“Great value”

Independence Square
Ranked #1,523 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had a very good experience here. Most of the staff speaks English. The b&b is located very close to Termini Station, about a 5 minute walk. When locating the hotel follow the addresses as there is NO sign with the name on the building. It actually looks like an apartment building & you need to "buzz" to get in. For that reason, we felt very safe. The rooms are very small but we were in Rome to sight-see so the room was just used for sleeping & showering. Very clean & comfortable. I could have used one more pillow but my husband & I just rolled up an extra blanket & that helped. We slept with the window open each night as air conditioning was an additional 5 Euro per night. The outside noise was minimal. It was a bit noisy when they were cleaning the restaurant which they also own, Trattoria Al Camoscio D'Abruzzo. Look for that sign when going to the hotel. Guest receive a 10% discount if you eat there. The food was delicious. They also provide a continental breakfast: coffee, juice, croissant, toast. They gave us a great map of the city which was extremely helpful when travelling around. We were able to walk everywhere. The Coliseum, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon & even the Vatican. The staff was very helpful in giving directions or answering any questions. One of the staff is from Boston so he & my husband had a great "heated" political conversation. If you are on a budget I would recommend this hotel for sure & if not on a budget, I still recommend it & spend your extra cash on souvenirs:)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaryKopp2013
There are newer reviews for Independence Square

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Nice and quiet room with a double bed, two bathrooms on the floor for 3 rooms plus a sink in the room. Free breakfast: croissants, juice & coffee. Friendly staff, they offered to keep our baggage there for a few hours after check out. Walking distance (aprx. 20 min) to main attractions (Fori Imperiali, Colosseum etc.)
This private room was only 5 euro more expensive than a shared, mixed dorm at a hostel in the same area, at the time we traveled.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kity0404
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This B&B had charm and was perfectly adequate for a 3 day stay in Rome. The room was small but had a private bath and an available hair dryer for guest use. There were many stairs involved so it is not suitable for those who are not physically capable of climbing. The breakfast consisted of a croissant with jam and a coffee, typical of all Italian B&B's. Just outside the B&B was a restaurant which served all the local dishes so one did not have to go far to eat after a day of exploring Rome. Roma Termini was easily reached in a 10 minute walk. Pino, a staff member, gave great directions on where to catch the bus back to Fiumicino Airport and this is gratefully acknowledged.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Walking distance from Termini Station and easy walk to the Colosseum, Fountain di Trevi and the Spanish Steps. Basic rooms, but clean and comfortable and helpful staff. Private bathroom, internet access that works, and free breakfast (basic croissants but good espresso). It was a great location giving us access to everywhere because we wanted to walk the city. The staff was great and it was reasonably priced. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We over looked the street with a nice sunny view of the beautiful street, but a little traffic noise...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia M
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Really nice hotel in the heart of the city.
Great location, short distance from metro, train and bus station, even on foot wasn't far from the ancient part of Rome, about 20 min from Coloseo. Lots of cafes, restaurants and few supermarkets in the neighbourhood.
Room was very clean and nice, with flat TV and mini fridge, our private bathroom was small, but had everything we needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And cappuccino in the morning - delicious:) For breakfast was croissant or toast with coffee, enough for a good start. We had a very nice stay for a great price, and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anja_2525
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was one of my favorite places to stay during our two week europe vacay. As soon as we got there, we were given maps and provided with metro information and a card with a phone number we could call if we needed anything. Very cool guys. Especially the gentleman from the States whose name I cannot remember! Very welcoming and helpful. I loved our room, and even our building. I felt very at home. The bathroom is shared with a few other people but it really wasn't a problem. I liked that everything felt pretty clean too. People seem to be ragging on the breakfast but it wasn't all that. I loved the morning cappucino =) I'm guessing they're referring to the pre-packaged croissants/toast. I kind of liked them though =X My favorite were the chocolate filled croissants...I mean really it's free...but I guess I'm not much of a breakfast person either way so I wasn't looking for eggs/bacon & pancakes or something.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Juanita A
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The staff makes this place. Upon arrival we were greeted nicely and provided with a map and good tips. The rooms are clean with a fridge and it's close to the station (although still some way from all the sites). The cons though are a poor breakfast (served from 8:00), very small bathroom with no place to but anything and did I mention the poor breakfast. Would not recommend for families with kids.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple