“Spectacular space, and very good food and service”
Review of Sacro e Profano - CLOSED

Sacro e Profano
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our waiter led us up a set of stairs to a high mezzanine close to the ceiling of this converted church. The walls and ceilings were decorated with modern frescos, which together with the vertiginous view into the restaurant below, lent a festive air. We had a completely satisfying meal including a pasta dish and salad. The food was straightforward, but tasty and perfectly prepared. The wait staff were accommodating and responsive to our need to leave relatively early to go to the opera nearby.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Went there on the recommendation of our Italian friend. Place its located near the Trevi Fountain but hidden up. The restaurant is in an old converted church with a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere. We sat at the balcony area and watch the pizza chef at work:). We tried two different pastas as "primo piatti" - they were very good: simple but very tasty! The one pizza - also very nice and a fish: tuna with honey sauce. I didn't like the fish to much: too salty and honey sauce did not fit (at least for me). But general it was a very good meal for a good price. (60 euro for two pastas, pizza, tuna and bottel of wine).

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We went here on the recommendation of another traveler we had met at the Galleria Borghese earlier that day, who said it was his favorite meal thus far. We definitely stuffed ourselves full, delicious!

The restaurant is in an old church, which gives it a very unique feel. Our table was upstairs, overlooking the pizza oven. It was fun to look down below at the activity. We ordered a seasonal gnocchi dish and lasagna to share, both were excellent (although the gnocchi was better!) Tiramisu for dessert was amazing as well.

Reasonably priced for the amount of food you get. Great service with a true "Italian" feel.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Went here on the recommendation of a local guy - ' the best pizzas in the area ' (was also told the other food was poor). Its located near the Trevi Fountain but hidden up a small back street. Its obviously popular with the locals as dozens of take-away pizzas were flying out the door. The restuarant is in an old converted church with a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere. Try and sit in the balcony area and watch the pizza chef at work. The pizza was very good and the restuarant is a nice place to get a good, fair value meal, especially in the Trevi area.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I was not impressed at all. I went there unde r the recommendation of a person, only to be fleeced...lol.
I ordered pasta .it was half cooked, (amatriciana) , the sauce was overbearing. I think they must of gotten the cook upset. If I had high blood pressure, I would of died on the spot. Very salty.
Now here is the kicker, they ask you how was it. You respond it was terrible and they present you the bill. . Lol.
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
I am sure the pizza was good..who knows and I am not about to find out.
They need to take feedback to improve the service and food...not for a quick buck..because at the end of the day .... zero.