“Same Owner, Same Bag for 20 Euros Less Across the Street” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #131 of 424 Shopping in Rome
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Same Owner, Same Bag for 20 Euros Less Across the Street”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We bought a bag in this store for 89 Euros. As we left, we walked across the street and about 3 stores down to another shop. The same bag was for sale for 69 Euros. So, no big deal, we decided that the next day we would return the first one and purchase the bag for less at the other shop. Imagine our surprise when we walked into the less expensive shop and were greeted by the same sales lady who sold us the expensive bag about 15 hours before. After she confirmed the bags were identical, she refused to swap the bags, accept any return or in any way address the issue. Then the owner chimed in and began to loudly shout at us that it was the "governments fault because of taxes" (whatever that means). Bottom line, the owner and sales staff are selling identical merchandise with differential pricing literally in their owned shops located across the street from each other.

Visited March 2013
6 Thank chorncast

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice little shop.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were on the hunt for a pair of gloves and a wallet and as we did not want the "made in China" tourist trap experience, we came here. While a lady out the back worked away on a sewing machine we were joined by the sales lady to try out all the goodies.
In the end we left very pleased with a part of cashmere lined leather gloves and a calf skin wallet for around 70?.

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“great leather for a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

After checking out a few leather shops in Rome, I came across this store and found the PERFECT handbag for my Mother. My Mom loves the large hobo type of purses and prefers to have compartments inside.. That was hard to find, until I came across this store. The leather was soft/supple with zippered compartments inside, even a spot to hold a cell phone. The color was perfect, 2 toned (tan and brown) with 3 options to change the handle length of the handbag.

The woman who works at the shop was extremely helpful and patient as my best friend and I examined the purse..She was certain to point out that it was "Made in "Italy" - I even got a discount on the price :) When I return to Rome, I will definitely come back to this store.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Kelly M
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Leather and Suede in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

We went to Suede and Skin to purchase a purse my daughter had seen earlier in the year. The purse was no longer made but not a problem. The purse was manufactured for us and shipped along with a brief case to our home in the USA. The items were packed so well that not even the USPS could damage them. We plan to return to the store as there were several leather coats that caught our eye.

Visited October 2011
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best place to buy leather and suede!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2007

October 2007
After checking just about every leather shop in Rome I finally found a fantastic place run by a lovely lady who speaks perfect English! She was very helpful had the most beautiful leather and suede jackets and coats at great prices. There is a workshop on site so minor alterations can be done within 30 minutes if necessary! A lot of the flight crews from some of the US airlines shop there whenever they're in town, so it's very reliable! Well worth a look. Only five minutes from the Spanish Steps. A great choice!!!

9 Thank arabian_blonde