“Excellent location”
Review of Hotel Centrale

Hotel Centrale
Ranked #555 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is situated perfectly in Rome. The staff was very friendly and the price was ok. Only minor bad things were the sounds from other rooms. The bathrooms were small but nothing that bothered us. Would return if we again would travel to Rome.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank noob1985

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Location is great but rooms are not! Furniture is so dirty. There are many dirt stains on the chair. So disgusting to sit! Beds have the same story with some blood stains on them. Lady on reception is not friendly at all but two other guys have been helpful. Breakfast is basic.

Stayed: August 2014
centraledir, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Madame,

Thank you for posting your comment but please next time before writing think better first.
It is extremely important to use the correct nouns and adjectives always and everywhere especially writing on Trip Advisor, otherwise you can appear a liar to my eyes and our clients (particularly our regular ones) can feel disoriented and confused by your words and at the same time you waste our imagine and I cannot absolutely accept it because our team works hard to provide always an excellent service.

Clean and fresh linen is washed and sterilized by specialists and it is always delivered on time here and it is unacceptable that you talk about “blood stains on the bed” it is inappropriate, disgusting and really shameful. Absolutely false!
Our Housekeeper always check the rooms after cleanings especially when our waitresses are helped by qualified external ones and remember: we provide a light cleaning service every day and a full cleaning service upon departure.

Three days here and you have never reported anything to me!!! Unbelievable!

Our reception works 24 hours please next time ASK and it will be given to you.
We have hundred chairs here and if there is something wrong with one of them in the property we provide you another one; we have clean linen everywhere and if something is wrong we can set up your bed again immediately!

I agree with you about the chair because it’s true, I have personally checked and found a couple of stains on it but please be careful to use the right words because it wasn’t blood of course but simply coffee or probably juice because you understand, this is a Hotel, people sometimes request breakfast delivered to the room for instance and it can happens.

"Breakfast is basic”. Here I should spend minimum ten minutes but as I said last time to someone who was expecting the wedding breakfast: “This is an italian breakfast! All my respect for the british and the american ones that are great of course but we don't use to eat too much in the morning. Naturally our job is to accommodate people from all over the world, trying to satisfy every single need and anticipating all our customers expectations, for this
reason we use to serve also ham, cheese, cakes, fresh bread, croissants, jogurts, juices, tea, american coffee, espresso, jam and cappuccino prepared in our delicious breakfast area. If you were looking for sausages, mushrooms, bacon and scrambled eggs, I'm sorry, you have to wait lunch time even if I would suggest a different menu anyway. This is Italy, don't forget!

But do you know what I think? You wrote this kind of comment because you didn’t like my colleague at the front desk and if this is the reason… I have no words.

However, I hope to see you again because I did my best to change completely your stay, offering to you and your husband a double room and a single one to your mother or mother-in-law, instead of the triple you were supposed to have. Do you remember? And you refused.

Kind regards,

David Longobardi

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Room was very small, almost hard to turn around inside. Toilet was also very small but everything worked. With that said, location, cleanliness and friendly staff makes this hotel recommended. 4 stars should be valued within the Hotel class which I guess is budget.
Location is really nice, close to most attractions. Breakfast isn't much but enough to get one out of the door.
Recommended.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M203_sweden
Reviewed 5 August 2014

this hotel is in a great location in Rome, It is near the Spanish steps and great shopping. Across the street is a great gelato store with homemade gelato and next door to that is a pizza/sandwich café that is authentic and awesome, not to mention very enexpensive. I enjoyed my stay there and the service was very Italian.

1  Thank Roy H
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is in a very old building but all the fixtures were very up to date. We loved the location near the Spanish Steps and shopping. The hotel personnel were very friendly and helpful. We stayed here for three nights and our only complaint was the very very small bathroom. The free breakfast was European and was good. It is a very Italian hotel and that was what we were looking for.

Room Tip: The bathrooms are extremely small even by Rome standards.
2  Thank JEHWoodHi
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We just came back from an awesome cruise and stay in Rome. We stayed in Rome for 3 nights at Hotel Centrale. The location was perfect! Close to Flaminio Metro Station and Piazza del Popolo and also great shopping. Our room was small, but very clean. The breakfast was delicious. The front desk staff was great, especially Yacobo. He was extremely friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay again at Hotel Centrale.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl D
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a small amount of money stole from the room but ignored this; I put my UK sterling in the safe till the end of the trip. The money was stolen, I questioned the staff and was told “we trust out staff, you've made a mistake". I'm home now, but contacting the Rome Police just to make them aware in case it happens again. Maybe then someone will take it a bit more serious.

5  Thank Dazxr750
centraledir, Proprietario at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear customer, the day after your departure you sent us an email asking you to verify the presence in the safe in your room for 92 pounds sterling. We quickly checked in both safe and all the furniture in your room, which fortunately had not been rented for the night next to your departure, but without finding anything. Even the waitress who has arranged the room after your departure has been requested, but she confirmed that the safe was empty. This maid is working with us since 2008 and we have never had negative reports from any customers. Customers often forget we have values ​​or objects, everything is cataloged, customers are immediately notified and the goods are returned by the postal service at the customer's expense. This we could answer, and we are at the disposal of police for further clarification. Perhaps before leaving a bad review without certain items, you could wait for a response from the police of Rome, to which you have rightly asked for clarity.
For the safety of our clients and their assets, we have a system of cameras which controls 24/24 all the corridors and stairs, we are very sorry for your inconvenience, but we did everything in our power to help you.