Eurostars Saint John Hotel
US$222
US$625
US$414
  • Breakfast included
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$273
US$733
US$443
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvisited this hotelpastriesshort breakminutes walk awayon footmini barcity breakside streetvisiting romevatican citytrevi fountainmetrojacuzzimapcoloseumsitessightseeing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I travelled to Rome on a business trip. When I arrived at this hotel, the person at the reception (named Obama) was on the phone and ignored me for about 4 minutes. Once I received his attention, and instead of welcoming me to the hotel, he took out a map and told me: "There is a problem in our hotel and you have to go to another hotel. Here are the directions on how you can get there". I asked him what the problem was but he initially refrained from telling me that there was an overbooking issue. It took another 3-4 minutes of discussion to figure out the hotel was full.

I tried to explain to him that it would cause me a lot of inconvenience to move into another hotel simply because I had to get changed quickly and get to the conference venue, which was about 1-hour away. I was really in a hurry because I had to give a presentation at the conference in that afternoon. He completely ignored me. When I asked to talk to his manager, he replied that he was the manager of the hotel. I asked for his details and he said that his name is Obama. Given the lack of communication between us, I threaded to call booking.com straight away to complain. His response was: "Okay call them, what are they going to do to me?"

I have to admit that I have never been treated so badly at a hotel reception. I tried once more to explain to him that the hotel was recommended by the conference organizers and that I was in a real hurry. After a lot of effort from my side, he finally offered the option of punting me in a small room for the first night of my stay. This was the best option for me at the time. I got room 404, a tiny room with no space to leave my luggage

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Chris0st0m0s
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel is pretty standard European except for two rooms on the top floor with your own huge terrance and a private jacuzzi. AMAZING! A very unique and wonderful experience! The location in Manzoni is perfect for seeing the sites.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Both my tablet and mobile phone were stolen from my room !!! I m still in this bloody hotel, waiting for the manager to figure out what they wanna do for this...hate this hotel. Don't waist your money....never never never....

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Naghmeh J
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Bad service. Fail to send guest to the airport upon requested time. Front desk staffs are rude. Did not inform the driver about guest's designated airport. Send us to the wrong airport. Did not follow up with guests feedback. Shout at guests.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jeffry Y
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Wtaye stayed at the Eurostar Hotel St. John for two nights after an Adriatic cruise. Front desk told me they called cab thee times. They did not. No bellman to bring large luggage down for 7:30
AM checkout. Bad attitude of all front desk personnel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends