“Wonderful hostel!”

Ranked #71 of 1,120 Speciality Lodging in Rome
St Paul
“Wonderful hostel!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

UI highly recommend this hostel. The staff (especially Carmen!) go way out of their way to be helpful and welcoming. It is in a great neighborhood and is very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

It was a little chilly at night because I was there in December and the hostel is really built for the summer. Plus one of the windows kept coming open on its own (we managed to fix it, though). The entrance to the building is really difficult to find -- you have to use the intercom and it only has a tiny sign by it. Overall, the hostel is clean, spacious, quiet (at least in December) and within walking distance of everything. Everyone is friendly and they give you breakfast and a towel too. Even though I was traveling solo, I met quite a few women to site-see with during the day, and had a great time. I'm not a fan of the "one key per room" thing, though, I'd rather each person get their own key, just in case. The neighborhood it's in doesn't feel super safe, but the hostel itself feels really safe. Also, it has a nice kitchen and communal area, and a fridge where you can keep food.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I went for a weekend with a friend in January. The staff were really helpful and welcoming as we arrived. They helped us in orienting ourselves with the area and identified places for us to see. The room was really comfortable and we were able to lock it so our items were safe. The room was cleaned everyday and beds made. Beds were very comfortable and slept very well both nights. The showers were warm and powerful and plenty of space to get dry. The breakfast was great, lots to eat and fresh coffee!! It is situated near to the area for restaurants and bars so easy to access in the evening. We walked everywhere else - colosseum, Vatican and Spanish steps, trevi fountain etc. people were friendly who stayed there and it was a safe place to travel on your own. All in all, great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Mumbai
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and I must say it was the best decision made. I had some trouble getting here (struggling with directions). Trastevere is a great and cheap place for wine and dine. I could head out in the evenings for some wine, a pizza snack and ended up dishing out less than 3 euros.I felt safe in a women's only hostel. The lady at the reception planned out my entire trip at Rome, with an insider perspective that was vital for a short stay in a big city like Rome. For a change there were beds and not bunk beds, I loved tht. The breakfast spread was a little different, lots of varieties in flavoured yoghurts. I would strongly recommend this to only female traveller!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Jayzee_Ind
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Me and my friend stayed in this hostel for two nights las week and it was the best hostel experience! The hostel is clean and quiet and very safe. The surrounding area is also very safe. We had our doubts about the general safety of Rome for two girls traveling, but we were pleasantly suprised. The service at the hostel was also great. The receptionist helped us a lot with planning a route for our three days and they were very friendly when we asked them to print some papers. I would definitely recommend this hostel to women of all ages! We were very satisfied!

The location was also very nice. It is right next to the river which is beautiful and it is 10 minutes (max) walking from the St. Peter's square and Vatican city. It is also about 15-20min walk from the Colloseum. Definitely a great hostel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anika B
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I could not desire more from this hostel! Located near the Vatican square and along the ROMANTIC TIBER RIVER, in a calm and peaceful area of the city, FAR FROM the usual TRAFFIC of Rome, you could just take your time and relax, planning your visits in the internal courtyard of this ancient building or in the breakfast area, provided with comfortable sofa,tv,books,etc.
The CLEANLINESS of the structure is IMPECCABLE,the coffee and the breakfast in general is healthy in pure Italian style,the spaces are wide and the view is amazing, with a very enriched garden.The price is really economic despite the central position and the services offered.
I do really suggest it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
NY
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This place is located really close to the river and Trastevere. I found it close to EVERYPLACE I wanted to go.
I stayed in an 8 person dorm- the room was gigantic! It was really spacious and divided into two spaces so it really felt like a four person room.
Other people I was there with said that they didn't have hot water for a shower- it wasn't my experience but it might be worth trying to be earlier in the shower rather than later.
Breakfast was reasonable- good coffee with an espresso machine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo