1,421 results
All reviews marconi metro station eur area great hotel secret escapes centre of rome superior room never felt unsafe hotel is modern minute walk residential area bus stop pastries public transport fiumicino airport city break stayed here for nights main attractions
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just giving my opinion on our stay in Hotel Pulitzer. First of all if you like travelling by Metro that's fine as you need a day pass, 6 Euro, to get into the city centre. It's only a few stops to the Colluseum. Our room was very small and the bathroom was very 'tired' looking, although it's nice and clean. The breakfast was fine, plenty of choice to suit everyone. We ate in the hotel one night and it's not to be recommended at all. We ordered Carbonara which appeared as two plates of pasta & sauce from a packet and it was cold. We sent it back and got the same thing again. This together with a glass of wine and two small beer cost 35 euro...ridiculous. The location of the hotel is very dodgey and we saw a few ladies of the night during our stay. The reception staff are very helpful & friendly. We really enjoyed our stay in Roma but we wouldn't choose this hotel again...just being honest.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Elizabeth O
Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was our first trip to Rome. We found Pulitzer hotel on the Internet. Location near by Marconi metro (line B) make this hotel perfect base for city trips. Rooms are very tidy and well designed. Free WiFi. We had room with breakfast included. Breakfast were delicious. There is also jacuzzi and small gym included in price but we did not use it. We were there with son (7 month). He slept in a confortable baby cot. In case of next trips to Rome we will choose Pulitzer again. We recommend that hotel.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Perial_DH
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Spent a few nights at this hotel. Very close to the metro (Marconi on line b) and about 3 stops from the Colosseum. The hotel itself was very clean and rooms were bigger than I expected. The shower unfortunately dripped cold water when you're not using the shower head mounted on the ceiling but this was not worth a call to the reception as everything else was above expectations. However due to the heat (early 20's) I tried to turn the air con but didn't work so I called reception who advised that it was not hot enough to turn the central device on so I settled with keeping our door to the balcony open luckily the main road was quiet that evening. If I was to come back to Roma, I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend to friends and family.

3  Thank Yippers8
Reviewed 26 April 2014

a perfect hotel near the metro station not far from the city centre. the big bedrooms are decorated nicely,the affluent breakfast is free of charge and the nice service makes it the place to be when in Rome..and of course the reasonable price!!

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank roulaseth
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Was in Rome on business in this area and booked the hotel on recommendation of my local colleagues - good choice and more character than the big standard hotels close by. I didn't use the Metro but thought the choice was good - would have given me more flexibility if I had needed to get into town by public transport. Room was clean and good, wi-fi good, outside rear sitting area was quiet and relaxing, breakfast excellent choice, staff seemed efficient and pleasant. Would stay here again on business in the area. Cannot comment on room rates, etc, the business rate we had seemed to be in line with other Rome hotels.

Room tip: Rear rooms are quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business