“Friendly and good food”

Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This restaurant has charming outdoor seating as wells a large dining room. We ate here several times as it was close to our hotel and the food was good. Not everyone spoke English but the staff was friendly and between my limited Italian and their English everyone was happy. Nice neighborhood eatery.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We visited Strega Ristorante 2 times when visitng Rome, it was a real pleasure to met Andrea , one of the owners, who can keep this restaurant at the highest level of service and quality of the dishes.Congrats, and see you at our next visit (also Cesare il gatto...)

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

First meal in Rome. Food was fine, but nothing special and as expected in Rome the prices above average.

1  Thank Patrick D
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Wonderful outdoor area, great food, lots of different people plus locals. Waiters didn't do very well in English, which really surprised me since it was tourist season and lots of English and American customers. I really wondered if they were "acting"

1  Thank Marcia R
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We called at this restaurant for a drink one night and it seemed very good the mánager was busy ordering staff around. We decided to go there for a meal on our last night in rome, what a mistake, the mánager wasnt there that night and the staff were totally different. The girl who served us was very rude and actually turned around twice to talk to another member of staff while we were giving our order forcing us to repeat it. I then received my meal but my husband never, we asked the waitress several times but she kept saying 1 minute! 10 minutes later, by which time several italian familes had come in and escribes their melas, we finally mánaged to get the waitress back to our table, as she had been avoiding us, and told her to cancel my husbands meal as i has eaten mine and requested the bill. She was very annoyed that we didnt want the meal and threw the bill on the table and walked away. I told her the attitude and service was a disgrace but she just shrugged her shoulders at me. I asked to speak to the mánager but was told he was not available that night so i asked for the head supervisor but suddenly nobody could speak english so didnt know what i was asking, although alot of the staff were speaking perfectly good english earlier on! We ended up leaving but were very annoyed and upset as it spoilt the last night of a wonderful holiday in rome. If you are going to this restaurant i would augurar only go there when the mánager is there. When he is not the service, attitude, and friendliness from the staff is totally different!

2  Thank sueeep

Been to Ristorante Strega? Share your experiences!