“I thought I was a meat person”
Review of Il Margutta

Il Margutta
Reserve with
Il Margutta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #846 of 12,782 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$6 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Fantastic raw materials and dishes. I would replace a steak for the food at Il Margutta anytime. Friendly staff goes without saying to deserve five dots.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Il Margutta is a vegetarian restaurant which everybody can love. Located in what is probably the most beautiful street in central touristy Rome, Il Margutta offers in mid-day a lunch buffet, containing tons of Italian options ranging from excellent salads to pastas and deserts.

I think this was our third time in this restaurants. We were once here before for dinner, which was rather expensive and not good value for money, and another time for lunch a few years ago. This time we took the excellent lunch buffet. For 12 euros we each got one bowl of soup (they had either spinach or vegetable soup), one plate to fill freely in the buffet and one plate of fruit.

As evidenced in the photo, I really filled my plate, trying to taste everything Il Margutta has to offer. I took 2 types of pastas (a warmish one with tomato sauce and a cold pasta salad), some excellent risotto, great wheat salad and warm haricot vert. The highlight, however, were the two types of Lasagna that they had on offer that day - tomato based and eggplant based. Both were just amazing.

Overall, I think Il Margutta's buffet is an amazing option to fill your engine in mid-day. The food is great, and the prices are really reasonable.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came by chance. We did not have a booking but were accommodated swiftly. The food was great...lots of tasty veg based foods included in the buffet. Cost us ?25 each inc desserts.

1  Thank 123Deepak
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The food was imaginative, well-prepared and delivered in a timely fashion. The staff, when asked, provided a great recommendation for a bottle of wine. We ate: chard timbale with cheese and potato; quinoa with two types of beans and peas; buckwheat pasta with asparagus and strawberries; light carrot cake with gelato; and, cheese cake with berries. The adjacent bar was quite load but provided atmosphere, and the staff while service was timely, the staff were running off their feet so perhaps one or two service staff didn't show up.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I went years ago to this restaurant, discovered by my brother in his "vegetarian" moment of life.
Coming back after some years, nothing is changed: the restaurant atmosphere and design is always great, staff is kind and courteous, and the menu - simply wonderful!
Don't be scared thinking "oh, but I don't want to go to a veggy restaurant, I want meat" because, believe me, when you will leave you will ask yourself: "was I really in a vegetarian restaurant?". Menu is so broad and so attractive, with ingredients used so perfectly and innovatively, that it will be difficult enough to choose among the options, imagine to feel something is missing!
Last but not least, the bill is not so high, considered the quality and the position of the restaurant: 2 persons, we ordered 4 courses and we spent 80€, of which 30 were for drinks (water, very good wine, coffee).