All reviewsvia urbanaboutique hotelblue roommonti neighborhoodmalin and goetzbroccolettitea and biscuitsscrambled eggs and baconquiet streetsmall balconywithin walking distancelovely boutiquebreakfast was delicioustop floorsmall hoteldinner reservationsbeautiful hotel
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Everyone at this hotel is genuinely committed to making you stay memorable. I just found everything was done with such a relaxed ease that you couldn't find fault. The rooms were beautifully appointed and extremely quiet. The small number of guests meant that it still has atmosphere but the staff all had the opportunity to genuinely engage.

The neighbourhood is great and within a short walk to the Forum and Termini, amongst others. We loved the bars and restaurants in the area and found ourselves sitting in one of the local squares having an evening drink with the locals on more than one occasion. I just couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough if you like something with a bit of style and personality coupled with a decent breakfast too.

Room Tip: They seemed to all be good.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SMG2009
The15KeysHotel, Front Office Agent at The Fifteen Keys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear SMG2009,
Thank you for finding the time to share your experience at The Fifteen Keys Hotel here on TripAdvisor!
Let us be honest with you: we have written several answers to your review, but no one was good enough to show our gratitude for your lovely words.
It is so impressive when we succeed in managing our guests to feel the positive attitude and the passion we put in every single detail to make their stay unforgettable: let us thank you for your nice words about the hotel atmosphere, the silence and the outstanding design of our rooms and common areas.
Amazing to understand that our Staff did such a fantastic job: our main goal is to let our Guests feel themselves like at home, always at the centre of our focus.
Good to know your positive reaction regarding our convenient location: our lively district, Rione Monti, is a great option since it is really close – within a nice walk – to some of Rome’s best sights and to Termini Station.
Finally, let us thank you for your kind recommendation.
Really looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We used the Fifteen Keys as our base to tour around Italy and it really did feel like our home away from home. We loved the location--the neighborhood is quiet but close to the Termini railroad station and walking distance from many attractions. Also very close to some wonderful restaurants.
The hotel is very clean and well-appointed. All the spaces are modern and feel open, not overwhelmed with drapes and antiques like in other places we stayed. The breakfast was very good--many selections and high quality. I ate the delicious bread every morning, something I never do at home.
The best quality about the Fifteen Keys, though, is the people. Everyone who works there is extremely friendly and goes out of their way to help you. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble. Concierge desks at five-star hotels could learn from Antonio, Giulia, Simone, and Serena. And the warm and efficient woman at breakfast whose name I can't remember. I always felt like a welcome friend. Antonio told us that he likes to come to work each day because the staff is more like a family than a group of co-workers and it shows.
I would highly recommend the Fifteen Keys.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank maryc93_10

Dear maryc93_10,

Thank you for choosing The Fifteen Keys for your last stay in the Eternal City.

It is stunning to read such a great review like yours: it means that we not only succeeded in meeting all your needs, but we did even more, becoming your “home away from home”. Home is where the heart is and, according to your words, you have left a bit of yours here with us.

Lovely your mention to our great neighbourhood: Rione Monti offers great opportunities since there are several good restaurants, cocktail bars and, last but least, it is really close to Rome’s main sights and well connected with the rest of the city, with two different underground stops nearby.

Nice to read your overall great feeling about us: from the design, to the cleanness of our rooms and common areas to our terrific breakfast with its delicious bread and our waitress Ionela, always at our Guests disposal for a good cup of Italian coffee.

Let us thank you for your warm words about our Staff: we always give our very best to let our Guests to feel welcome, like a friend or a relative. We love our job and the family atmosphere Antonio told you in one of our nice daily chat :-) .
Looking forward to welcoming you soon in the Eternal City!

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I stayed at The Fifteen Keys in August of 2016.

When I arrived before noon, my room was not ready (official check-in is in the afternoon), but the staff was very accommodating and helped me store my bags and allowed me to use the facilities to change in preparation for my outing later in the day.

The property feels more like a townhouse than a hotel. I felt welcomed like I was visiting someone's home. Because there are only 15 rooms, the flow of people in and out of the hotel is scattered and you often feel like you have the place for yourself. Location in the Monte district is centrally located and allows you to access most attractions within a 30-minute walk or short taxi ride.

I chose the Deluxe Blue Room (small balcony, no terrace) and it was very spacious with a large bed, plenty of closet space, desk and small chair. The bed was pretty firm but I slept well. There was hardly any noise from the street. Bathroom is large and they provide Malin and Goetz toiletries. The elevator is typical of many European hotels (very small) but all the rooms are easily accessible without it.

Breakfast is sufficient and the service is terrific. You can eat inside the small but well laid out dining area or in the patio. Dining options are limited given the size of the hotel but there are many restaurants in the Monte area to sample.

I found the staff very friendly and accommodating and they will help you with anything you need. I arranged two private transfers through them (very reasonable prices) and it worked out extremely well.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at The Fifteen Keys and look forward to a return visit next time in Rome.

Room Tip: I recommend the Deluxe Blue Room.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank omegamoon2000
The15KeysHotel, Front Office Agent at The Fifteen Keys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear omegamoon2000,

Great to feel your enthusiasm about our property even after one year : We take care after our Guests and all their needs as they are part of our family, and we are happy you’ve felt it.

We are happy that you found our Deluxe Blue Room a good solution for your stay: decent size, great bed and all the space needed for relaxing or doing some work. Let us thank you for underlining our bathroom amenities: taking care of our Guests means choosing the best for them, and Malin & Goetz it’s the cherry on top for us!

Lovely to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and its terrific service. Our courtyard is a real gem and, it is even a great option for having a couple of our cocktails.

Finally, let us thank you for appreciating our Staff work: we definitely know where to go for a great meal - we have personally tried all of the restaurant we suggest  -

Really looking forward to welcoming you soon in Rome!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

My wife and I stayed here for four nights in October. I will repeat a lot of the praise already stated on TA. The staff is warm, welcoming and well-informed. The breakfast is very good and though it was too cool to have breakfast outside, it was a great place for an afternoon coffee. The public spaces are beautiful. The rooms are tasteful though some are oddly shaped with a long hall to the washroom. The bathroom is spacious and the rain shower is great with lots of hot water. The room decor is understated and tasteful but a couple of pictures in the bedroom would be welcome. The bare walls are a bit too minimalist for me. We had a front facing room on the third floor and with the window closed it was really quiet in the room. The neighbourhood is "transitional" in a good way and we were very happy to go to local restaurants with locals and not just other tourists. I'm happy to recommend the Fifteen Keys and would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear cheffip,
Thank you for choosing The Fifteen Keys Hotel for your recent stay in Rome.

It’s never boring to read great words about us and, once more, we are happy to thank you for your time in Rome with us.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our lovey patio and its charming style for your afternoon coffee and the peace of our property: it’s nice to know that guests can relax in our public spaces and in their rooms, after a long day spent walking on the streets of the Eternal City.

Thank you for sharing your decor point of view, we always appreciate new suggestions

We are happy to read that you have appreciated our young and dynamic neighbourhood: when in Rome, do like the Romans, right? That's why we only recommend restaurants or activities that we would do, not just touristic ones.

Finally, thank you very much for recommending our property, it means a lot!

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Front Office

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

This property is gorgeous. There’s zero denying it. The rooms are all simply but stylishly designed and the staff are always smiling and happy to help. My review would have been 5* if it wasn’t for my actual room. I was in Room 0 which was just above the lobby. Because it’s a big old building, the sound-proofing isn’t great. I heard the door slam multiple times (I think there’s an issue with it closing properly at the moment) throughout the night, the morning cleaner having a chat at 5:30am with the receptionist, people coming up and down the stairs outside my room early and late as it’s right next to the staircase. I am a fairly light sleeper and I did ask if I could move on the first day but was told there was no other of my room type available. So I purchased earplugs and tried to make the best of it. I would definitely return but not as a solo traveler as I’d want a higher floor room away from the stairs. The breakfast was excellent and helped me start the day in a healthy way with fresh smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and fruit. The neighbourhood is also excellent - 10 minutes to Termini to get the metro or a 15 minute walk down to the Colosseum. Lots of buzzy restaurants, little shops and cafés.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear bexiboo09,
Thank you for choosing The Fifteen Keys Hotel for your recent stay in Rome.

It's always great to read nice words like yours about our property, the whole smiling team and the healthy breakfast we serve every morning fully aware of how important is.

Regarding your mentioning the noise from the lobby, we do apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced and we are deeply sorry that our room 0 did not fully meet your expectations: although we are an historical building located in a central area like Rione Monti is, the tranquillity and silence of the rooms is one of our peculiarities.

Unfortunately during your stay we had several early departures, and we may have made more noise than usual, and we are truly regretful for that.

We are glad to read that despite this issue you will be happy to return again: we would be pleased to welcome you again, alone (we have Single Light Rooms on higher floors ) or with a friend, and have the opportunity to show you all the rooms we have.

Finally, we appreciate your mention to our beloved Rione Monti and its traits.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!