“I want to go back”

Gasparone
Ranked #9,534 of 12,973 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Description: A quait and historic restaurant, located between Quirinale hill and legendary Trevi Fountain, decorated with prints by Piranesi, Pinelli and Rossini to reproduce the atmosphere of Rome in '800. In the warm season you can seat outside, in one of the prettiest corners of ancient Rome. Choose among tasty roman specialities on the daily menu: an ample assortment of appetizers from the buffet, delicious pasta, fresh fish and roast meat.Does not use the pizza As dessert enjoy our home made "Tiramisù"
Reviewed 23 March 2014

It's easy to miss between the other restaurants in the street. Inside it's cosy and charming. The service was very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. I would definitely recommend this to someone who goes to Rome.

1  Thank Sanne V

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Two of us were strolling the lane thinking of getting something to eat when it started to rain. We happened to be outside the door of Gasparone. it was a 1 pm on Saturday and no customers inside; but the menu on the street looked extensive and reasonably priced. We were met by a very gracious waitress who seated us and brought menus immediately, along with water. We ordered a risotto, gnocchi, antipasto plate, and house red wine. The risotto (with spinach and artichoke) was good, but not outstanding. The gnocchi (4 cheese) was excellent -- just the right texture and with a flavorful cheese sauce not too salty. The antipasto plate was basic but a flavorful of 7 salumi, some cheese, and an artichoke pesto. Just the right amount for two. The house red wine was passable, but if I were to go back I would ask for the wine list. Our hostess/waitress was attentive and pleasant throughout. Although we were the only customers at first, the tables (7 I think) had filled by the time we left. I am surprised by the negative reviews; I would heartily recommend this place. Also quite reasonable for this heavily touristed neighborhood: 2 pasta entrees, antipasti plate, bread, and 2 glasses of house wine were $45E.

1  Thank smichaelb
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We ate here because my friend had hurt her foot and was struggling to walk further. In normal circumstances we'd have walked passed someone hassling us in the streets. But we gave in,after being assured of good service and good food.
I asked if they could bring us a cushion or rolled up towel for my friend to rest her foot - after some time, we were given two serviettes. The manager then served two other tables before coming to us. He was clearly not going to engage with conversation - we asked for water, which was brought over but then waited 10 mins for that. And we had to wait a further 10 mins for him to return to take our drinks order. We then had to wait more time to order food. I did make a comment about the grumpiness and poor service - and the manager then realised we did not have bread etc. that was brought over with our food.
The food was pleasant Brit nothing to report.
At the end of our meal,we waited over 20 mins before someone came to clear the table. At this point, we had chosen to leave but needed to pay,
We asked 4 times for the bill -eventually it arrived on a scrap bit of paper.
They had added on 10% service charge.
We refused to pay this,explaining that food was fine....but service was awful. The manager got aggressive, pushed my husband and refused to listen - and threw us out!!!'
I certainly can not recommend this

"

3  Thank Ionalj
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Small typical hostaria serving old and traditional Roman dishes in the hearth of the old town. Very kind welcome and good service. Excellent quality of meals at average prices, in direct neighbourhood of the Trevi fountain.
Very valuable address where the old and relaible cooking experience of the owner gives to this place the power to make the guests feeling "local" and not just tourists. Offering a nice and calm terrace on the backside, can be easily considered as a fix reference for business repetitive visitors as well as for occasional ones. Rare

1  Thank Moxica
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My cousin and i visited Roma last week. We enjoyed the great city Roma again. We went toTrevi Fountain, we wanted to eat at this restaurant. We hadn't seen all this bad reviews about the restaurant. But the food was very good. I had la carbonara and my cousin la matriciana very good pasta.

1  Thank nareg

Been to Gasparone? Share your experiences!