“da consigiare il loro aperitivo”
Review of 'Gusto

'Gusto
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
'Gusto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,114 of 13,335 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: European, Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 17 March 2014

personally I like this place just for their ''aperitivo''. As a restaurant it's not my type of place simply because the price is rather high but the food is nothing special compared to any italian trattoria. But for the position of this place is great, easy to reach that is within walking distance from the metro stop Spagna, asperitivo costs just 10-12 euro including one drink and finger-food type of buffet, for me it's a great place to stop for a couple of hours with friends in the early evening chattng and eating something small.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,393)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We arrived before the crowds, and the staff were very pleasant and did not try to hurry us at all. The dishes were excellent, although I had to return a salad as I ordered a green salad and olives came with corn and cucumbers. The steaks were cooked as requested, and were very tasty.
My husband enjoyed the pudding, I would say they were mediocre but I don't go for can-squeezed cream, and striped chocolate on a plate.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Gusto is a great restaurant with very good food - but the staff are a mixed bunch, a few bordering on rude.
Good choice of dishes however - I had a zucchini flower stuffed with cod and deep fried. Delicious but could have been more delicious with some extra seasoning (a bit of thyme or lemon maybe), then very good pasta shells filled with burrata and served with fresh tomatoes - delicious, but I could have done with double the quantity!
We also tried the Osteria at lunch time - very busy and fun, but again seasoning could have been adjusted to improve our salads.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

On arrival we found people queuing outside to get a table (possibly due to the Italy v Scotland rugby match) but it turned out they were all waiting for tables at the downstairs pizzeria. Bad mistake because the restaurant upstairs was wonderful. Lovely informal service with good quality trattoria food.

The slow cooked shin of pork in Chianti melted in the mouth. The wine list was varied and detailed . The only slight disappointment was my wife's Chinese style steamed salmon, which was a little overcooked. Overall a good night

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Every Sunday we always have coffee and cake in this place but one Saturday afternoon we were craving for thier cakes and we've decided to have an aperitivo but while we were about to have a sit the very rude waiter told us we should change table coz he has to clean it he should have ask nicely but he didn't very rude... its a pity having a place that is so accomodating with good food and drinks but having a waiter that is very rude and dont know how to treat well clients... wish the management would remund him that " The customers are always welcome for them to come back but one should always have a smile and the right manner to treat one as well