“Great tour!”

Small Group Vatican Tour
Ranked #154 of 859 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Presto Tour guides present their subjects with excitement, humor, and intelligence. This, along with our cozy group size, is our quintessential formula for creating an outstanding experience for our guests. Join us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We did the semi-private tour of the Colosseum and ruins with Fredericha. The tour was excellent, vastly enriching our understanding of Roman history and the ruins we were seeing. Fredericha was so knowledgeable on the subject and was able to answer all our questions. If we had wandered through the Colosseum and ruins without her we would have spent much less time and had only the vaguest idea of what we were seeing (based on the few signs posted). She also knew the ins and outs of getting us in quickly and into places we wouldn't otherwise have gotten to see. Thanks to Fredericha we were able to get the most out of our visit and had a much better understanding of the foundations of Rome.

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"highlights"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had the night tour of the Vatican and the Sistine chapel which was stunning to say the least. Not so crowded and the evening sun made the journey magical. Marcello, our guide, was amazing in his knowledge and his commentary was enthusiastic and personalised. We would highly recommend him and Presto tours. It was the highlight of our time spent in Rome.

2  Thank Shelleymif
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband & I did the Early Bird Vatican Tour (Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica) on May 17 2014. I booked this tour after reading lots of the reviews on Tripadvisor. Presto Tours sent me a very comprehensive email with details of the booking and with very clear directions & Map of where to meet our Guide. Our group was only 6 people which made it very easy to hear our fabulous guide and not get lost among the crowds of other Early morning tourists. Our guide was courteous, friendly, patient and very knowledgeable about what she was showing us. She was excellent in explaining in artwork of the Sistine Chapel prior to us entering. I am also so happy we booked a tour & did not try and do it ourself. I would highly recommend this tour and Presto Tours. If I ever return to Rome or visit the other cities that Presto has tours in I will definitely be contacting them.

2  Thank Jill V
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Rafaela Ian, our guide provided us with several insights into the history of the art at the Uffizzi Museo in Florence! We enjoyed her narrative very much!

1  Thank Shalini D
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I booked the Colosseum Tour (semi-private) with Presto in June 2014. When I got to the meeting location, I met my tour guide Federica and she told me I was the only one who booked the tour for that day and that Presto does not like to cancel on anyone. Private tour? SCORE! Federica was super nice and very educated about everything there is to know about Rome. Aside from the plethora of historical and architectural information Federica was teaching me, she also taught me about modern Italy and current affairs going on. I got to know Federica a little bit and learned about her and her career. It was great to talk to her one-on-one and get a feel of how living in Rome really is. Federica was truly a pleasure to speak with because she is down to earth and personable, basically a REAL person you want to have a conversation with. I am very fortunate to be able to meet such a delightful person and learn so much about the Eternal City. Federica is such a great asset to Presto Tours. I hope everyone gets a chance to meet her!

2  Thank albertl322

Been to Presto Tours? Share your experiences!