“Fantastic Apartment & equally Fantastic Host!”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge Lounge
Bathroom
Shower
Bathroom
From the balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
runasahad
Bengaluru, India
“Fantastic Apartment & equally Fantastic Host!”
Reviewed 6 June 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We stayed in Fredreico’s apartment for 4 days & the place is fabulous! The best part of the location was that it was not in a touristy locality however most conveniently connected - the tram stop just below the apartment takes you right to the centre of all the tourist spots. Also some excellent eating joints , takeaways & restaurants located within 100 meters of the apartment. The apartment is large airy and extremely airy and well appointed with a stocked kitchen - here I must mention about the host - he took special care to not only stock the kitchen with tea coffee etc but graciously put cookies , bread , biscuits, juice & milk along with with butter marmalade etc etc. so we were stocked very well not only for the next day but also for full 3 days!!! We were touched !!
As we reached on Sunday he graciously bought us a Roma pass for public transport as well - which I found was really a gracious gesture ! He. Received us when we arrived & also did see us off - all information were made available with maps in a folder to us - it was that organized !!
Always available for any query or help - Fredreico was Simply Fabtastic!!!
I may be failing to mention some stuff here but he is amazing !! I would love to go back to Rome once again & stay here !!
Highly recommended for your stay in Rome!!

Cheers
Runa

8 Jun 2018
Runa, Dip and their little princess have been wonderful guests. They prepared with great precision their arrival and communicated in advance to make sure all was needed was there. The house has been left in perfect conditions, clean and with everything in order. One cannot ask for more.... Sincerely hope to see them again-
EJwebb
Hampshire, England
“Fabulous apartment, fantastic host!”
Reviewed 29 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We absolutely loved our stay at Kandinsky House. The apartment is fabulous - large, airy and spacious and fully equipped for our family of 5 (adults). The decor is quirky and fun, yet practical and immaculately clean. The location is perfect, far from the crowds, yet a simple 15 -20 minute tram ride (no 8) which runs from early morning to midnight to all the major tourist attractions. It is also close to Trastevere, which we found to be a wonderful, lively, non-touristy place to stop off in the evenings to eat/drink and wander the pretty streets with a gelato. As others have mentioned, Federico is such a fantastic and charming host! Communication was excellent from first contact when booking and throughout our trip ( knowing we could contact via WhatsApp during our stay if we needed to was very reassuring) and he met us at the apartment and saw us off at check out. He arranged worry free transfers to/from the airport/train station and provided us with all the information we needed for a stress free stay in Rome. There is a folder in the apartment that he has taken time to compile, packed full of advice/information- we took photos of his transport maps and recommendations and referred to them often when out and about! He also provided us with a welcome starter pack of milk/juice and breakfast provisions and some tram tickets for our first journey, which was incredibly kind and thoughtful. Rome is a wonderful city, our only regret is not having longer there, but we very much hope to return soon and would not hesitate to stay at this lovely apartment again. Thank you Federico from us all.

8 Jun 2018
I start to believe that I am lucky... I continue to host fantastic people. Mark and his family have been perfect guests. Nice communications before and during their stay. Needless to say that everything was in order when they left and the house was left perhaps even cleaner than on arrival. Hope to be able to see them again either in Roma or in the UK.
FrequentF...
“Far exceeded lure pections!”
Reviewed 29 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Fredrico is the epitome of a caring and sincere host. He went out of his way to make sure our arrival went smoothly. He was extremely clear and thorough with our details instructions about the apartment and all to do in Roma and the surrounding areas.
When I booked this apt I thought the location might be out of the way but I was very wrong. The location is superb. Not ON the Spanish steps but only a hop skip and a jump from everywhere you’ll want to be.
The apt was extremely clean and comfortable.
I have been in the vacation rental home business for 30 years and Fredrico has opened my eyes to how much more I can give to my guests...thank you

29 Apr 2018
Catherine, I'm happy that a "vacation home" professional has found my place comfortable... My multiyear experience in managing business much more complicated has helped me to be prepared to meet guest's expectations. I must say that I have also got benefits and useful suggestions and comments from your stay. Let's hope that we can meet again. Thanks and best regards
Jara67
Calgary, Canada
“Great Family apartment”
Reviewed 11 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Stayed at the apartment for 5 nights. Federico the owner was helpful in making our check in and check out process smooth. He arranged a reasonably priced car for us from the airport which was very convenient.The apartment is clean, bright, good location - close to tram and buses. It's about a 15 min tram ride to the Center. He was kind enough to provide us with our first set of complimentary tram tickets along with loaf of bread, jams, tea and biscuits. Had a wonderful stay.

29 Apr 2018
I read a fully satisfactory review ...Many thanks. It would be useful to understand what should be improved as the overall rating is 4 stars while the writing looks a 5 stars.... Comments and suggestions are welcome ...they would be used to improve the quality of the offer for future guests.
Many thanks.
Geowd
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Extraordinarily friendly and helpful host”
Reviewed 8 April 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Very comfortable accommodation closer to centre of Rome than we expected. Well-suited to a family. But what made our short stay (for us) so comfortable was the trouble the owner, Federico G, went to not only to give us clear directions for travel and booking a restaurant for us, but also rearranging collection from the airport when we arrived on a later than expected plane. There seemed no end to the trouble he was prepared to take, which made so much difference to our stay. Thank you so much Federico!

9 Apr 2018
It was a pleasure hosting your lovely family and being able to sort out the problems that sometimes plague the voyages....I sincerely hope to be able to host you again....perhaps for a longer stay.
Brian b
“Apartment in Rome”
Reviewed 14 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Owner was very helpful and apartment was very clean and over sufficient for all our needs.I will book again when in Rome

1 Mar 2018
Brian and his family have been nice guests. Contacts have been limited before and during the stay... however everything went smoothly. House left basically in order. Happy to host them again in Roma.
rainbowl4...
Santa Clara, California
“Warm apt, perfect location and perfect host.”
Reviewed 10 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

Federico made our first stop of our EU so memorable. I wish it was our stop to make our trip even more perfect. First off, the location was ideal. This was our first Rome trip so we do not need to stay in the midst of tourist areas; and this location is so easily accessible to the downtown area; but still provide us with an opportunity to mingle in coffee shops and tobacconists frequent by locals. It gave us independence from a typical hotel experience. The unit is supplied with everything we would need: bread, toasts, coffee, jam/butter, milk/juice, tour books, maps, washer, microwave, oven, coffee maker, you name it. This is of course offered by the wonderful Federico. He thought of everything a traveler will need! Because we flew in late (after midnight); he arranged for transport from the airport; he stayed up to meet us at the apt; gave us a good introduction of the apt and showed us the transit options. He even supplied us with 3 metro cards good for our first trip into downtown area the next day! It reduced our anxiety of having to find a tobacconist to get tickets - he thought of everything. Of course the tobacconist was only 1/2 block away but it is just Federico is SO considerate. He even gave us a really good restaurant recommendation when we went to our next stop - Venice!
Ok, back to the apt. It is bigger than a typical EU apartment! Two full sized (American concept) bedrooms (one of them is 2x the size of the other one). Even the smaller bedroom can fit at least 3 queen beds, with plenty of closet spaces. The bigger bedroom is SPACIOUS! Really, a decent typical American bedroom (looking back, by my estimate - 15 x 20 feet?). I love playing with the windows that tilt up to ventilate, but switch the handle and it can be opened fully. Main bedroom has a good size balcony that one can enjoy an espresso while people watch.
I think the apt is perfect for a family of 4 - we didn't feel cramped while staying there - just wish we stayed there longer to enjoy the local (not tourist) scene.
Above all, it's Federico! I wish I can take him home! He's so sweet and considerate. He will help you settle into your Roman trip. Stay there! Book now!

16 Nov 2017
I wish you could see my face blushing under my white beard ! Thanks for sharing in such a detailed way your experience in Rome. This will surely be of help to future guests. It has been a pleasure hosting you all and I'm happy that I was able to give some suggestions outside my turf... Needless to say, the house has been left in perfect order. I have the pictures ...so I can always see you in my place... Pity your stay was so short...I'm sure that you will return and it will be again a pleasure to see you all.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing