“Local wine”

Ristorante Amedeo
Ranked #362 of 14,218 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: £10 - £43
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: La cura della tradizione si sposa con l’innovazione creativa per dare vita a una proposta culinaria in cui la qualità degli ingredienti è ogni giorno al centro della scena. La scintilla che ci muove è la passione tutta italiana per la buona tavola e per la convivialità. Ci trovate nel cuore del quartiere esquilino.
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

So after using trip advisor to find local restaurant we chose here. Fist impressions were good. Menu choices good, stock of local wine impressive, we were seated quickly and order taken. However from there on in service was a little lacking. Don't get me wrong the staff are friendly and helpful when you can get them to the table. Just a pointer stay away from Schiaffo red wine translation "slap in the face" you think I am joking no really look it up! It smells and tastes of dirt and mouldy mushrooms needles to say not to my taste and i ordered a 2nd bottle of wine which was much better piont nero. The food is very good we had the tuffle pasta and lasagne followed by chocolate tuffle ice cream and lemon sorbet again these were ok. Just be careful with your choice of wine.

1  Thank charmedmuse

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Recommended by our hotel, the Amedeo offered a good menu of Roman food. The starter platter is highly recommended if for two or more (we shared between four of us) - the melanzana starter dish in particular was superb.

The staff are confident in their recommendations and offered an excellent wine choice.

The main meals couldn't keep up with the excellent starters though, with my osso bucco dish having lovely tender meat and such but a far too salty gnocchi. The pizzas and salads that others had were pretty decent.

Overall a good experience and thankfully not that touristy, though the street hawkers are a bit of a pain sometime.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

We stumbled on this place walking down the street and decided to sit down outside. The service and lasagna were both good. The caprese salad was typical, prices were fair, no complaints. Both of the staff we interacted with were friendly. Free wifi if you need to plan your next destination. Overall an enjoyable late lunch.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Just had the tomato bacon pasta, very delicious although my ONLY comment would be that it wasn't very hot when it came out and was cold by the time I finished it. Good portion size, not too huge and still definitely filling. My friend had the chicken with julienne vegetables and said it was very fresh (she's sick of pasta and pizza). Would recommend saying no to bread and instead getting the bruschetta (tomato and zucchini), it was delicious.

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice restaurant for our last night in Rome and this definitely fitted the bill! The Crik Crok vegetables (tempura vegetables to you or I) were to die for - tempura light as a feather and homemade sweet chilli sauce that was tangy rather than cloying. My boyfriend's parmigiana was also delicious. The sea bass I had for my seconds was also lovely.

The tiramisu I had for pudding was a little dense and dry but other than that I have no complaints. We were also offered limoncello and grappa on the house which topped off the meal nicely! The waiters were attentive too, but didn't hover over us.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank chambersabroad

Been to Ristorante Amedeo? Share your experiences!