“Best Spaghetti alla vongloe”

Giggetto al portico d'Ottavia
Ranked #4,157 of 12,165 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Ghetto
Elmira, New York
“Best Spaghetti alla vongloe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Been before but not only were the carcofi excellent but the spaghetti alla vongole was so spectacular I didn't want it to end. No surprise not an empty table.

• Visited April 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
“Best Bucatini all' Amatriciana!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant in the Jewish Ghetto district was recommended to us for their fried artichokes. We had those, and they were good, but I am a pasta lover. I ordered the Bucatini all' Amatriciana, which is a hollow pasta with a tomato sauce with chili and pancetta, liberally dusted with Pecorino Romano cheese. It was the BEST pasta I have ever eaten in my life! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Rome.

3 Thank Laurie Y
Dublin, Ireland
“Surprised by negative reviews - lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We dined away a rainy afternoon, sitting at one of the few dry seats outside Giggetto, watching the world scuttle past in the showers.

The service is old school and attentive (the waiter made sure to check all was ok when we decided we weren't brave enough to finish the sweetbreads!). I thought the menu was extensive, the artichokes absolutely fantastic, the pasta delicious and it was full of locals enjoying their Sunday lunch. I'm surprised at the negative reviews on here - we certainly didn't experience any such negativity (and we'd gone up market the night before and still really enjoyed this).

• Visited March 2014
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“Yummmmm!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was probably the best meal we had in Rome. So glad we came here. To start I had the courgette flowers stuffed with mozzarella and anchovies and deep fried. My husband had the deep fried artichoke. We followed this with a plate of fava beans, artichokes etc, fabulous flavours, waiters recommendation, also a dish of lambs sweetbreads, artichoke, mushrooms and courgettes, wine and coffee. We couldn't manage a dessert.
Good service, friendly staff.

• Visited March 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Delicious Traditional Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Was nearly put off by the negative reviews on here but my partner had good memories of this place 18 years ago so we came anyway and am so glad we did!
The staff were very friendly despite being very busy. I started with the signature dish of deep fried artichoke which was delicious and had the lamb sweetbreads with a side of chicory & chilies as a main. There were plenty of vegetarian options available, the deep fried mozzarella going down particularly well with our youngest son. Without any prompting the sweet trolley was introduced with various cheesecakes, strudels etc. The chocolate ricotta cake was wonderful.
Good selection of wines and beers and a great atmosphere; at the end of the day this place was packed with locals and tourists on a Wednesday evening so probably doesn't need great trip advisor reviews to survive!

Visited April 2014