Hotel Pulitzer Roma
US$1,067
US$598
  • Restaurant
1,352 results
All reviewsmarconi metro stationgreat hotelcentre of romehotel is locatedminute walkresidential areapastriesbus stoppublic transportwi ficity breakstayed here for nightsmain attractionsvisiting romesight seeingprostitutesjacuzzi
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for four nights in May, arrived early and the staff were accommodating to ensure they can check us in early. Fine location for Rome, one train journey then metro from main airport.
Breakfast was standard, the cooked breakfast was cold on each I occasion as warming plates were not warm enough. Otherwise good selection for all needs. A little littered around local area, however in think this is not a localised problem, but a general problem Rome really need to fix as it is off putting. Clean room, roof top nice to chill and sunbathe after a busy day. We did have an issue on checkout, the receptionist advised we had to pay a "city tax" which wasn't expecting and wasn't made clear at all on arrival and was quite stern about us paying it, which we did. Thomas cook reimbursed us when we returned after I requested, so I suggest check this out before you travel. Otherwise Rome is amazing, one of the best cities I have been to, simply as you don't have to walk too far to see so so much.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshinehurray
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here with 1 other couple in June 2014. The hotel met all of our expectations as it was clean, modern and with helpful staff. We booked the superior room which also gave us a large balcony. The breakfast (at a 10 euro fee) was just OK .. nothing special but had all the basics. The hotel is located within walking distance to the metro station and only a few stops from the city centre. The hotel amenities include a hot tub on the top floor, a restuarant & a gym. We will recommend Hotel Pulitzer to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank monia21
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was a solo traveller and the staff at this hotel really helped me feel confident about sight seeing in Rome on my own. I could write an essay about how good this hotel is, but I'll just give you the highlights and some tips:
1. Don't book through a discount website without checking the hotel website first. I saved £150 by booking direct through the hotel, sorting my own flight and getting transfers through the hotel compared with the Secret Escapes deal (which didn't include €90 worth of transfers).
2. If you do decide to get transfers through the hotel do not be surprised if you think that you are going to die on the journey. My driver was talking or texting on his phone the whole way, no hands on the wheel and weaving in and out of traffic. I know the Italians are crazy drivers but honestly I was terrified. Also, if you book the transfer through the hotel they will arrange for it but don't pay for it or charge you for it, which caused me some confusion with my driver. You have to pay the driver yourself. This isn't clear in your email confirmation.
3. The staff are great, I wish I'd had time to thank them properly before I left - but, there is no concierge service. If you want to take tours you will have to figure it out yourself. There is, however, a computer in the bar that you can use to do Internet searches and free wifi for your own device (albeit intermittent anywhere except the bar). I found the quality of tours to be inconsistent with the same booking company (see my other reviews), you can just turn up at the Colosseum or Vatican and find a guide there. It's pot luck how good they are. The staff are, however, very helpful in every other way.
4. Use the Marconi Metro. I got a 3 day tourist pass and travelled around with no problems. The pass also gets you on the buses and the night bus stops near the hotel if you're out late. I was on the Metro at least four times a day for three days including some late night journeys on my own and it was perfectly safe. The first train is about 5.30am and the last one about 11:30pm. They are fast, arrive every few minutes and very busy during the day. Protect your valuables from pickpockets who are there but you can't tell them from the other passengers.
5. Ask for a balcony if you're a smoker. You can't smoke in any of the rooms. I was on the top floor facing the road and had no issue with the noise.
6. There's some things (like irons) that aren't in the rooms. Ring reception and ask. They probably have it, and will send it up for you.
7. There are some prostitutes that work the Marconi streets. They are harmless, and won't bother you. Don't let that change your mind about the hotel. You'll only see them late at night, on the walk from the Metro or bus stop back to the hotel.
All in all I had a fantastic stay at this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank rosieglow180
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I’m not so sure that we took the best route to this hotel but we took a train from the airport to Termini train station where we took a blue line tube to Marconi station (Note that if you have purchased a Roma Pass you can use it on the tubes which are then free). The train journey from the airport to Termini station is not covered by the Roma Pass and cost us around 16 Euro’s each for a one-way ticket. The train soon became packed but thankfully we managed to get on first and had storage space for our luggage; so get well positioned when the train comes in and get on board quick!
Marconi station is about five tube stops from the centre of Rome and the tube tickets are 1.50 Euro per journey and so very cheap (The Roma Pass only covers a three day period after which you will need to buy tube tickets).
When we got out at Marconi station we could see no Hotels around but just turn left at the station and walk up the road past a cafe and a shop for 200 yards and you will come across the Pulitzer. At night it can appear to be a little dark and deserted but not once did we ever feel threatened in any way.
We were greeted by a very cheerful and helpful young lady at reception and because we arrived early we were told the room would be another 20 mins or so and so we headed for the bar, had a drink and relaxed. Sure enough, within 20 mins the room was ready and we unpacked, changed and then headed straight back into Rome to start our sightseeing (it was midday by now). We were given a room on the top floor which gave us access to the rooftop (with our own table and chair) with lovely views of the neighbourhood but too far from the centre of Rome to see anything you would recognise.
This is a modern hotel which feels a little out of place where it is situated but is very clean, comfortable and well run. I thought at first the pillow was a bit flat but I slept like a baby every night and so it clearly made no difference at all.
During our first trip to the bar we were served by a lady who I have to say was rather glum and a little blunt. However, I would like to make a special mention of Gaedano the barman who on the other hand was very helpful and cheerful throughout. We never ate at the hotel for no other reason than we were out and about every day sightseeing and arrived back after we had eaten in town but people were clearly eating there every night as the restaurant was always busy. We did see the Jacuzzi from our rooftop which appears to accommodate six people but again we never used it.
The breakfast options were fantastic, there was something for everyone and the food was really good and constantly topped up. Everything was spotless and we really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return.
Here’s a tip; if you decide to visit the Castel Romano Designer Outlet coaches leave from the side of the Termini train station and cost 13 Euro each for a return ticket. You can buy tickets from ticket sellers and possibly Tobacconists. The coach will be parked directly in front of the Hotel Madison but nobody knows this and the instructions just tell you what street it leaves from; we searched high and low for the right place and people sent us everywhere!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor give you access to the roof with your own table and chairs and lovely views of the local neighbourhood.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MonFish
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Wow, Rome is just awesome and this hotel was just perfect, clean and welcoming. Just a 3/4 minute walk from Marconi metro station (turn left as you exit) its located perfectly (literally 10 minutes from the colosseum) the breakfast was delicious and the bar was nice too and a similar price in drinks to everywhere else in Rome. The decor of the room was simplistic and modern with a comfortable bed! The bathroom is also great, nice shower and bath with a hair dryer and basic toiletries. There is also a roof top terrace with a hot tub and sun loungers which was well needed after a day strolling around Rome. We brought roma passes before we arrived and cant recommend enough all transport included fast track and free entrance to the colosseum and pretty much every museum in Rome. We also brought vatican tickets prior to arrival (via vatican website direct) this prevented us from a 3/4 hour queue in the baking sun!! And get there early (9am) in order to avoid large crowds. Spent 2 hours there and managed to stroll around on our own for a bit of it- you have to see the sistine chapel just awesome!! We saw St peters basilica from the outside but didn't go in. The queues for this were again very very long so pre order tickets to avoid waiting. Pantheon square and piazza novana well worth a visit amazing places to eat around these areas. We were very disappointed with the trevi fountain as it was completely covered in scaffolding and had no water in it! I don't know how long this will continue but there is a lot of restoration work going on around Rome currently on many of the historical sites! So be aware. Overall amazing visit and simply perfect hotel! Cant recommend enough!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple