See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2015

The bedroom shown is beautiful. The bathroom is large, with a microscopic shower, literally 2 ft. by 2 ft.! There is a table against the wall in the small foyer, only 3 will fit to sit there. Packaged breakfast pastries, Juice in trig., coffee bar outside the room was nice. SO close to the Vatican, for a destination stay its a good choice. The walls are thin, so it was difficult to sleep, hearing people talking in their rooms. Our family had no place to sit around and be together was my only real disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

As the airconditioning simply doesn't work, don't go as you won't be able to sleep. Open the window, the noise from the street is LOUD. Complain about it the next morning and get no solution. Check out one day early and they are still trying to charge my credit card for the night we didn' stay. Summarised: to be avoided. We found a different hotel for the second night which was great and cost the same!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Geert M
Michele B, Proprietario at Ancient Romance B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear guest,

our air conditioning perfectly works and if you complained about it I cannot understand
how you could say we did not find any solution. You stayed one night, then complained
the next morning, when you left. How could we find a solution, even if what you are stating
is true...? I cannot understand it. As I cannot understand what "they are still trying to charge
the second night we did not sleep", means?
Anyway, I am very happy you found a better place at the same rate for your second night, that
we do not need to be paid from you, I can swear on it...

Regards,

Michele Bono

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My parter and I stayed for one night in Ancient Romance after missing our evening flight home. The value for money was brilliant, only a short walk from the Vatican (approx 5mins) the service was great, rooms were clean and tidy, breakfast was included. There's not much more you need for the price. Would defiantly recommend.for a shorts stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Close to St. Peter Basilica, 5 minutes of walk distance from metro station Ottaviano, Antient Romance seems to be the perfect place for spending few days in Rome. And now facts:
1/ Very friendly staff - they react on all your needs, they are very helpful.
2/ The room "Dolce Vita" - very clean, equipped with small refrigerator and TV. In the bathroom you can find hair dryer. Towels and bedclothes were changed in each second day.
3/Breakfast - typical continental (croissants with jam or nutella, juice, fruit salad). We asked after coming about corn flakes with milk and cheese and ham - we received these products every day. Breakfast you eat in the room, there is no space for dining room. We did not expect more, because it is B&B in Rome, not Hilton in Paris.
4/ A coffee machine and an electric kettle were available for guests.
5/ Radiators worked on evenings and on mornings. The temperature in the room was OK.
What should be better?
1/ The room needs a small refreshment, I hope, that it will be done before summer season,
2/ Ottaviano street is very noisy, so if you don't sleep well, you can hear trams and cars passing by. For me it was not an issue.
Generally I liked this B&B and I can recommend it for others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Andrzej67
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Great location Vatican City just meters away :)
However it's not a typical b&b it's more like student dorms all over the place
Breakfast was rubbish sandwich and packet stuff old croissants it was brought in your room you we had to go downstairs to the floor below us where the reception is and ask for it
The room we had was purple and not ancient at all very modern
It was a good value for money as we've got it last minute but if I had to pay the full price I would not
Also when we've got there we had to wait on the steps because receptionist was out with the note on the door
The guy who came there before us said he waited for 20 min and we waited for about 15 so image after a long journey was not nice

Also the annoying thing was That the couple on your floor next to our room came back late at night and were super noisy when we complained the reception guy which I believe is an owner said they know about the situation but they can't do anything like seriously you run it so do Sth about it he didn't even say sorry or offered a discount or nothing

Location is good though near the undergird and Vatican

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends