“The Best!”

Price range: US$37 - US$62
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Description: My name is Peter, my life is restaurant and the passion for this work.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had some very good food in Rome (almost everything), but THIS was the very best. Some grilled tiger shrimp (they were out of the squid), raviolis in a pine nut sauce, and the very best cheesecake I could ever imagine. So light!

Evidently this is a “locals” place, not yet known by the tourists.

Well worth the wait.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This seems to be a traditional Roman hostaria, with many locals eating here the night we ate. It's busy and bustling, with efficient staff shuttling all sorts of tantalising plates to eager diners.
The menu features truffles - black, and white in season. If you like truffles, it's great, and I have to say I pigged out in an appropriate way.
The food otherwise is good without being great, the wine list is comprehensive and not overpriced, the staff are efficient (although perhaps a little too inclined to know what the customer REALLY wants) and overall, it's a good place for a tasty, not overly expensive meal in a very Roman atmosphere.
If all this sounds a bit flat, I don't mean it that way; I will definitely return to Hostaria Da Pietro when next I'm in Rome.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Da Pietro was a few blocks from our hotel but we went because it was recommended to us by friends in San Francisco who own a restaurant and a friend who lives in Rome. The food was very Roman and excellent. On the first evening, we had pasta dishes and a grilled veal chop. The pasta was perfectly prepared and tasty. The veal chop was grilled to perfection and served with a slice of lemon on the side. It was masterfully prepared. At the end of our meal, the waiter brought the most heavenly biscotti and cookies, a prefect end to a wonderful meal.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We dined outdoors tonight at this romantic outdoor street location. I had the wild mushroom fettuccini, while my sister enjoyed the ravioli dish. We split the caprese salad - very nice!

The staff was friendly and attentive....a beautiful evening meal!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Our hotel concierge recommended Da Pietro in lieu of a different restaurant we had planned on going to. It was a great recommendation. The staff is very friendly (as noted in other reviews) and fun but best of all-- the food is really, really good. I especially loved the square spaghetti with cheese and pepper-- very simple but extremely delicious. The other entrees among our group were equally good-- eggplant parmesan, spaghetti bolognese and the pasta fagiole soup that my husband had for his main course. I highly recommend this little place-- near the Spanish Steps and a bit off the beaten path but worth the search to find it.