“Generally ordinary food and poor service”
Review of Dal Bolognese

Dal Bolognese
Ranked #1,302 of 12,524 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
“Generally ordinary food and poor service”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We thought we would try a local restaurant for dinner

Entrees were quite good - both the pastas in particular were good the Caprese was poor. it went downhill from there. We had 4 main meals at our table and 3 of them were awful. The house speciality boiled meats came with all the water on the plate and the fresh vegetables were late and overlooked the zucchini side was good

The stuck up waiters were the worst part. In particular we had to ask for our bill 5 times and it only came when we threatened to walk out

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Paul M

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Awful!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Poor service. Poor food. Just poor except the bill.
We are very familiar with casual food as well as the Three Michelin starred destinations, but this was neither. Very very disappointing. Never to be repeated

Visited July 2014
3 Thank justanothertravelbug
West Hollywood, California, United States
“Good but wasn't our best meal”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I heard a lot about this place. Service was average, the food was ok. I had the octopus salad and their tortolini which they are known for. My mom had fish (it was fried) with fried zucchini fries and a garden salad. (basic and plain) But I guess what do you expect for fried food and a salad in Italy. I had a couple friends recommend this place, but for the price I wouldn't go back.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Juls B
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We heard about this restaurant through family. It was very good. One of the best places in Rome. We made reservations through our travel agency. The place was packed with local Italians!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Arianne D
“Maybe the waiters look miserable because they have to eat the food here”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Or maybe this is the code of conduct required by the owner of his staff. What astounded me is the queue of people waiting to get in, the "reserved" signs on all the outside tables...but this restaurant deserves recognition for charging exorbitant prices for the most bland tasting food served by the most miserable waiters imaginable. And why do most of the dishes come with (equally bland) mashed potatoes. Regulars must have some sado masochistic wish to want to be treated with such disdain. I also can't understand what molecular genius it must entail to be able to extract all flavour from food and replace it just with salt.
Now for the food and spelling bee at a restaurant so clearly targeted at tourists. : would anyone like roast beaf with mushed potato?
Our waiter brought us a jug, or should I say an urn of water so big that I needed to support the underside to pour it. Not once did the waiter offer or fill our glasses. First course for my daughter was 'green ravioli' which was meant to be spinach and ricotta ravioli. The 'green' was the spinach pasta on the outside and a small slice of ricotta placed on the inside with a teaspoon worth of the tomato sauce it came with. The waiter offers my daughter Parmesan cheese for her pasta and proceeded to aggressively douse her lap with most of the cheese. Smiley didn't even ask me if I wanted cheese on my eggplant Parmesan but blessed my lap with a generous showering of cheese as well. The veal alla Milanese with mushed potatoes was one step up from hospital food. We could not get out of this restaurant fast enough. Charmless, tasteless and overpriced. What an irony that they are the only restaurant we ate at that put a service charge on the bill.

• Visited July 2014