Casa de'Fiori
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
Good 3.5/5
Hotel Lunetta(Rome)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Teatro di Pompeo(Rome)
Average 3/5
  • Fitness centre
  • Free Internet
All reviewsno elevatorpiazza navonagreat locationb btaxi companyrecommend casarestaurant downstairsexpensive hotelheart of romejewish ghettoyogurtairport shuttlenice breakfastlate checkwithin walking distancelate at nightwater pressure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Very nice apartment for the four of us, close to Piazza Navona. Its important to know that there is only someone at the apartments from 7:30 am - 2:00 pm. If you arrive later you are stuck, locked outside, unless you work it out with them first. We were told our fridge would stay stocked but we had a couple of oranges and apples and waters when we arrived and it was never restocked. Cleaned nicely but with spider webs on the ceiling. Two towels were ripped. For the money it was worth it. Nice location and decent size.

1  Thank Dorie D
Reviewed 18 February 2013

If you can manage a hotel without an elevator and want to be located within reasonable distance of some of the main attractions, not to mention the action of Campo d'Fiori, then this is a great hotel. I booked this hotel based on online reviews and had some trepidations regarding the stairs only situation given that my mother doesn't get up and down stairs as easily as she used to, but Martina at the front desk helped get her bag up to the 2nd floor (which would be the 3rd floor in the US), so that helped with the biggest challenge of the situation.

The room itself was very large by European standards and quite comfortable. The bathroom was also nice, and as a bonus there was satellite television in the room that with the press of the "i" button on the remote would change the language from dubbed Italian back to English, which was welcome after 2 weeks on a cruise ship where English was rarely spoken.

I chose this hotel for the location and enjoyed being right off the Campo with its morning market of fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, and a few tourist centered booths selling olive oils and liquor. The abundance of restaurants and food options were also appreciated.

The night life in this area seems to be quite active as well, and there are apparently quite a few clubs, which could be a selling point for some, although it can mean increased noise levels at night for light sleepers. I didn't really notice the noise, although my Mom had mentioned on one of the nights that she heard a lot of activity outside, and on another I noticed from the bathroom window at 3AM Sunday morning that some revelers seemed to still be going strong. Overall though, we weren't impacted but it might be something for those who are very light sleepers to consider, especially if they are going to be staying over a weekend.

Also of note, the front desk (located on floor 1, AKA floor 2 in the US) is not open 24 hours. Since the front door is locked and can only be opened with a guestroom key, this fact is not of concern from a security stand point, but something that should probably be addressed with them before booking this hotel if you are going to be arriving in the middle of the night.

As a general note on traveling in a non English speaking country- it is nice having a hotel in a location or street that every cab driver knows and Campo d'Fiori is definitely one of those locations.

I would stay in the hotel again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We really enjoyed this hotel-the service and staff are great-rooms very clean and nice; bathrooms all updated and nice. Breakfast simple but good. Nice sitting room. there is no lift and 3 floors so that is only consideration. They do help with luggage. Location is central and perfect for access and walking. A great value.

Room Tip: Try for floor #1 if free
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank afornari
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I lived in Rome for four years and know the city well. One of my favorite places in Rome has always been Campo dei Fiori. When I return to visit, I always want to book a hotel near it. Not only does Casa de-Fiori look out onto the Campo from a quiet little piazza about 40 steps away from the activity, but it is a gem.

I cannot stress enough how perfect this location is. A 30 second walk to the Campo, a two-to-three minute walk to Piazza Navona and another couple minutes to the Pantheon. It is about equidistant from the Colosseum, St Peter's, the Spanish Steps, and Trastevere.

The entire hotel was perfectly clean. The room we had was large and the bed comfortable. The bathroom far larger than most. The shower had good water pressure. The breakfast was more than adequate. The price was far less than one would expect from a good-quality hotel so centrally located.

The staff we more than accommodating. I lost my wallet somewhere between the airport and the hotel. I didn't know what taxi company we used. The woman at check-in spent the morning calling every taxi company in the city to see if my wallet had been found. (As it turns out, I found it later in an alley outside the hotel. I must have dropped it coming out of the taxi. It was missing all the cash, but everything else was in tact.) The efforts of the staff person was not only beyond the call of duty, but she did it with great enthusiasm and reported back to me every time she saw me. We were so appreciative we bought her some pasties from the pasticeria around the corner, which thrilled her. (By the way, that bakery is one of the best in the city.)

If you want luxury, this is not the place. But, it isn't anywhere near close to slumming it. It is a very fine quality, small, mid-range hotel. I will book every one of my stays in it whenever I return to Roma.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChristopherAndKen
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Great location to see the rest of Rome from and a really pleasant place to stay. Right next to Campo De Fiori but just far away enough. Breakfast was good. The place was clean and the staff friendly and accommodating. The Entoteca next door was also really nice with really friendly staff and some great wine.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family