“Disappointing meal”
Review of RomaAntica

RomaAntica
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
RomaAntica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,474 of 12,855 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$29 - US$71
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: RomAntica is 20 minutes on foot to Colosseum, 20 minutes to Termini station.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had a very disappointing meal here. I ordered the seafood risotto. It had plenty of seafood in it, but it was pretty much inedible. All the shrimp were cooked in the shells, I couldn't get the shells to peel off so I couldn't eat the shrimp. The clams were full of sand. The actual risotto had broken pieces of clam shells in it. I gave up on trying to eat it. My husband had a chicken dish with sauerkraut and a sauce, he seemed to enjoy it, I wish I would have ordered that. Also, the waitress seemed nice at first, but after taking our order we never saw her again so I don't know what happened there.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We decided to try this restaurant as we were staying nearby. Quite old fashioned inside but we felt they were trying to create an Italian romantic atmosphere.

The waiter was friendly. We had previously read a review about bread being another way of upping your bill,
so when it arrived we said we didn't want it. We were given complimentary drinks (orangeade in a flute). Not very nice. Starters were average and our mains were 'unusual!" My partner's looked like a dog's dinner with pasta and peas....mine was a soggy pasta with mushrooms, which looked like the vegetarian option of a dog's dinner. Not very impressed!

We decided not to have dessert or
coffee. The bill arrived with an item at the top we hadn't had. We were convinced it was the bread we had refused at the beginning of our meal.

I asked the waitress at the till what it was as we hadn't eaten it, she referred to a rude manager. "It's a service charge." Obviously not on only 2 people. We like to tip on good service, so we're not happy. I was convinced it was Italian for bread. On returning to the hotel and reading it in better light, we discovered it was. €3 for bread, we hadn't eaten.

So in short:
Old fashioned decor
Air con that doesn't work
Main meals that are disgusting
Rude manager
Charge you for food you refuse
You look out on to a graffiti, dirty road with refuse bins nearby

Don't bother!!!!!

2  Thank VegetarianLady
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Excellent service, friendly staff, lovely food. Great house wines, cold beers at reasonable prices and real Italian meals. So good, we went back again. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place had great food and good service.
worth a visit!
we decided to go all in.
and had 4 course meny with red wine and coffee after.
It was a bit expensive but soo worth it!!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Lovely restaurant and atmosphere. The food was of great quality for a very reasonable price in Rome. The waiters were friendly and prompt with the food and gave us a complimentary small glass of sparkling wine each. We had an antipasti and bruschetta starter and a primi pasta each which was very filling, well presented and very tasty at a good price.