All reviewstrastevere areasmall hoteljewish ghettogreat neighborhoodperfect locationwalking distancerestaurants and barsquiet streetaround the cornercharming hotelpastriesenjoyed our staymajor sightsthe hotel staffnice breakfastloved this hotelwonderful stay
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We were there during Christmas. Very nice neighborhood away from big streets and trafic. Very friendly and helpful people. Large and beautiful rooms with bath rooms with all amenities. Good choice of coffee and tea and hot water in the room. The hotel is cut out from a big house so it feels more homely. We did not choose to have breakfast as we went out in the morning. But you can add breakfast for seven euros per person. Many good restaurants close to the hotel. The front desk ladies gave us recommendations for restaurants and it's good to follow their advise. We could walk and cross the bridge in five minutes and walked to the Colosseum and Vatican in half an hour. If I go to Rome this is where I will stay again!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Buia59
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I was really torn on whether to give this place 4 or 5 stars. We enjoyed everything about this location and the room was so large and unique. It could have easily slept 5 people, but we had 4. We had a HUGE bathtub in our room (Studio Deluxe)! Great Jewish Italian food just a few feet away/right downstairs! This was by far the BEST food in all of Rome and I would absolutely insist on staying here again if I were to return. I would have a hard time staying elsewhere because the food really was that good and so conveniently located. It was a short walk to other sites in Rome, but basically everything to see was within an hour's walk, with most even closer. The girl that showed us our room was super friendly and helpful. She circled about a dozen locations of sites to see on a map that were within walking distance, such as the Spanish steps, Sistine Chapel, Trevi Fountain and Colosseum. Even though it rained during most of the days, we were able to visit most of these locations at night! There were also lots of places to hang our wet clothes to dry.

The only reason I was not able to give this room 5 stars is because of a few issues we had while we were there. This Hotel Residenza San Calisto is not actually a part of a hotel. It is owned by the hotel, but is actually more like an apartment. The actual hotel, Hotel Residenza Santa Maria I believe (?), is about a 10 minute walk from where we stayed. I was very happy we were on our own because of the character of the place, but I was very disappointed that we were NOT offered breakfast, as advertised. Our reservation clearly stated that we had breakfast included and we even asked about being able to enjoy breakfast if we were to walk to the hotel, but were told that it was not included. I saw this as false advertising and was very disappointed, as we were looking forward to this. If I had known upfront about it, I still would have stayed here, as the place was so phenomenal, but I do not like being lied to. Another small issue we had while we were there was that the Wifi quit working on our second night. This wouldn't have been a huge deal, but it happened to be the night that we had come home early because of a torrential downpour and we were soaked and wanted to just watch movies, but whenever we tried to connect, it said we had reached our limit (in Italian, which made it more difficult). We let the staff know and they quickly fixed it by the next night, but that didn't help us much as our night inside was already over. The final issue, which was also small, was that the address that we had was the address for the actual hotel, and not actually for where we were staying. Therefore, we walked (with all of our luggage) to the wrong location before noticing that they had texted us with an alternate location, which we then walked to. There were no signs, as it was just an apartment complex-type area that we buzzed up to.

They also let us leave our baggage at the hotel until our bus left at night! That meant a lot and was quite literally a huge weight off our shoulders!

Overall, though, this place was incredible and our favorite location to stay on our entire month-long trip through Europe! The place had so much character and I would be ecstatic to stay here again! If I booked a place here, again, though, I would keep in mind that breakfast was not actually included.

Room Tip: Residenza San Calisto does not offer free breakfast, must stay at actual hotel (Santa Maria?) Studio Deluxe was a great pick for a room!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JenniferM9901
ResidenzaSanCalisto, Manager at Hotel Residenza San Calisto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Guest, first of all we thank you so much for your comment and for the enthusiastic tones you used to describe our Studio De Lux and its characteristic location.
We would like to underline that the reservations for our Studio De Lux never include breakfast being it equipped with a working kitchen and being it not located in the same building of the Residenza San Calisto. Therefore, we kindly invite you to check carefully all the documents related to your reservation in order to verifying definitely that it was not including the breakfast.
We also would like to let you note that the address of the Studio De Lux is clearly specified in the websites, in the voucher and in the e-mails of confirmation we send to our guests at the time of the booking and the day before the arrival. Therefore, we are very sorry if, in spite our organization, you had some problems to reach the rigth address.
Nevertherless, we wish to let you know that it was really an honor for us to have you as our guest and we were indeed very happy to read you spent a nice time in our Studio De Lux.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Fantastic hotel in the heart of the most fun neighborhood in Rome. Very accommodating of our baby. Great recommendations from super helpful staff. Overall perfect place to stay in Rome - we loved it! Highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2017

We received a very warm welcome. The lady showed us how to walk to the hotspots in Rome and which we could combine on 1 day. Breakfast were very tasty with a variety of foods to choose from. Staying in Trastevere is a location we would really recommend! Keep up the good work...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Great hotel! Lots of atmosphere, comfortable, friendly, clean and excellent breakfast. Perfectly located and at the same time quite and safe. I can highly recommend this hotel, whether you are there for business purposes like me, or just on vacation

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple