“Not bad, also cheap”

Taverna della Scala
Reserve with
Taverna della Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,212 of 13,871 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Pizza and tiramisu were not bad but not exceptional as well. Affordable prices but they as many charge 2x1.5 for servizio!

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Family trip to Rome, niece unwell & all we wanted was a nice, hot, hearty soup. After a lot of walking around, this restaurant seemed to be the only one doing a takeaway & we ordered for a ‘minestrone’. 10minutes into our order, one of the F&B staff asks why we were waiting & if we had already ordered. 15 minutes later, I asked the same F&B staff on the status of the order & was very rudely told ‘it is heating, you want it cold?’!! Oh boy!!! Wrong answer, buddy. For starters the soup wasn’t meant to be reheated or thawed from frozen. Fast forward to 20 minutes, soup taken to the apartment. If all a minestrone soup meant having a vegetable broth I might as well have prepared it myself in the apartment. Totally disappointed with the food & the customer service. You can definitely do better; treat your staff some humility & kindness.

Taverna02, Direttore at Taverna della Scala, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

First of all you are a liar, buddy! None of what you' ve written is true. You came here at lunch time on the last thursday and you directly ask the waiter for the minestrone. He took your order and sent it to the kitchen. We need some minutes to prepare otherwise it would mean that our food is not fresh (think about it , pal !). I'm pretty sure that nobody answered you as rudely as you report. Hey sprint, I perfectly know my waiters and I can bet my eyes they wouldn' t ever do it. What is more you filled up your review with fake accusations as we always treat our loved clients as kings . If you woke up on the wrong side of the bed it's not our fault! I WONDER WHY you wrote so disrispectfully for our job while we use to work our but off every day in order to assure the highest quality to our service.Full stop.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

it was a very good experience being there for dinner with our friends. 4 adults, had dinner for 78 euro, all had main plates, shared salads and antipasti and wine. Plates were full, the food was very tasteful, the atmosphere nice, the service very good. We definitely recommend it as a value for money Taverna.
We'll be back.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I've been to Italy about 40 times and I've eaten in so many restaurants I can't remember them all. But this one stood out. I always order Coda and Trippa when I am in Rome and I found their Coda to be the best I've EVER tasted. The wine selection was excellent as well. So what are my caveats YOU ASK: Charging extra for bread and the "coperta" at 2 Euro person. REALLY???? Veramente???? Maybe that is the foreigner charge. But in any case I'd still go back. Also the area is quite charming.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

With so many excellent restaurants in Trastevere, this is yet another example of fine Italian cuisine. Our meal was incredible and service was top notch. Pricing was reflective of the overall quality. Location was perfect for us too, highly recommended!