“2nd Time”

Bed & Breakfast Buongiorno Roma
Ranked #988 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed 7 days in May and recently, 7 days in October. Patrizia and Nicoleta are hosts in the true sense. They have done everything reasonable to make my second stay comfortable and pleasant. The accommodations and security are excellent. I am grateful to Nicoleta for spending a great deal of time and effort in getting me set up with a mobile phone. I also fondly remember Patrizia's effort to see me off while waiting at the bus stop to go to the train station on my way to Venice. Excellent Roman food at nearby Qui si Mangia via Pigneto and food and fun at Piccola Pausa Pizzeria on Gattamelata a few steps away.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank italyart

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed with my mum at this B&B for a week and it was a pleasant experience. The host Patrizia and her daughter was very friendly and gave us very good travel tips and advice. Also the rooms were very nicely decorated and cosy. Everything was also spot clean. We loved the kitchen where we had great breakfast served to us every morning. At this place you could also meet other travellers. The area was local but close to the main central station so it was a breeze to travel around with the local bus. Thanks Patrizia for a wonderful experience :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SharonMarx
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed at this B&B for only one night before my holiday to Malta.

The rooms are very clean and the ambience is very relaxed. The host Patrizia was lovely and very helpful with everything.

A great variety of teas and food for breakfast at disposal was just what I needed for a long day ahead.

Thank you Patrzia.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My room was simple but comfortable, very clean, and for this price range, the private bathroom and AC make it a good pick. The two hosts (mother/daughter) are (as everyone has mentioned) very friendly and accommodating. Because no one was arriving in my room the day of departure, I was able to keep the room until nearly 5PM, which was a big help to me. I enjoyed the location very much, as I had been in Rome before and this time wanted to be away from the tourist crush.

Two drawbacks-- when I emailed about booking, I was told to email my credit card information to reserve. I was reluctant to do this (not out of distrust for the hosts, but because of the hazards of sending such info unencrypted online). The other option offered was to pay via Paypal, which I didn't mind, but I did have to then pay (to the hosts) a 10% additional fee. Secondly, the breakfast was pretty minimal (coffee, store-bought bread + jam, cereal, yogurt). Good if you're on a budget but if you want fresh-baked goods there is a bakery just at the corner. Overall, though, this was a good value place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Patrizia met us at Buongiorno Roma B&B on via Antonio Tempesta. We stayed 7 nights at her immaculate second property on via Roberto Malatesta. Her friendly daughter Nicoleta met us every morning for breakfast in the kitchen or on the nice terrace. WiFi is accessible.

Trams run frequently on via Prenestina at the Gattamalata stop just a direct 10 minute walk from Malatesta. It was extremely convenient getting across Rome to villa Borghese on tram 19 without any changes.

Patrizia is more than happy to respond to inquiries.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank italyart
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had a wonderful time with Patrizia & her daughter. Went well beyond of what was expected. Rooms were clean, bathroom was in excellent order. Company was excellent. The location was fine. If you don't mind public transport (trams, trains) this is an ideal location. Plenty of shop around the place to visit for food, shopping etc.. Thanks for the tour of Rome on the last night there. Will be back again shortly. Ross & Lidia x

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank landrtoorak
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Nicely furnished and equipped accommodation, a bit away from the centre of Rome.

As others have noted the tram is close by and they do run very frequently [apart from our last day when there was obviously a bottleneck at the end of the line and five or six of them missed!]

There are also some good restaurants in easy walking distance and Patrizia and Nicoletta will give you a map showing you how to get there, as well as making recommendations and reservations on your behalf.

Patrizia is certainly what we in Yorkshire call a 'character' and she could talk for Italy! On one evening the heavens really did open [Italian TV was warning of floods which thankfully did not afflict Rome as expected] and some of our party really didn't think it practical to walk to a nearby restaurant. Nicoletta insisted on cooking us all a dish of delicious pasta, which was very much appreciated and a kindness which seemed characteristic of their welcoming approach.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family