“Great little hotel - one of the best of our 6 weeks in Europe”
Review of Hotel Re di Roma

Hotel Re di Roma
Ranked #158 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Located only 2 (or 3 I can't remember) stops from the main station in Rome - really quick train trip and the metro is just at the end of the street from Re Di Roma.
Absolutely spotless hotel...like new..clean..modern....great little bar and sitting area as you walk in..breakfast was awesome it even had little mini nutellas, selection of breads, biscuits in wrapping, ham, cheese, cereal, juice etc etc....the room was spotless with a good sized balcony...spotless bathroom. It was like it was brand new. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, next time I visit Rome we will definitely stay here. Who ever was on reception was always helpful in providing information also. Loved it! Good little restaurants near by too!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank worldwinelover22
There are newer reviews for Hotel Re di Roma

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is a very well-located and spotlessly clean hotel. I have stayed there with two of my granddaughters on different trips and found it a very good value. The Metro entrance is just down the street and with a weekly Metro pass you can take the subway and buses nearly anywhere in Rome. The owners/managers are extremely attentive to their guests to ensure they have an enjoyable experience. Additionally there is a fine European breakfast including meat and cheese and the breakfast buffet is kept fully replenished during service. This is the hotel I stay at when in Rome.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Traveling_Nonna21042
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Friendly and helpful staff ; location near Metro; little balcony was nice; a/c worked fine; breakfast adequate; slippers in Room nice touch; elevator worked well; solid 3 *** hotel

Ice machine would be nice.

Allan S.
Toronto

Room Tip: ask for room with a wra around balcony if you'll have balcony time
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I wish I could give this hotel 5 stars. Really, it's not their fault-- while we were there, Rome's metro was undergoing some construction, causing the line that takes you to the Re di Roma metro stop (which is very close to the hotel) to be closed after 9 pm each night. Considering Romans don't even start dinner until 8 pm or later, this made it tough for us to get back. There is a replacement bus route, which we rode one night, but we were sooooo cramped (literally couldn't move or breathe) with the amount of people on the bus I nearly had a panic attack and vowed not to do that again.

The hotel itself is really nice and clean, and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was pretty good, though not the best we had. The walls were kind of thin though-- my husband complained of getting woken up by our neighbor watching soccer at 3 a.m. one night.

Rome is so big you can't really get a hotel that's close to everything, but this one felt too far from anything. If I had it to do over, I would pay a little more and get something closer to at least a couple of attractions. At least that way if the metro quits on you or something, you can walk back instead of feeling stranded like we did.

In a pinch, I would stay again, but I think I would research other options first, and I would definitely check to see what the metro's construction schedule is.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We were there in October'10, we chose this hotel with the help of reviews in tripadvisor. It was really a great choise, the hotel was fantastic, very clean and smart and the bathroom was wonderfull :) , the location was perfect and most importantly the staff was very friendly and polite. Metro station is just round the corner, the breakfast was not excellent but better than most of the similar hotels. I will visit Hotel Re Di Roma, if I will have a chance to go Rome again..

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Burcusipal
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Near Re di Roma metro station, good neighborhood, very clean rooms, small breakfast, efficient staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caco2011
Reviewed 21 June 2011

All the reviews on here are spot on -
the good: friendliest staff EVER, clean, comfortable, near metro, fairly priced, great fast free wifi;
and the bad: so so breakfast, not in the heart of Rome, thin floors/ceilings -
but the real reason to stay here is its location.

Rome is too big to stay near every tourist thing, if your goal is to stay in the heart of Rome you're going to have to choose a "heart" and still do public transport. The Re Di Roma Hotel is not in the heart of Rome but will get you there quickly because of its proximity to the metro. The reason this hotel is most excellent is because it's not in a tourist area! It was by far our favorite hotel during a 3 week trip around Italy. Ask the hotel for restaurant recommendations. Everywhere they sent us was the best food we had in our travels. They were little neighborhood restaurants run by families that couldn't do enough to please us. The folks at these restaurants didn't speak English but we communicated just fine. The prices were so much more reasonable than any of the restaurants we went to near the tourist spots. Also, the shops and bars around the hotel: people don't speak English but can't do enough to help you. It's a neighborhood where the up and comers live so it's safe and there's no riff raff. The staff in the hotel can't help you enough. One night we were going out and the front desk clerk said it looked like rain and gave me an umbrella to borrow.

The negatives. You're not going to find a big American breakfast anywhere in Italy that I know of but the continental fair they offer will get you to lunch. So the only negative that's really worthy of mention is the thin ceilings/floors. First of all, don't be a dummy like us. The hallway noise is also an issue but they've provided a second door that blocks it out if you're smart enough to close it (I plead jet lag dumbness-we figured it out our last night). As for the other noise issues, they really weren't a problem. It's not a riff raff kind of hotel. It was international travelers and business men and there wasn't a loud tv or loud talking problem. Just a few footsteps till whoever removed their shoes, a door closing, some water running. I travel with earplugs and didn't have to use them. Unless you are highly sensitive the noise problem will not effect you.

Pompi. Don't miss it. It's a dessert restaurant around the corner from the Re Di Roma Hotel. It's closed on Monday and open till 1:30 am other nights. Go there your first night in Rome because you'll want the option of going there every night. I don't like tiramisu but I loved this restaurants'. ps. They have several tiramisu flavors: traditional, strawberry (excellent), pistachio and hazelnut plus lots of other desserts.

Note: the Metro is having nighttime construction right now so it closes at 9:30 pm (except Sat night). At every A line metro stop you'll find a bus stop for the M1 or M2 buses. These buses follow the A line metro route so catch one of them to get back to the hotel. Don't forget to purchase your bus ticket in the metro station (same ticket as for the metro) because there isn't one at the bus stop and the bus driver doesn't sell tickets.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family