“EAT LIKE A ROMAN”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: This italian and familyrun restaurant is excellent and has been there for decades
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Most of the restaurants at Rome Ancient Centre are touristy. Their food is not bad but there is nothing to write home about.
Armando Al Pantheon, on the contrary, is patronized mostly by Italians. It is a genuine family-run trattoria.
The food is delicious. The pasta plates (primi piatti) cost around 13E and are a meal by themselves. If you are starving maybe you could start with an antipasti. The Bruschettas are wonderful (5E). The wine list is extensive and there are good options for 20E, but if you would like to splurge for 40E you will drink marvelous wine.
Reservations (Prenotazione) is mandatory.

1  Thank Murilo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,742)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I had a marvelous gnocchi dinner last week, along with a very nice bottle of pinot grigio. The food, vino, service were excellent for a worthwhile price.

1  Thank mcculloch1501
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a restaurant I have wanted to eat in for years. Finally I got the reservation and went there with my good friend from Norway. In short - the best meal I have had on Italian soil! Everything they serve you can eat anyplace in Rome. But it will never taste as good as in the good old Armand!

2  Thank Håvard T
Reviewed 28 June 2014

If you are looking for a very good dining experience near the Pantheon this is it. Very well prepared food, a wide ranging menu. The selection of appetizers is wonderful. We were a group of four and allowed the waiter to put together a selection of varied appetizers for us. It turned out to be a good call. With wine you can easily drop 75 euros a person here however. Wine list is pricey. Reservations can be made in advance via email and are essential.

1  Thank bluesonwhyte
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We could not be more pleased with the dinner we had at Armando's. Everything, from the decor, location, service, value, and mostly the food, was just what we had been hoping for.
Having been to Italy many times, I decided that while in Rome on this trip, I wanted to find a quintessentially delicious pasta carbonara. Armando's hit the spot with the carbonara, and also with appetizer, the lamb and chicken secundi piatti dishes and contorni my spouse and I ordered.
Our waiters were pleasant, informative, and efficient. The food was prepared perfectly and nicely plated. Though the servers would check in with is to see how things were, we never felt rushed,
The restaurant, although very popular (which means that you certainly should make reservations, which can be done on the restaurant's website) is not in any way pretentious. The only goal seems to be to assure that the customers were pleased, and with us, they more than achieved that goal.
Of our several meals in Rome on this trip and the many more on previous trips, Armando's clearly takes First Place.

3  Thank justjobe