“The Italian meal I've been waiting for! ”
Review of Taverna Angelica

Taverna Angelica
Reserve with
Taverna Angelica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #374 of 12,458 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$35 - US$58
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Description: In the historical area of Borgo, in the vicinity of Saint Peter's Cathedral, we offer a modern and creative menu based on seafood and selected meats, in a cosy and comfortable setting.
Laurel, Maryland
“The Italian meal I've been waiting for! ”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This was the best meal that I had in Italy. Everything was prepared perfectly and all of the dishes were beautifully presented. I'm really glad that we found this place. It can be easy to miss!

I ordered the tasting menu and was very happy with everything that came out. The portions were huge! It was more like two full meals with a starter and dessert. I had to be careful and not eat all of the pasta because I knew I still had the beef dish coming. I also kept sampling my fiancé's dish which was spaghetti with tomatoes, chili oil, and some other delicious ingredients. He helped me finish the huge serving of beef that we both couldn't get enough of! We somehow made room for our rich and delicious chocolate desserts.

On top of all that- the prices were very good. No need to break the bank to have an excellent meal.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Our best meal in Rome!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Without a shadow of a doubt this was our best meal in Rome throughout our 5-night stay. We went based on previous trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed!

People have said it was difficult to find but we found it fairly easily, it's just set back from the road a few metres.

We went on a Sunday evening and were the only people in the restaurant. I'm not sure if it's not doing too well or it was just because it was a Sunday. However it's location away from the main route to the Vatican won't attract many passers-by.

I had maltagliani pasta with prawns, pistachio nuts and pesto followed by white chocolate Mille-feuille - both were delicious! My girlfriend had seafood risotto and a cheese dessert and she too was very pleased with her meal.

The restaurant is peaceful, has a great atmosphere and is decorated very quaintly with it's wine display. It has a lengthy wine list and we were welcomed with a free glass of prosecco on arrival. The waiter was also very helpful and welcoming.

At only 13 and 14 euros for the mains and 7 and 10 euros for dessert we think our meals were well worth value for money. They were truly fantastic!

We will 100% go again the next time we visit Rome and would recommend Taverna Angelica to everyone! For a great meal at a reasonable price try it out.

1 Thank Ben W
Oak Park, Illinois
“One of our best meals in Rome”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant near the Vatican. It is very tastefully decorated, and we especially liked the fact that it was quiet and serene inside, with no outside seating and all the craziness that comes with that. The food was outstanding, beginning with the smoked goose appetizer we had and ending with a very creative dessert filled with fruit and custard. There is also a very good and reasonable wine selection. The staff were friendly and spoke perfect English. We had an interesting conversation with one of the owners about how much Rome is changing and what that means for the locals. I would highly recommend Taverna Angelica, especially if you want an exceptional meal, and need to get away from all the noise, tourists, and frenetic pace that is Rome. We will definitely re-visit the next time we are in Rome.

London, United Kingdom
“Really disappointing”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The wife chose this place as a result of reviews and I have to say that it really disappointed. I chose the 35 euro set menu and it consisted of four courses. I'll acknowledge that the sea food pasta course was fine but the smoked tuna and rocket was just that and boring, the fish and sliced potatoes were just that and really boring, and the sliced pineapple and Galliano was just that. The whole menu would have been fine for a slimmer. The wine at 20 euros wasn't bad value. The wife's dishes just didn't work. The wife's sea food risotto was disappointing but OK and her sea bass and aubergine just didn't work - she left some. The service was friendly, the atmosphere wasn't bad and the place is very clean.

1 Thank Tony G
Tavernangelica, Owner at Taverna Angelica, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear sir, I see you have mentioned a few dishes in your review that we don't server in our restaurant. So, I hope you did not confuse us with another place during your visit to Rome. Each guest at our restaurant is looking for something specific. I hope on your next visit you will give me an opportunity to discuss your taste preferences and make some recommendations. I find some of my friends from London tend too like more of our heavier/creamier
Varna, Bulgaria
“Trip”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Tasty but not very welcoming. There was no a smile on her face none of the waiters.I was very pleased with the the pasta and dessert.

3 Thank Liza K

Been to Taverna Angelica? Share your experiences!