“Wonderful dining experience”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Reviewed 27 June 2014

What a great find in Rome...but make sure you book as many Roman locals meet and eat here. The maître de made sure to guide us through the entire menu and assisted with daily specials. Had excellent servings and left working out when we can return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Small restaurant - which we like. This restaurant was recommended by our River Palace hotel concierge - just a short walk into the Piazza del Popolo. Food was excellent - especially the pasta. If you go - make a reservation for dinner - the restaurant was packed - every table was taken. You can't go wrong eating at La Buca di Ripetta.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Unfortunately, we stopped here shortly after arriving in Rome as I would have loved to try more of the menu and we were also terribly jet-lagged. I just had the Carchiofi alla Guida, the pasta fagioli soup, and a little bottle of Chianti. I enjoyed it thoroughly. It was my first time on the fried Artichokes so I can't compare it to anything but they were delicious. The bean soup was definitely something special...very different from anything I've tried in the US and very rich and flavorful. My only regret here is that we didn't speak better Italian...they waived off the very attractive Italian-speaking waitress and gave us the English-speaking waiter hehe. Will work on that for the next visit :-) (the waiter did give us excellent service)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This restaurant was referred to us by a tour guide and I am glad we listened. The food was great. We were lucky to get a table. I suggest making reservations.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Cute restaurant. Dinner service starts at 7pm onwards.

Service was attentive, efficient and non-obtrusive while being friendly and welcoming. Our waiter was very friendly going through the specials and his recommendations.

The pasta we had was very nicely al dente and the sauce was rich and hearty. The pasta stuffed with pear with an orange sauce was certainly interesting indeed. It had that sweetness from the pear and sauce yet it was pretty subtle and not too overbearing. Very nice and different from what we usually have. Portion sizes could be a bit bigger but the food was lovely never the less.

Overall, service and food is solid. Only complaint, drinks (beer & prosecco) were served a bit warm.