“Overpricing that's all”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a Friday dinner here. Food was average only, but prices was too high for that meals. Even tough there were free waiters we had to wait our waiter for half an hour to get the orders.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,479)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I went there based upon a guidebook recommendation and was a bit disappointed. I had a great pasta dish with clams. I'll say it was delicious homemade pasta and since I tried linguine/spaghetti with clams a few times throughout my 10 day trip, it was probably the best. But, my mom wanted just a salad as it was lunch and she wasn't too hungry. The salad came out and it was literally only lettuce, nothing else. If you want pasta, the menu is good. If you might want something else, they don't have a lot of variety. They also don't have many varieties of wine by the glass (which surprised me in Italy) and I had a choice of only "red or white". At lunch the place was packed and there was only one server and one runner - so we had to wait a long time for someone to take our order and serve us. But the service was very pleasant.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Delicious food, nice atmosphere and good selection of wines.
As starter excellent fungi porchini with lardo and mixed seafood starter followed by cuttlefish pasta and gorgonzola ravioli.
Can recommend the place

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Cosy restaurant not far from the Piazza del Popolo. It was frequented by locals which boded well. The service was attentive and patient as we dithered over choices. I went for the suckling pig which was astonishingly good. Everyone in our party of 8 loved their dishes. The wine is not cheap (they do not do house wine) but nor was it expensive compared to other restaurants.
I chose this restaurant based on reviews I had read, and everyone in my group loved it.
10/10

2  Thank Ootytooty
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Nice reception, friendly staff. I had great pasta and meat. Wines were rather expensive though (for Italian standards). And I accepted some fresh strawberries for desert, without asking the price. 8 EUR for just a handful of strawberries is, surely, excessive. So always ask the price in advance.

1  Thank VincenzoH1962