“Very nice but dont forget to ask for ricevuta fiscale!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il bar sotto il mare

Il bar sotto il mare
Ranked #1,278 of 12,044 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$0 - US$146
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
rome
“Very nice but dont forget to ask for ricevuta fiscale!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Nice place, good food, quick and kind service. Just didnt like the false ricevuta fiscale they gave us at the end. Of course, we payed with a credit card so they had to give us a proper one!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing local place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Best Italian food we had in Rome. It's very authentic and local - we were the only tourists there and there was only one waiter who spoke English. The food is amazing, especially the scampi cream risotto and they have the best cake in Italy. Definitely try the pear cake.

1 Thank zephyrous
San Francisco, California
“Under the Sea in Rome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Excellent seafood restaurant. Very good service. I'm not sure they had any options other than seafood, this place really specializes. I saw a lot of clams and scampi (whole in the shell) being served to tables around me. To start I had the Ravioli al branzino con mazzancolle, radicchio e crema di latte (Ravioli stuff with bass, and shrimp and radicchio cream sauce) which was great. For my next course I had the Pesce spada alla siciliana (Sicilian Swordfish) which was a good-sized portion of Swordfish with whole black olives, giant capers and lemon sauce. I used the bread to finish the sauces for both dishes. They have a great white wine selection, but only bottles. And I know this goes with fish but I'm really a red-wine guy, and they only had a few bottles to choose from. I got a Shiraz in the 375ml bottle which was pretty good. The service was ok, she made good effort to speak English.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Jose, California
“Excellent food, a locals place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We stumbled into this restaurant while looking for another one. It was Friday night, the place was packed and we had no reservations. The hostess found us a small table anyway, and we had a fantastic meal at very good prices. This is definitely a locals place - Italian seafood restaurant. People without reservations were waiting outside while drinking wine for an hour or more.

• Visited July 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“The best meal we had in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

The staff spoke close to no English. The menu was completely in Italian. We couldn't understand each other and I read the menu with a translator app in my phone. The waitress tried her best to recommend dishes, and we went along with some of her recommendations. The meal was EXCELLENT. We had a starter of mussels and clams in white wine sauce and it was spectacular. Then we had the vermicelli alla pescatora (spaghetti-like pasta with mixed seafood) and the grigliata mista (mixed grilled seafood) and both were really delicious. It was a great experience and we highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012