“Fantastic Place”

Casa Montani - Luxury Guest House
Ranked #126 of 3,781 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My wife and I satyed at Casa Montani for three nights and could not have been happier. While it is a little difficult to find, once you are there it is like an oasis of calm in the hustle and bustle of Rome. The room was large enough by EU standards. The A/C was always cold and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in for a long time. My wife always has trouble falling asleep when we travel, but here she had none. The superb windows silence the noise from the streets below. The staff was kind and attentive. The location, as desribed by other posters, was fantastic. The only problem with this hotel is it is starting to get alot of publicity and I think reservations will start to become harder to get. When we return to Rome we will certainly plan our stay at Casa Montani.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2009

This has to be one of my favorite hotels that I have been to. The staff was great and it just seemed very cozy with only 5 rooms. The location was phenomenal for the Metro and for shopping as well. We stayed for 6 nights and I did not want to leave. The restaurant recommendations were great and they arranged very economical transfers to the airport.

Reviewed 4 June 2009

We had a wonderful 2 night stay at Casa Montani. The owners are a young couple that are extremely helpful and accomodating. The rooms are moderately sized but extremely comfortable and have all very modern amenities. Breakfast is served in your room, mostly rolls with jams, coffee, cheese and fruit. Very nice. Especially helpful is that the Metro station is right out in front of the hotel, making it very easy to move around Rome. The Vatican, Termini and Colusseum are easily reached in a few minutes by hopping on the Metro. We very much enjoyed our stay here.

Reviewed 29 May 2009

The owners Charlotte and Giuseppe are so kind, giving, supportive and helpful. Upon arrival, Charlotte sat down with us to go over some of her restaurant recommendations. Giuseppe was extremely helpful with planning our days, including booking our reservations for the Borghese Museum and arranging for us to have breakfast before the normal serving hours because we needed to leave early.

The location allows easy access to other parts of the city. There is a Metro station right outside of the main doors. The Spanish steps and excellent shops are within a short walking distance. While we were visiting, there was also a police celebration in Piazza del Popolo. Though we headed back during very late hours, there was always a police presence. We felt extremely safe.

The room was extremely comfortable and beautiful. It was always kept very clean. The breakfast was great, and it was served to us in the room so we could have breakfast in bed. The room never got too warm or too cold. If the AC was on, it was whisper quiet. The staff, including Yvonne, was great.

Reviewed 15 May 2009

My husband and I stayed at Casa Montani for 2 nights while in Rome. Our room was great with cold a/c, sky tv with numerous english stations, good water pressure and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. After we checked in we didn't want to leave because the bed and room was so comfortable and relaxing. It was very nice to come back to after a day of walking the city. Breakfast was delivered to our room each morning with a selection of breads, jams, cheese, fruit, yogurt and coffee. The staffs in the reception area were very knowledgeable and helpful with directions, recommendations and reservation services. The only problem we had was that the car service they arranged to the airport dropped us at the wrong terminal and we had to take a bus to get to the American Airlines terminal which was not that easy with several large bags in tow. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to my friends.

Reviewed 27 April 2009

This was the best place we stayed in Italy despite being woken by the earthquake on the first night. The building swayed but it seemed solid. The location was perfect. Everything is walkable and it is a bit outside the heavy tourist area. If you don't want to walk, the subway is across the street. Giueseppe and Charlotte were excellent hosts. They are friendly, patient and informative. They must have heard the same questions a thousand times but treat you with great interest and respect. The beds were really comfortable with high tread count bedding and the best pillows we had in Italy. The bathroom was luxurious and the water remained warm and plentiful. We had a Junior suite. There were 3 of us: my husband, me and our adult daughter who we were meeting because she is studying in England. It was a wonderful place to have a get together. She loved the nice touches like the Hermes bath products and the big towels. We spend 4 days walking the city and eating in great restaurants (all suggestions of the Montani's). If you needed a break from tourism, the room was a good place to hang out with 2 flat screen tv's and a mini-bar fridge. I found Italy to be very expensive and this is reflected in the hotels. Although Casa Montani cost more than I would ever spend for a hotel at home relative to other hotels in Italy where we stayed, it was worth every Euro. My only regret is that we didn't spend more time in Rome and forgo some of our other itinerary.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2009

This was my fourth trip to Rome in eight months and I knew where I wanted to stay. We visited this time for the Italy v Wales rugby weekend and this was a perfect location for being convenient for shopping and sightseeing and also walking to the the Stadio Flaminio.

Location is just opposite the Metro at Piazza del Popolo (Flaminio) - a beautiful square in Rome which is just at the top of the Via del Corso (shopping ++!). Walking to the Spanish Steps/Trevi Fountain/Pantheon takes about 15-20 mins. The Colosseum and Vatican a bit further - 30-40 mins walk.

Although Casa Montani is in a busy location it is on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and was very quiet. The owners were extremely helpful in giving advice re. restaurants and shopping and spoke good English.

The rooms was very comfortable with a great bed and lovely linens. Hermes toiletries in the bathroom (Room 4 - shower only). An acceptable continental breakfast was served on a trolley which is brought to the room as there is no bar/dining room. There's a small lounge area incorporated into the reception area and lots of information on the bookshelves.

A really comfortable place to stay and I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple