“"Perfectly presented, Perfect Location, an amazing hotel!"”

Casa Montani - Luxury Guest House
Ranked #125 of 3,735 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Based at the Piazza del Popolo, this small boutique hotel has the perfect base to see the whole of Rome with all of the attractions in walking distance. The hotel is amazing, beautiful decor (gold skirting with blue & grey stripes!!), extremely luxurious and a perfect place to stay. Every detail has been considered from the breakfast delivered each morning to the hermes toiletries in the bathroom. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Nothing is too much trouble for the hotel owners who are on hand to give you advice, help you with restaurants and generally aid your stay. Would recommend this place to anyone and would definitely go back. It really is a perfect example of how a boutique hotel should be.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomjackson10

Reviewed 11 January 2009

I booked Casa Montani for the first weekend of January as a new year suprise for my boyfriend...and so when looking for somewhere to book wanted to make sure everything was perfect!

I myself work in a hotel so I can be pretty picky over where to stay, as one reviwer said of his wife I spend hours trawling through websites, looking at pictures and of course analysing trip advisor.

I can honestly say that I was not disappointed and neither was my boyfriend.
Casa Montani is perfectly situated across the street from the piazza popolo and in walking distance to see all the attractions ...spanish steps, trevi fountain etc.

The townhouse itself is lovely...tucked away on the third floor of the building it is furnished beautifully. No expense has been spared with the furnishing and decor, all contempory yet comfortable.
We spent our first two nights in a deluxe and then we were lucky enough to spend our last night in the Junior suite which has great big windows and a lounge area.....however the deluxe was still great and had the added bonus of a balcony!

The linen was all great quality, everywhere was immaculate and well looked after.

Loved the dark wood flooring, power showers and how quiet the rooms are!

The owners Guiseppe and Charlotte made us really welcome, going out of their way to point us in the right direction, recommending restaurants ( which were both fantastic!) and even being in touch on the phone day and night to help with table reservations.
Thank you to them both for making our stay so relaxing and personal!

This is truly a little jem that I selfishly would hate to become so popular that I cant get in...however this place deserves great ratings for being everything you could need and want.
Anyone who feels negatlvely about it should really read the description first so they would not need to moan about things they should of known like room service and continental breakfast!

If you want high standards from your room and those looking after you then I recommend you stay here!

We are already planning our next trip to Rome and will definitely be staying at the Casa Montani!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2009

-My husband and I booked a room for our honeymoon here by taking a chance on it and we don't regret it at all! Book it through their website.

***Please know that this is not a luxury hotel! They never claimed to be one. Casa Montani is a Luxury Townhouse! ***

THE BUILDING: It's 2 doors away from corner of Burger King. It looks like an obscure building. No fancy entrance, just two really big double doors. You enter, pass the security guard and make a left. Then you reach the really adorable, old-school elevator and go to the third floor. You enter Casa Montani and the front desk to your right, and a sitting area to your left decorated with black and white wallpaper. Ahead is a single hallway that leads to all the suites. We had room No. 5, the suite, it was phenomenal. You can see pics of it on their website.

-DECOR: The floors are dark wood and beautiful. Furniture style is charming. Remember most Italian hotels like to shove two twin beds together so specifically request a large single bed if you want it. Bathroom was clean and stylish. It was black and silver and they give you shampoo, soap, and body wash from Hermes. Good stuff!
-They have THE most comfortable bed and goose down comforters! My husband and I had trouble getting out of bed! It was THAT cozy. Try it out and get lost in the softness!
-Heating, AC. blowdryer, safebox, sofa, 2 TVs, desk, 2 chairs, free wifi (no laptop in the room though) but we had iphones and it worked great, towels, closet, and fruits and candies. (Remember we had the suite so we had the sofa and second TV).

- TV: Compared to other hotels, you get the best American-based channels here. Watch out though, one channel called "Fox Crime" is VERY addicting, has shows like CSI, Law & Order, House, etc.

-THE OWNERS: Guiseppe and Charlotte are the very lovely married couple that run Casa Montani. They were always there in the morning or only a phone-call away. When they're not there, they have two friendly girls (Ivonne and Gelli) who clean and oversee the rooms and always willing to try to help you with any questions or call Guiseppe for you.

- TRANSPORTATION & LOCATION: So close to the Popolo Square! Specifically there is a wall separating you and the square. But that's why it's a great location. Close but not close enough to hear the noise. The Square is literally across the street. Top it off, the "A" Metro line is in front of the hotel entrance! Location is great, you're 10 minutes from the Spanish Steps and walk down a little more to see Trevi Fountain. It's a far walk to Colosseum. But logically, if you're at a hotel near the Colosseum you would be far from the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain then. Depends on where you want to be. If you love shopping stay on the Popolo side, that's all there is to do there!

-FREE BREAKFAST: OK... If you're expecting bacon, eggs, and biscuit & gravy you're in the wrong country. When you check in they give you a list of things they offer, if you want, you CAN check all of them. My husband LOVED the hot chocolate. I favored their expresso. They also offer orange juice, cappuccino, croissants, breads, cheeses, honey, Nutella (Italians in general love it, you'll see Nutella everywhere), jam, butter, and yogurts. They don't give you any sorts of meat for breakfast. But my husband and I we're full from eating all that I listed above. There is no room service, but you're in Rome... go out and pick up something, if you're craving meat go to BK a few steps away from CM or one of the 4-5 pizzerias surrounding CM. We HIGHLY recommend Pizzeria Rustica. When you come out of the hotel, heads towards BK, then cross the street and make a left. It'll be on your right side. The best pizza we've had in all of Italy!

Feel free to ask questions. I'll answer the best I can. If you like being in 5 star BIGGGG hotels then perhaps CM may not be for you. But we are 30 years old and newlywed, stayed there for 5 days and loved it! Casa Montani catered to us gently without being so aggressive and fake. Owners and the two female employees are friendly and helpful. Overall words to describe our stay there was Comfortable, Clean, and COZY!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NY_Sarah_NY
Reviewed 6 January 2009

My wife and I went to Rome for the first part of our honeymoon and we decided to stay at Casa Montani ( we booked a suite).

There were many things I enjoyed at this place.
Location: It was on the fringe of the main tourist attractions and square which made things easily accessible.

Comfort: the bed, tv, bathroom were very clean and loved the hard wood floors. Everything felt new.

Service: the owner was there every morning to answer any questions that we had and he was always a phone call away at any time of the day.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chanho
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I was a bit lazy getting to this review, but when I saw that a negative review had been posted I knew I had to write something immediately.

Casa Montani is simply one of the best places we've stayed in a long time. We were in Italy for my wife's 40th birthday and we had our five-year-old in tow. My wife is very careful about booking rooms. She'll spend hours online, comparing rates and looking at photographs. So when she settled on Casa Montani, I knew we had a winner.

Casa Montani is a small boutique hotel. It occupies just a few rooms of a much larger building. But for those of you who know how to travel smartly, and who know how to avoid the regular tourist traps, this is a jewel. It is a place for sophisticated travelers who understand that being in a run-down hotel near the Spanish Steps might seem great when you're young and backpacking, but not when you've grown older and wiser.

The rooms are beautifully decorated. To the poster who said they were small: you're in Rome. And besides, size isn't the only consideration. Our suite was modern, the linens were soft, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. And to look out the window and see the Piazza del Popolo....fantastic!

(The hotel, btw, is literally a ten second walk from the piazza. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, frankly. During the day we walked to all the sites but it was so refreshing to come back through that great square each night and retire to a place that had a degree of tranquility. There's something to be said for NOT being in the crowded city center.)

As for the breakfast, I disagree wholeheartedly with the negative poster. It was a charming breakfast, just what one needs. I'm not sure if he was hoping for eggs and bacon but this is not the place for that. A continental breakfast is perfect and we loved that it was wheeled into our room. In fact, the hot chocolate was delicious and the croissant fresh.

Everything about this little hotel was right on target, exactly the place we were looking for. And while it's not designed with children in mind (it's small, no doubt), our hosts could not have been nicer to our daughter, Alexandra.

Cant' wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank photomat3
Reviewed 31 December 2008

I was 16 to 20 December 2008.
The overall impression is a bit poor.
the guy that we opened the door is friendly, and he tries to provide information.
But the room is nice in some respects but inadequate in others.
The bathroom is very small, and the beds are just 90 cm wide and 190 cm long. When in luxury hotels the size is bigger. I imagine that the owner does not know the official stanadar of luxury hotels.
Breakfast is basic and horrible quality. I´t´s served into the room, because there is no room breakfast, consisting of a croissant reheated in a microwave and two rolls. and an orange juice. I thought that being a luxury, breakfast included some small delicatessen.
No room service.
I have read the earlier criticism, and it is true that have the services of a hotel, that is, none.
I would say it is a hostel with pretensions, but is only a modern hostel. I paid 176 euros per room per day. Too money for a modern hostal. I do not understand the criticism about the good hostel. May be other prices or people without much else to approach the owners.
Indeed Rome as always, and it is the fifth time, sweetie.
Panteon or better by staying Navona.
This hotel is a bit far.
I encourage you to go to Rome and to enjoy their city. If you want I can recommend you many interesting sites.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Gabrielguru
Reviewed 24 December 2008

Hello
iwent in casa montani for 3 nights.
Small room, ridicolous bathroom, impossible for two persons together.
No service room, no concierge man, only 5 rooms and nobody to help us.
The breakfas is like school breakfast, very basic and bad quality.
The price of the room is not cheap, so i don´t understand whrie is going to go the money.
Bad service (no service), bad breakfast, small room...
Don´t stay here.
I recommend to you no visit this place.
Rome is a wonderful city, and it´s much better going to a wonderful hotel.
kisses and have a nice day

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple