“Cozy home away from home”

Residenza Navona First
Ranked #1,172 of 3,711 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We booked with Residenza Navona First based on the pictures and reviews on tripadvisor, along with the price and location. We were not disappointed. The address booking.com gave us was the address near Campo di Fiori. I believe it holds the office. We were taken to our room across the street right near Piazza Navona. We had to go up some pretty steep steps but once you're in the landing, you are in a dining room/kitchen area with is shared by the guests. Our room was number 3 on Viccolo della Cancelleria. We had our own private terrace and our room was very spacious with a private bath. It was like living in a little studio apartment instead of a room. The location was excellent. This bed and breakfast isn't americanized, but lovely because you actually feel submersed in the Roman culture. If you are looking for a typical American hotel, this is not it. If you are looking for a cozy, Italian stay that is literally within walking distance of Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, and the Vatican(opposite direction), this is the place for you. The only negative thing I can think of to say about this place is that the walls are quite thin, so it can get a bit noisy, but that didn't bother us too much since we were out most of the day and night enjoying Rome. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 3 on Viccolo della Cancelleria
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmilyA671
There are newer reviews for Residenza Navona First

Reviewed 1 November 2011

We chose this hotel based on the location and reviews. I must say that this is the first time I felt let down by my fellow travellers. The only conclusion I can draw is that there are two locations- one on Piazza Navona and another closer to Campo di Fiori. This review is for the Campo- It was a hostel with a private bath. For the price paid it was noisy, poor beds, buggy, and generally a lousy stay. Sorry.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank TumbleweedSmith
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I picked that location mostly based on their rating (4.3) on TripAdvisor. Clearly, people who gave them that score dod not go to the same place we went. I'll have to be more careful with TripAdvisor in the future ;-)

Worst place I've ever stayed. Dirty, dark, and way too expensive, at 140 Euros per night (they even have the nerve to charge more on week-ends). It started on a very wrong foot when I showed up at the address on the venere.com confirmation eMail, only to find a closed door. Fortunately, they had left their phone number on the door AND I was smart enough to buy a Vodafone Italy SIM card previously. I called them, and had to walk yet a few nore blocks with all the luggage to get to our rooms, up to the 3rd floor a steep stairway.

The only redeeimng value of the place, besides very good Internet connectivity, is its location. But there is only so much I would be willing to pay for that.

The other good news is: rooms are furnished with towels with holes in them... but they don't charge for the holes :-)

If, on the other hand, you enjoy showering with a showerhead below your waistline, go for it!

Ricardo Talbot
Québec, Québec
Canada

Room Tip: Play it safe... Stay away from Residenza Navona First!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We booked here because the web pictures looked promising, and it was close to Campo dei Fiori and Piazza Navona, our favourite area in the beautiful city. We arrived at the address and were greeted by a scruffy staircase and a lady saying "No, don't come up!" She then came down, and with a curt "Follow me," headed around the corner, a couple of hundred metres on, across the Corso Vittoria Emanuele and into another doorway in the Piazza San Pataleo, up an old elevator to the fourth floor. In a tiny foyer we were asked for "Passports!" and then "You pay now!" After a long and stressful journey, we were not ready to be rude or ask where we actually were. Credit card done, we were led down the passage to a very small room with an even smaller bathroom. The lady gave us some keys and left, never to be seen again. In fact, apart from two other guests, we did not see anyone else. We discovered by a card in the foyer that this was the Residenza San Pantaleo.
OK. So the room was very small. If you happened to drop the soap in the shower, you certainly would not be able to pick it up; and if you were the slightest bit portly, you wouldn't actually fit in the shower.
The redeeming features were clean sheets, reasonably quiet (because this room faced onto a courtyard as opposed to the Corso), and you are literally a couple of hundred metres from Piazza Navona. Another nice thing was that in place of breakfast, you get a voucher for a cafe and a cornetto at Gerri's Bar around the corner which is a genuine little place used by locals and not tourists.
I think you could do a lot better in Bella Roma.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan R
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This review is about 'Navona Luxury Home' their sister hotel just down the road.

Originally booked Residenza Navona First and after mutiple emails back and forth to the lovely and very tolerant Nadia we decided to stay at 'Navona Luxury Home' and we're glad we did.
It's a new boutique hotel situated in a beautiful old building with spectacular 20 foot doors at the entrance, it's located just around the corner from Piazza Navona and Campo de Fiori with some fantastic restaurants in the area.

The hotel is very central to all the major tourist attractions in Rome, we walked everywhere and didn't catch transport at all.
The family room was modern and spacious, comfortable for 4 adults, it had everything you needed including large flat screen TV and free wifi.
A hotel is just a room if not for the people, what made this holiday very special was the gorgeous Nadia and Serena they were absolutely fantastic, telling us the best places to shop what to see and where to eat and some other little secrets. Nothing was ever a problem, we really miss them.

Breakfast is include in the price and we were given vouchers to go to Gerrys a local coffee shop. We absolutely loved it, an espresso coffee, pastry and fresh juice every morning, just like the locals...'When in Rome do as the Romans do" and we sure did.

At the risk of telling the world, this was Rome's best kept secret. We can't wait to getback.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Foti_40
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My wife and me spent 4 nights it this B&B.
It is on the right spot for most of the attractions, walking distance to every where
(5 minutes to Navona Piazza and Pantheon, 12 min to Vatican, 20-25 min to all far attractions like Colloseum etc...
Only 2 min from good restaurants and coffee shops.
next time will be there again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank giora53
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This hotel is located in two adresses- via Vittorio Emmanuele and Piazza Cancellaria. Location is wonderful, BUT bed bugs are waiting for you at room#5 on Cancellaria. I don't wish to anybody to look and feel like myself after sleeping there. Awful bites over all body! Be careful, don't risk!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Obormoto
martino_1966, Proprietario at Residenza Navona First, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Hello Obormoto,
I would like to respond to his review.

I think in a completely unjustified want to discredit people who do this work, with passion, dedication and love is truly absurd!!!
With respect, I wanted to point out that the mattresses are replaced once every 18 months, thus ensuring absolute peace of mind to my clients from the hygienic point of view, not only in terms of comfort.
In this case, room no 5, where she stayed, the mattresses were replaced in May 2011. The mattresses are purchased Polyurethane foam allergy, moths and fire protection.If the TripAdvisor gives me the chance I'm ready to show off bills acquist.Is a,most quite impossible that there may be in the new mattresses bed bugs, and to mentioned he is a pure invention!
Speaking of bed bugs in 2011 I think is a little exaggerated, because in Italy the problem has been solved and eradicated by the early years after the old war.Non I can believe a single one of his words (and hopefully those who read his absurd Review ) because if it was really as you say, why not come immediately to complain that there was a mattress in his invasion of bed bugs ??!!!
It happened to me, I would have immediately turned to the front desk asking to leave as soon as possible and requested the return of payment.Things which does not happend now, and I'm not longer be tolerated, even in Third World countries!
She is denouncing a matter as serious as absurd!
Do not you think you have exaggerated a bit with his tale of horror??
Returning to facts, I think his problem is due infact in July in Rome as in other parts of the world, there is an invasion of MOSQUITOS and not of bed bugs!
Everyone, some more than others, we fall prey to these annoying insects.She is clearly was assaulted by mosquitos.But that it is my fault?
Would do well to contact me to ask to give you insects cream,anti-insect, something that could help your skin, but nothing! Not made ​​it self felt, it seemed that all was well, and definitely went well, otherwise she would come running to me complaining!
I have come to meet me when he asked for a room with a balcony to smoke throughout the tranquillity.E was assigned!
I always try to meet the needs of my clients, to the extent possible ovviamente.E 'my work..The greatest satisfaction for me is to see a client who greets you and gives you hugs and happy of stay and that just made greets you with a warm "goodbye".
So Miss Obormoto, if I had mentioned that there were problems, I would have made ​​immediately available and I tried the more quickly and effectively to resolve her discomfort and make it well.
It should be a little more objective when you want to tell a travel experience.
Best Regards.