“great location”

Ranked #2,223 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Oakland, California
“great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2008

I stayed and Le Rose for 5 nights. My room was very spacious and the value is excellent if you're not sensitive to noise or strange smells. The walls are thin! It felt as if my neighbors were in my room, which for me was a huge bummer and unfortunately I had 5 sleep deprived nights. Street noise wasn't an issue however. My check-in with Bin was delightful. She was super sweet and gave me lots of great information. The building is literally just around the corner from the metro. I appreciated all of the fresh fruit that was left in my room daily and having free internet access. I felt safe walking at night in the neighborhood, and the building seems very secure.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2008

My husband and I stayed at Le Rose di Bin for 2 nights in Oct 08. What I was looking for in a B&B was a good location, an authentic Italian experience, and above all, a good value. Le Rose was all that and more. The room was humble but spacious and clean. We had an ensuite bathroom, and Bin said we could also use the larger bathroom down the hall--that was nice when we were in a hurry. We liked that the street noise was almost totally blocked when the windows were closed. I liked having free use of their computer and internet in the hallway--yes it was slow but one didn't have to waste time finding an internet cafe, etc. I liked having an elevator to take me to the third floor after a long day of walking around Rome. I liked that the room was secure behind 3 locked doors. I especially appreciated the friendliness of both Bin and her husband when we arrived. Yes, the breakfast was simpler than other places we had stayed in, but I didn't mind because Le Rose was such a good value.

• Liked — good value
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2008

we stayed at the B&B for 3 nights. The B&B is perfectly placed between Termini and the center of the town. Therefore you can simply walk to almost every highlight.
The room(s) are indeed very spacious and quiet (good windows!), although not very clean. Sadly there was no change of towels over the days, what felt a bit yucky. (ensuite room)
Bin Chen was charming and explained the basics about the B&B and Rome when we arrived. We haven't met her another day.

The second dissapointing fact was the breakfast. (Like other reviewers wrote earlier.) 2 bananas and apples together with some tartlets are no breakfast (but for romans?).
The electric kettle to brew hot water and make tea/coffee with, was ok, but without any real dishes (only plastic mugs and plates!!) a big dislike on holiday.

• Stayed October 2008
1 Thank two_reviewers
triprom1, proprietario at Le Rose di Bi B&B, responded to this review, 30 October 2008
Hello, I make present that: we give objects in plastic it uses and it throws like from rules on the B& B. The towels change every three days like rule, You to the third day have gone via, if you were the quarter you had the new towels. For the breakfast we always give yields, cakies, caffe, latte, tea. Hello thanks.
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2008

Despite the neighborhood seems not to be that charming or graceful, don't be apprehensive at first glance.
The owner, Bi Chen, speaks a limited English - in fact, some words. Nevertheless, she was receptive, attentive, kind and sweety friendly. Even with her few command of English, she got explain everything about Rome and its sights and its "dangerous". After this welcome you'll probably see her again at your departure, but she emphasizes her phone contacts in case of any trouble or issue.

Location is good. A few minutes from Termini Station and just 1 minute (or some steps) from the metro or tram stop. By the way, the metro line that stands there leaves you directly to Vatican (15 minutes). Also there are markets, drugstore and one of the first Rome ice-cream store, at Via Eugenio (don't miss it! - She will explain where it is anyway).

The room we were given was large, confortable and tidy. Perfect for some days off in the Eternal City. You'll have a private toillet/bathroom.
There's only Italian channels on TV but I can count how many times we turned it on.

She provides some breakfast, but we didn't got it any day. Usually you'll have some fruits (peach, apple or banana), toasts and jam.

Rose di Bi has also free Internet access.

We really enjoyed our days there!

Ps.: take a look at the lift and get it if you can!

• Liked — Location, Room, Staff
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2008

My husband and I were in a distraught state on arrival at the B&B - we had been the victim of a pick-pocket within half an hour of arrival in Rome. The owner of the B&B came to our rescue in many ways. She helped us get through the initial shock, and steadied us with tea and sympathy. This was followed by many hours of providing all the help she could . She was an angel.

We stayed three nights in our room with ensuite, which was very quiet, clean and comfortable. Three locks between us and the street made us feel very secure.

We will never forget her kindness and willingness to go far above and beyond expectations.
Thank you so much BC.
Judy&Harry

• Liked — Felt safe there
  • Disliked — Breakfast offered was unusual - instead of cereal and perhaps toast, we had jam tarts and bananas
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
vickye
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2008

We spent 4 nights at Le Rose di Bi booked via The Beehive / Cross Polinate, and I was very impressed.

We arrived at Termini station on the bus from the airport and walked the few blocks from there. As others have mentioned, the b+b is in an apartment block in a more residential neighbourhood so you do very much feel like a local rather than a tourist. We were met by Bin who gave us a very enthusiastic tour of the apartment and several maps (which proved to be better than the maps in the guidebooks) suggestions on where to go and nearby amenities. English isn't her first, or probably even second language, but she gets her point across anyhow!

Our room was very spacious and immaculately clean, with tv, fridge, kettle, table and chairs and very effective air con (which in Rome in summer you will want!) Bin laid out breakfast items for us and topped them up during the day - tea, coffee, bananas, toasts, jam, chocolate spread, crostatines (italian jam tarts) and things a bit like doughnuts with cream inside (yummy but not so healthy!) I can see how other people may feel breakfast is a bit lacking, but I liked all the things put out for us and trying things I might not have tried otherwise. Eating in your room at whatever time you felt like too is a bonus.

I think there are two other rooms in the apartment, although we had the place to ourselves the whole time we were there, which again made the place feel more like a private apartment than a b+b or hotel. There's a small computer in the hallway with an internet connection, though it's unbearably slow.

The location is great too - the nearest subway stop is litterally around the corner, it's an easy walk to Termini and within (sometimes lengthy) walking distance of most things in the city. There's a daily fruit and veg market at the other end of the street too and shops on the street to get drinks and snacks too.

I really enjoyed staying at Le Rose di Bi and would certainly return if I'm ever in Rome again.

• Liked — The excellent level of cleanliness, the air con, the feeling of staying in a private apartment
  • Disliked — Slow internet connection - that's about it
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2008

Bin Chen and her husband Patrizio went above and beyond to help us get situated when we arrived into Rome after midnight. The room was very, very immaculate and comfortable. Breakfast was laid out for us before bedtime so we could rise at any time and eat in our room. The air conditioning and other appliances worked well. Internet was available. Bin Chen recommended places to eat and where to find the best gelato. I would stay here again!!!

• Liked — Location for getting around, cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple