon as we got in (about 30 mins later) that the rooms were hot. They said they'll send someone to check. I don't know if they ever did because we left for dinner. My brother & his wife's room was so warm they have to keep the window opened!! My room became bearable to sleep in only after a shower, but I was wakened up by the noises of cars & trucks. I mentioned to front desk the next morning and again "I will have my colleague come to check" routine. I saw a hotel personnel on my floor and asked him to check and he said it is working. His attitude stinks & gave me the impression that I just have to deal with it. I have to mentioned that I live in Texas and my thermostat is usually at 77 - 80 so I'm not expecting much.
My brother was moved to a room the first night but it was adjoined to another room so they heard all movements - can't sleep. Then they were moved to another the next day, bigger and nicely decorated, but A/C wasn't at its full potential. My friend's room was also hot and they actually moved her to another room that turned out to be very cold, even though she increased the temperature. I can only Thank God that my parents' room was ok because my Dad has a heart condition and he wouldn't be able to tolerate the heat!!! All in all, the rooms are beautiful, but unfortunately I couldn't enjoy it because it was too uncomfortable. I expected more from this beautiful hotel but the service was not comparable to the small boutique hotel that I stayed for 2 nights before I joined the tour. Sorry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shihtzu02
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is important to us, we use your experiences to learn and ultimately improve our service and facilities.

First off all, I hope you will accept my unreserved apology for failing to deliver the wow factor which is so important in any guests’ stay. We take great pride in the personal, genuine nature of our service and our ability to positively engage and connect with our customers and we were not able to show to you.

The air conditioning works properly and efficiently in all rooms as well as in all the hotel's areas. The A/C machine in our hotel have individual control, guest can set by him/her self directly the preferred temperature in the room by using the electronic panel.

The suggested temperature in room is 22 Celsius Degrees. Setting the temperature at the minimum of 16 Celsius Degrees can cause the brokage of the machine. In order to have the best cooling in the room, the windowsmust be closed, otherwise, also if the A/C is turned on, the room will be hot. .

We are thinking to prepare an A/C user manual to be provided to all customers about how to use it.

Since your note we have been in contact and have responded in person but I did want to personally apologize again for the problems you experienced whilst in our hospitality.

Your experience, however unfortunate, is most certainly not indicative of the high levels of service we strive to achieve and quality of product we maintain and I sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

THANK YOU again for your feedback, we will learn from your experience and I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Romanico Palace.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Romanico Palace

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. Beds were very comfortable . Rooms were clean . Staff were friendly and approachable.The hotel is a short walk to the Spanish steps and the Villa Borghese with its large park and zoo.
The breakfast was OK but the toaster was the most inefficient I have ever encountered. There was fresh fruit but it was not always ripe and the fruit salad was tinned. Overall I slept well and found the hotel suited my needs.Head along the via boncampognini towards Via Veneto and there is a large taxi rank with fixed fare rates for the airports - 30 euro for Ciampino and 48 euro for Fluiminco

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank johnfromscotland2014

Dear John,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, THANK YOU for choosing Romanico Palace Hotel!

We know that details make all the difference, and it is for this reason that we are meticulous about order, cleanliness and hygiene in the bedrooms and throughout the hotel.

The quality of a hotel is also measured by how well you sleep and thus, by the quality of your bed: the place where you will spend most of your time during your stay in our hotel. We pay particular attention to the quality of the mattresses, the types of pillows available.

Regarding the breakfast, your feedback is incredibly important to us as we learn and ultimately improve by actively listening to our customers. Sincere apologies for the problem with the toaster, our renovation program is expecting different initiatives to improve the structure and service.

Our buffet breakfast offers a wide variety of products: croissants,bakery products, freshly baked bread, yogurt, cereals and fruits, biologic jam. You can find fresh and tinned fruits, because we have a wide range of customers and different tastes, so we brought both types.

We get so many great comments about our location, it is simply incredible and I can totally understand why guests would fall in love with a gem right in the centre of Rome brimming with great bars, restaurants and independent little shops.

It’s a treasure trove for foodie’s and shoppers and the fact that you can walk to Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain in under 15 minute is simply amazing..

THANK YOU for taking the time to write about us and we hope to welcome you back in our lovely Rome!

Best regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014

we just came back from a short break in Rome yesterday. it was my husband's birthday. we picked this hotel from travel republic website and I emailed the hotel directly and they gave us a beautiful room. the room was on 4th floor 432 with street view, very clean with comfortable bed and spotless bathroom. air condition was fab. break fast was good but the same everyday. I would put some more variety in it. because the hotel itself is great!!!!!the only problem was our WIFI which was not working in our room. we asked the staffs a couple of times they sent somebody but still not working!! we could use wifi in the lobby. they change the sheets every day and make the room spotless. the location of this hotel is great!!! 10 min walk to Barberini square for metro. we used metro only once to get to Vatican. if you want to go to Vatican give it a day, we could only see the vatican museum, it took us 6 hours !!! its worth every penny. such an amazing place. we hired a bike for a day from a company called www.myscooterentinrome.it just 10 minutes walk from hotel. very exciting experience, very good price. we went all around Rome by bike. I will come back to this hotel again and recommend all my friends this lovely hotel. thanks

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shadi_9
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all Thank You for all the positive comments and for your feedback, it is very important for us you shared your unforgettable experience at Hotel Romanico Palace****.

As you may have noticed, “Direct Contact” is the key to the success of your unique stay to our Hotel; our whole property is composed of more than 100 rooms, every one of them has a detail or some particular that make it different from the others and we personally take care of all the booking process with passion and professionalism with one unique aim: to let you feel at home and make it all perfect.

Regarding the room’s type that has been assigned to you, it was a comfortable Double Deluxe Room with external view and comfortable beds with Jacuzzi amenities.
We are happy to read that the bathroom was spotless and your room was suited to your needs. We are sure to share your comments about how clean you found your room with our housekeeping team, they do work very hard indeed to provide all our guests with the cleanest of hotels.

We are pleased to see that you found our location really good and convenient -this is a re-occurring theme among all our reviews and it is one of the major benefit of our hotel and we are very glad that you spent a really lovely time in the Eternal City.
Hotel Romanico Palace is located in a safe and quiet central area which has a lot of amenities and attractions, indeed without using any form of transportation you can reach in 10 minutes by walking Spanish steps, Trevi Fountain, Villa Borghese with the gardens and much more to see around.

I am really sorry regarding the Wi-fi Signal that doesn’t work properly in your room, during your stay at our Hotel there was a great job by our maintenance Staff to fix some troubles concerning all the Internet cables of the structure, due in part also by the Supplier Internet Provider.

I am truly delighted that you enjoyed another point of strength, the breakfast served on the amazing Roof Top Garden on the 7°Floor with 360° Panorama view over the Eternal City.

Thank you one more time for taking the time to write such a lovely detailed review.
I am pleased you had a brilliant stay with us and I hope to welcome you back whenever you will be in Rome.

Yours Faithfully

Andrea

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here for one night before heading to the airport. The hotel is convenient to Termini station - very quick cab ride and not a bad walk if you have one piece of rolling luggage. The desk staff were very friendly and entertained my mediocre skills in Italian, although their English was perfect.

The rooms are decorated in an over-the-top Baroque or Gilded Age style that is actually quite fun. Like something one of the edgier Kimpton properties might go for, except you're in Rome and most of this is authentic! The room was clean and the bed slept well. The pleasant surprise was the bathroom: It wasn't huge, but it was roomier than most European hotels and the tub/shower was equipped with multiple shower heads, a jacuzzi, and actual HOT water that never ran out. My room was on the second floor and the Saturday night street noise was not objectionable. Unfortunate tour bus parked outside EARLY Sunday morning and idled (loudly) while all the passengers checked out of the hotel and loaded onto the bus. However, I can't really fault the hotel for this and I was sure to be up and over to the train station in plenty of time.

It's really a shame that the Hotel rooftop is only available for breakfast. It would be a great spot for evening cocktails. The location is central and convenient, but also in a bit of a non-descript area. It may not be the ideal location for touring the major Roman sites unless you plan to start and end your day of touring with a cab ride. It suited my needs perfectly and I got a deal on it through Priceline which saved me 40 euro, and even without that discount, I think the hotel was a very good value.

Room Tip: Higher is better and the hotel has a "real" elevator, so getting luggage up is not an issu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Spiderquadrifoglio
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

THANK YOU for taking the time to write this detailed review of your time at the Romanico Palace Hotel!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you felt warmly welcomed by our team from the moment you arrived. We enjoy creating a warm and family like atmosphere here at our boutique hotel and I am glad that you appreciated the traditional Italian feel.

The Executive House keeper will be happy to hear that you found clean and comfortable rooms. The exclusive mattress is custom designed to create the perfect foundation for deep, calming sleep, while plush pillows, crisp sheets and a fluffy duvet wrap you in comfort.
To be a level structure, all spaces must be elegant and functional, from the living room to the bathroom.

Daily showers with Jacuzzi can help restore your energy, relax overused muscles after a pleasant walking in the city center and refocus a harried attitude. Let the water from a Jacuzzi shower wash over you and see what a difference it can make in your day.

I think that our location is do brilliant, because it is a wonderful area and arguably one of the very best places to stay in Central Rome. What makes it so unique is the fact that it has all the charm, quaintness and vibrancy of Via Veneto,yet it is literally a stone’s throw away from Spanish Steps Trevi Fountain, Villa Borghese.

Theextreme security and tranquility of our neighborhood is a crucial issue in a chaotic city like Rome, the hotel is in a privileged position because we are just a short walk from the U.S. Embassy and other embassies in Europe, so there is a continuous police surveillance 24h.

Our staff can’t wait to see you again for another memorable experience in the Eternal City.. Rome in summer is simply magic!

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I had a great time at this place! The stuff was very gentile. But the brake fast was terrible. Lack of variety of bread and no vegetables. They had pineapple and when we asked if we could eat they said : no, it's only for decoration :(
Despite that we had so nice weekend. The hotel it's very central. Great location. We will definitively come back another time.

Stayed: February 2014
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Paula,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us, thank you for choosing Hotel Romanico Palace!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel, especially the ideal location, within walking distance of many of Rome's must-see sights, and close to the the most important streets of the City.

We hang our hats on delivering exceptional service experiences through people who genuinely care about our customers so your feedback regarding our staff and the service you received throughout your stay is very motivating and encouraging for us as a team.

Please accept our sincere apologies that in this instance we failed to exceed your expectations, and be assured your review has been forwarded to the Food & Beverage Director, to be used as an opportunity for training and improvement.

We receive so many positive comments about the breakfast : only the location worth the agreed price, every day we receive requests of the most famous photographers who want to use our roof garden to make their shots, we are one of the few hotels in Rome with a large terrace overlooking the city where you can enjoy a splendid 360° landscape.

Anyway not only positive comments but also negative ones are necessary for us in order to improve our daily service whose priority is always looking after our guests’ needs.

Service, product, location and value are integral parts in the guest experience which we know we have to get spot on if we want to create long term customers and ultimately be a real “home away from home” for our guests.

We very much look forward to welcoming you on your return visit, when we may have the opportunity to restore your faith in Romanico Palace Hotel!

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Loved staying here, made our anniversary break so special. Great location near to Trevi Fountain, tall ceilings and spacious rooms. The decor speaks for itself and does not make you feel like your in a standard hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alex R
CustomerCareDept, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Romanico Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Buongiorno Alex,

I am so happy you felt compelled to write your first review, THANK YOU for taking the time to put pen to paper and tell others about your time with us!

We are honoured that you chose to spend your anniversary break at Romanico Palace, it was an important opportunity that we could not fail.

I loved your description “the decor speaks for itself and does not make you feel like your in a standard hotel”, this is exactly our goal, because in Rome there are numerous structures but with our features are difficult to find.

Art in Rome is something you breathe in the air. You also breathe it in our Room. The furniture here is all antique, as are the paintings on the wall. The décor is refined, like the precious carpeting that picks up the colours and motifs of the curtains to create an atmosphere of timeless aristocracy which, nonetheless, enjoys all the benefits of modern technology.

Indeed our central location in the heart of Rome, just next to the famous Via Veneto, short distances from Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountian, make Romanico Hotel a wonderful and convenient place of residence.

Theextreme security and tranquility of our neighborhood is a crucial issue in a chaotic city like Rome, the hotel is in a privileged position because we are just a short walk from the U.S. Embassy and other embassies in Europe, so there is a continuous police surveillance makes form day to night.

We always invite you to take advantage from our official website, if the next time you can’t find the ideal solution, do not hesitate to contact us, because our booking office is open 24 hours to provide a customize assistance.

Once again, THANK YOU for posting your feedback and for staying with us. We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our lovely hotel!

Yours faithfully

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff at this hotel are extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are as you would expect in this age of the property, there are upgrades going on to the hotel but don't cause any disruption to the guests, breakfast on the seventh floor is excellent in both the offering and view, my only issue is that we are just a touch too far from the centre of Rome, but i would stay here again, good value for your money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin,

THANK YOU for taking the time to write about us, your feedback is important and we greatly appreciate your support in telling others about the Romanico Palace.

It was a pleasure to have you stay and I am thrilled you had such a positive experience.

I am delighted you were impressed with our breakfast , we are very proud to be one of the few hotels in the City centre which allows you to make the most important meal in a roof garden on the seventh floor, with incredible views of Rome.

Our location is superb for exploring this wonderful City, the area is quant and charming yet incredibly close to the main arteries of Via Veneto. We in the heart of Rome is indeed well placed for tourism being a stone’s throw away from many major sights and fashionable shopping area.

Relaxing walks along the green colors of Villa Borghese, exciting emotions looking Spanish Steps, a masterpiece of the baroque art style, the unprecedented beauty of Trevi Fountain, inspired by Roman triumphal arches..

Maybe we were not so clear with the instructions we gave you during your stay, the location is one of our best qualities.

It is always incredibly motivating when we receive such great feedback regarding our service and our people and even more rewarding when a particular employee really stood out for the service they delivered.

The small little touches and details we believe are so important and genuinely add to the overall experience. The Hotel was indeed recently fully renovated, from our public spaces down to all our guest bedrooms and the vision was to create a uniqueness feel.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to what I hope will now be your “home away from home”.

Best wishes