“Average B&B, but in excellent position” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nights in Rome

Nights in Rome
Ranked #712 of 3,730 Rome B&B and Inns
“Average B&B, but in excellent position”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

I suggest it only for the excellent position.
Pros: - excellent position, just 3-5 minutes walk from Termini Railway Station, where you can take underground and buses and also shop food, beverages and personal item. - Nice rooms, clean and warm equipped with TV (only Italian channels), hairdryer and free Wifi.
Cons: - no 24 h.reception: you have the key of the main entrance and room, staff arriving in the morning 'till 2 p.m. - poor breakfast. - Only cash payment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Our experience at Nights In Rome was terrible. The staff were incredibly rude and uncompromising. Most afternoons there was no one there so if anything was wrong, there was nothing that could be done and no one we could tell. Our toilet never flushed and they accused us of using it too regularily and never fixed it, we also had to wait a whole day without a toilet because we couldnt find anyone to report it too. They said they would be able to keep our bags, this was a lie. The cleaner, who acts as the breakfast host, was rude and insulting. The breakfast was disgusting, they didnt even serve a decent cup of coffee or tea. Our room had no windows, only a skylight that had no blind. We couldnt adjust the heating which was set way above what it should be.

I would not advise that anyone go an stay at this place, we actually ended up shortening our stay and moved on to a beautiful BnB that was more central and cheaper.

The reviews and pictures are deceiving.

Room Tip: Dont choose Nights in Rome!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kate M
Budapest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Decent budget hotel very close to the Roma Termini train/metro station. Bed was a bit uncomfortable, but the room was large and clean. Hotel personnel were very friendly and helpful in providing tourist info, etc. In terms of finding the place, the address is easy to find, but once inside the bldg I didn't see any signage directing you to take the elevator to the 5th/top floor. Since there are several other tenants (including a hostel) a sign would have helped.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

The owners were very friendly and nice. The room was fairly clean and relatively good sized. The toilet seat was broken, the bathroom sink shelf was falling off its hinges making it unusable. There was water, typical low water pressure, worst we stayed in on this trip. No real hot water, a trickle of warm water in the middle of the cold shower. It is on the fifth floor, don't be proud use the lift, it is extremely small, no real luggage room. There is big sign that says don't use, and a little tiny one that says it is for Nights in Rome and another tenant near them. The floors beneath this place are all for a Hostel so there is a lot of foot traffic. No AC, skylight that opens... watch out for the birds. Our room was off the street so the road noise was bearable. Coffee in the morning was good. Breakfast was prepackaged croissant, vending machine style. We recommend hitting a fruit stand or the pastry place across the street the night before. Very easy walk to the Terminal, we stayed one night, it was perfect for our itinerary, otherwise we wouldn't do this again.

Room Tip: Ask for off the street and check the bathroom first.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
La Linea de la Concepcion, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I will begin.

I stayed here in June 2008, found it very basic but ok for me. I was going to be out all day sightseeing so it was just a bed to crawl into at night. Others have mentioned the crap breakfast and the weak water pressure in the showers, no need for me to go into that again.

I went back to Rome in May, for 2 weeks, 1 week sightseeing and relaxing, 1 week for the tennis event there at the Foro Italico. I decided I would stay here again as I knew it was clean & tidy and handily located for getting around.

I'd booked by email direct with Andreas & Simone, arrived on time on the Wednesday, and was looking forward to resting on the bed for an hour (I was very hot & tired) before going out for something to eat, then having an early night.

Upon arrival I was asked for the 840 euros, which I paid. When this was securely locked away, I was told that I had to pay another 28 euros 'tax' ... Andreas went to great trouble to explain that it was a Government tax, and nothing to do with him. I was more than a bit pissed off with this, the 28 euros was neither here nor there but I told him we should know EXACTLY what we have to pay before we arrive. I asked why there was nothing about this on their website "Its a new tax, only since the beginning of the year he said .... "New?? Its now May!" I said .... suddenly his English wasn't as good as it had been a few minutes earlier!

Anyway, I paid up, all I wanted to do was have a lie down be fore eating, and was then told that I would have to stay in another hotel for 3 nights as they had no water!! He'd only been informed the day before, he told me. I asked why he hadn't mentioned it in the email he had sent me the previous evening in response to a question I'd asked .... again, suddenly he didn't speak the lingo!

"You stay at the other hotel 3 nights and come back to me Saturday morning" he said, "you can pick whatever room you want then" I couldn't be bothered to even continue the conversation!

Anyway, I stayed 3 nights at a hotel close by and returned Saturday morning at about 9 a.m. There was no sign of either Andreas or Simone, instead there was a woman there that apparently works weekends ...and doesn't speak a word of English (bear in mind they advertise that English is spoken amongst other languages). Luckily there was a guy eating breakfast that spoke both Italian & English and he informed me that she was saying my room (and indicated which one it was) wasn't ready until midday! I asked him how long he had been there, he said 4 days. I asked if he'd had any problems with the water, to which the answer was no.

So they'd lied about not having any water, which was confirmed only seconds later when a family walked out of "my" room. Obviously it had been double booked!

There was no apology forthcoming at all, just a continental shrug and, again, a sudden lack of spoken English from Andreas when I saw him Monday.

The rest of the week was ok.

I'm off to Rome again in December, so, foolishly, I thought "what the hell" and looked online to see if they had a room for 3 nights early in the month, I checked their own website and saw that Dec was "low season" (except for the holidays) and rooms in low season are 50 euros a night.

I then went through Venere (or maybe some other booking website) to get the room, and was quoted 80 euros a night! I assumed they were adding a bit on for themselves so I emailed Andreas direct and asked for a room for the 3 nights and asked how much it was, he came back with 100 euros a night "as its a holiday here during those dates"!!!

I've found out from an Italian friend that the 8th is a public holiday, thats all !! I've since booked elsewhere, very close to Nights In Rome, for the same 3 nights, for 40 euros a night.

Lying, cheating, robbing, barstewards.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank osbornet
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights during a trip through Italy. Location was good for me as it was near to train station. The room however was not good, no window (except in roof) very small, bed right next to toilet (sliding door) uncomfortable bed and shower was awful (no water pressure)
The two owners were both friendly and helpful but overall was not a good experience for me.
Hotel is clean however on this trip i had stayed in hotels in Florence and Bologna which were cheaper and a million times better. If you are on your own this hotel may not be so bad but avoid if there are more than one of you.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends