“Classic Harry’s”

Ranked #2,824 of 14,249 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ludovisi
Description: The iconic Harry's Bar Rome, the unique place that evokes the "Dolce Vita" as if it was a frame taken from the famous film, creating a vivid flashback to the golden age of Via Veneto, when Frank Sinatra sang at the piano and all the stars showed off in this bar/restaurant full of glamour and style. As in the roaring sixties, you can still drink an aperitif, enjoy the live piano bar every evening and dive into the magic of Via Veneto from the exclusive and fascinating Harry's Bar. The refined cuisine recalls the freshness of Mediterranean flavours based on prime ingredients. Tradition and fantasy inspire the elegant dishes of the menu, accompanied by the most prestigious labels and a high class service.
Reviewed 19 February 2024 via mobile

We enjoy Harry’s in a number of venues, and have been here a number of times over the last 20 years. Great classic bar! We went on Valentine’s Day, and were pleased there was no “special menu” jack-up nonsense for Valentine’s. They did have an excellent cabaret singer which made it special. The food and service were excellent! And the cocktails were more reasonable than what they are charging at the hotels around the Via Veneto. A very nice romantic evening!

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 12 February 2024 via mobile

Excellent friendly service from meet and greet to departure. The food was impeccable and perfectly prepared and accompanied by delightful live entertainment.

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 29 January 2024 via mobile

€32 for 4 cappuccinos. We couldn't believe how extortionate the prices were.
Please read the menul & price list before setting down unlike we did !!

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 25 January 2024 via mobile

We went for cocktails and stayed for a glass of wine with a sharing plate of meats and cheese. Value for money it is not, but the drinks, food and service were all good. Be prepared for a large bill!

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 11 December 2023

The WORST service. The waiter was so rude, belligerent and arrogant from the start. I think his name was SAMMY. It was my first time going to a Harry's Bar and was so looking forward to going with my mom and had planned it for months before, so after being talked down to (where I was politely asking a question about something on the menu), talked to in a hostile manner and made to feel like we weren't good enough for the place, it made me so embarrassed to have taken my 74 year old mom there, I turned beet red and started crying. I was really surprised they were so snobby the way they were. I know we should of left after our drink order which was Ok I guess and I had no help from the waiter on what he suggest since I thought they were known for their drinks (I felt like I was bothering him about it and he suggested a moscow mule and was ready to write it down but I was like WAIT A MINUTE! I ordered a Tom Collins instead and my mom ordered a caipirinha), BUT I felt like if we left, they would win lol, plus I was determined that he not ruin our evening after I'd plan for us to go AND we walked all the way there and were hungry. SO we persevered because he was only 1 man and we both spoke up and my mom shushed him lol and I snapped my fingers at him which I've NEVER done in my life to anybody but we were trying to show him who was boss. It really shouldn't of come down to that though. I still felt sick in the pit of my stomach when I did it and he complied but was angry about it lol. This should of been a fun night in Rome enjoying a meal with my mom but no. Unfortunately it was an experience I did learn from by speaking up but never want to experience again. He even said we weren't allowed to share a salad (which he said was small but was really big) and were going to charge us for sharing! I've never heard of such a thing but my mom ordered it anyways and we made sure when we ate it to share it right in front of him haha! They didn't charge us, surprisingly! The food was OK but very overpriced which I expected and the interior was very dated. The waiter was so pissed at us that he switched with another who was WAY more nicer and I feel like he knew that Sammy was being really rude to us from the start. He suggested the apple desert which was really good. I've eaten at the most expensive restaurants from Beverly Hills to Madrid Spain at Botin, the oldest restaurant in the world (who were SO kind and was such an amazing experience) and have ALWAYS been treated with the utmost kindness and best service at these places, so I was pretty SHOCKED to experience this for the first time in my life. Also at the end of the night, the maître d was looming over our table trying to intimidate my mom to tip them which was another thing that angered me and was so unprofessional. We also complained to the maître d about SAMMY the waiter and he apologized for him but who knows if he was going to do anything about it, which apparently now I see we're not the only ones who unfortunately experienced bad service from this place. Yes we should of just walked out after drinks but at the time I just didn't want to make a scene and I thought honestly it was all in my head because I couldn't believe people would treat their customers like this in such a "fancy" place. I guess I was naïve. My mom was ready to walk out lol. I'm kind of proud we stuck it out though. After they changed waiters of us, we were able to relax a bit more too, was able to finally laugh and tried to enjoy the rest of the evening. I really wish I read the negative reviews though beforehand but I guess now we have a story to tell and we'll NEVER be eating at ANY Harry's Bars ever again!!!!

Date of visit: November 2023