“Tasty Thai in Roma”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trieste
Reviewed 26 April 2014

After a couple of days of exploring Rome with a guest from Canada, we decided to venture away from pizza and pasta and we were not disappointed! The food was fresh, delicious, hot and authentic! Clean and pleasant decor (if anything a little understated), but the service was attentive and friendly. If you are craving a taste for Thai, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank TheGoodWife2709

Reviewed 19 January 2014

My partner is Thai so I get good feed back on the quality of Thai food in restaurants, and I eat a lot of Thai. This restaurant was extremely difficult to get to tube, bus and a walk we took a Taxi back to the Hotel. The trip was not worth it, the food quality was extremely poor. I ordered a Penang curry which was the worst I have ever eaten, the other dishes were not much better. The portions were small, and the cost was well over the top about 60 GBP for 2. The actual decoration in the restaurant was nice, the waiting staff were Thai and friendly. We were the only customers for some time then another two came in for takeaway.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I really love Thai food and we have tried it extensively both in Thailand, obviously, and Malaysia, where the Thai food is a bit different from the original but still delicious and fully satisfactory.
Well, our expectation was high for this Thai restaurant located in a very nice neighbourhood in Rome and so I booked a table in order to be sure that we would have not gone there to hear: "sorry, no tables available tonight!".
Nevertheless when we arrived the restaurant was absolutely empty, no customers other than us, and nobody arrived for the whole duration of our dinner.
To be honest the atmosphere was a bit sad, however I thought it could have been good for getting the food ordered in no time.
The menu was a bit limited and few of the dishes listed not available too. With great surprise, really unusual for a Thai restaurant, the few dishes with fish were served with fish fillet instead of the whole fish.
The quality of the food we tried, tomyam and coconut soups, sweet and sour fish fillet, chicken with basil and mix veggies, was well below the standard of any Thai food tried in the past.
The bill was overpriced based on the small portions and especially the quality of the dishes. And very surprisingly this restaurant only accepts cash and so, when I was told that no credit cards or other form of payment was accepted, my wife had to lend me some cash to settle the bill, with a bit of embarassment too.
Few more info: the design of the restaurant is quite anonymous and the staff looks Thai although they talk each other in Italian, thing that should have made me a bit suspicious about the actual Thai style of the restsurant.
The closing day of the restaurant is Monday, which is also the only day I suggest to consider for dining there in order to move in another bette4 restorant after finding that this place is closed.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Real nice place, clean and good style.

Had a lot of good fun with the great and professional waiters, they make it an event too.

And then the food. GREAT, and real Thai. Fast served, magic taste, well spiced, fresh ant crispy.

I was only sad of one thing, that I could not put the restaurant on a trailer and bring it to Denmark, we could use a super Thai restaurant like that.

Go there, you will enjoy.

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We went to salathai last night, as we fancied a change from pizza & pasta.

Checking tripadvisor it was the only thai restaurant anywhere near our hotel.

We got there and it was about 10% full.

We had spring rolls and chicken satay for starters. Spring rolls were as expected. The chicken satay lacked any real flavour.

For the main meal I had a green curry with chicken and my wife had the veg red curry.

We both found the curries very watered down and a distinct lack of coconut in them.

I had actually requested for the green curry to be extra spicy as I thought it probably would have bland otherwise. The chef loaded it up with green chillies, which did make it spicy but changed the flavour somewhat. He should have used red chillies.

We weren't really that impressed. I'm guessing the food is catered more for the locals.

Good size portions.

The only thing that made the experience enjoyable was the waiter who served us. He was very very friendly and talkative. He taught us a bit of Italian and we spoke about Thailand.

1  Thank jiggyUK