Located quite close to some of the better hotels in Rome, this B&B is tucked away in a quiet location just near Via Veneto and minutes from two Metro stations and the Corso.
Rooms are moderate in size - we also had a balcony area which was perfect for breakfast. The bed very firm, the shower doing the job with good pressure.
Breakfast was very simple, but the espresso was good. There's a little fruit shop around the corner which can help you supplement the meal. Just be warned that toast in Italy is often packaged toasted bread which is more like a rusk!
A few notes:
- Do bring ear plugs as you can hear your neighbours or people in the corridor on occasion.
- Staff are obliging to do laundry - just let them know what temperature.
- Their taxi service was good but you will pay more than a standard taxi from the airport by about €15.
- Because there is not always someone on site you may face a wait for getting something you need, and this may include the 10 or more minutes for the staff to come back from wherever they are. But truth be told, they are very helpful.
All up, this is a very good budget option for Rome.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alex Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alex Hotel Rome