Room was amazing - clean, spacious, well decorated and comfortable. The location was literally a stone's throw away from Vatican city and St Peter's Cathedral. The place ticked all the boxes for us.
The only thing that stopped this being a 5/5 for us was the lack of a reception/someone to speak to in case of emergencies for example or just for some info during our stay. The place was a little tricky to find although luckily we google-mapped it before we arrived (look out for the Blue Ice shop downstairs). We couldn't get in as no one answered the bell. Two other guests who were staying there let us in. There was a sign on the door saying the manager had nipped out for 20 mins and will be back shortly. However the two ladies advised that he won't be back unless we ring him. We didn't want to switch on our phones as the roaming charges would cost us a bomb. We did try the phone in the reception area but it didn't work. Luckily, the manager returned not long after and we checked in fine. He also gave us some really good tips on where to go/sight-see, what buses to take, where to eat. Unfortunately that was pretty much all we saw of him - we did try and look out for him the next couple of days as we needed to check out really early in the morning. We had to leave a message with the maid - it would have been ideal if a taxi could be called for us (as other hotels/B & Bs usually would) but we had to sort that out ourselves.
Nevertheless the room itself and the location was perfect. Breakfast was delicious and our room was tidied everyday before we got back. Comfy bed and great air-conditioning. Genuinely one of the best rooms we've stayed in during our travels. Would definitely recommend notwithstanding lack of reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Ancient Romance” is a bed and breakfast located in the wonderful, historical and artistic area of the Vatican City, in the hearth of ancient Rome. It is just 50 metres far from San Pietro square and the Vatican Museums. Our B&B has just been renovated and it is situated in a splendid late-19th-century building, in via Ottaviano, on a quiet pedestrian precinct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Ancient Romance B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ancient Romance Bed And Breakfast
- Ancient Romance Hotel Rome