“The best ice-cream in the world !!!! ”

Gelateria La Romana - Roma Via Cola Di Rienzo
Ranked #6 of 352 Bakeries in Rome
Neighbourhood: Prati
Description: La Romana gelato shop was born in the heart of the historic centre of Rimini in 1947, receiving the name of the founder's daughter. A few years later Vito Zucchi, progenitor of the family, took over the enterprise. Thanks to his fervent creativity and the use of a few ingredients then available, he created a wide range of high-quality flavours which are still made in our stores today. For this reason, we offer traditional flavours made exclusively with selected products, following the old recipes of the past.
Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I live in Italy and I have tried a couple of ice creams but this is the best one I have every had and it is so cheap , I will recommend these flavors: croccante della Nona , crema delle 1947 , and pistachio but all the flavors are amazing . They have as well yogurts and crepe and other things . A medium cone 3 flavors cost 2,50€ !!!
I love this place I wouldn't change my ice cream place ever again

Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

A visit to Rome is incomplete without visiting this gelateria. Amazing gelatos and friendly service.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

We enjoyed very much the lovely ice cream in this place. So creamy and fresh. My wife is still talking about the ice cream.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

The line wrapped around the building, but now I understand why. With flavors so rich and creamy and a cone filled with milk chocolate, I am surprised they don't open the doors with a line. Luckily, I was staying at an apartment nearby and was just in love with this place! We even bought the 20 euro container to take home and stick in the freezer (note: it didn't freeze well).

We sampled the mixed berry, Bacio di dama con mandorle tostate (hazelnut, chocolate and almond), Stracciatella and biscotti flavors. All flavors were so very good! Not just good...sinfully delicious!

You can pay by credit card, but it is best to pay with euros since there is usually a line. You can get the buckets of gelato ranging in sizes from 30 euros, 20 euros, 16 euros and 12 euros (there may be a couple smaller than that). When you take it home, they weigh the container and wrap it in quality tissue paper with a sticker. They also include a couple mini cones for free! I love the packaging!

I would even suggest making a special trip from center city Rome, just to try this gelato. It is really that good!

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Great ice cream, yogurt and chocolate were wonderful flavors. The line goes fast and worth it. Try it.