“Must see”

US$45.05*
and up
Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Fast Track admission
More attraction details
Owner description: Probably the most famous chapel in the world because of its incredible artwork, notably "The Last Judgment," Michelangelo's stunning fresco covering 10,000 square feet of the ceiling and wall.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It seems ridiculous to write a review about the Sistine Chapel. One of the greatest art accomplishments in history -- known by millions around the world - painted over four years by Michelangelo himself. It is truly awe-inspiring and phenomenal. It's a small room and usually very crowded. If you can get a seat on one of the benches around the wall, do so as it can get tiring standing there and holding your head up to view the ceiling. They forbid pictures here but people were constantly violating that (don't do it!). You are allowed to stay as long as you want.

1  Thank Scott8147
Write a ReviewReviews (15,313)
All reviews
in 959 reviews
"ceiling"
in 1,477 reviews

Reviewed 18 November 2013

When in Rome at the end of October we wanted to visit the Sistine chapel, this is done via the Vatican Museum and we chose to go on our own on a Wednesday afternoon about 3pm. At this time we never encountered any queues to go into the museum to purchase our tickets and although it was fairly busy inside we always kept moving but were able to stop and look at anything that interested us. There was a slow moving queue down the stairs into the chapel and once inside it was quite full but nothing to worry about and we were able to look as long as we wanted at the wonderful ceiling.
It's a truly unforgettable experience which anyone who visits Rome in my opinion should do.

1  Thank John E
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have visited Rome twice, and seen this both times. It is so beautiful and awe-inspiring to look at, and extremely impressive given that it was painted 500 or so years ago. I would recommend having either a booklet or a guide for it, as the first time, which was with a guide, told me a lot about the paintings and the meanings behind certain bits, as well as the history, which I remembered and relayed to my dad when he joined me on my second visit.

1  Thank tashhh
Reviewed 16 November 2013

From my trip to roma, I will remember this cappella a long long time.
You will be a cattle of turists and local people roaming in this capella, but if you concentrate only to the paintings, it's really really really.....georgous!!!!

No specific word to describe this capella.

I guess more than words just go to visit it as well as the colyseum, it will mark you.

1  Thank Denis85_9
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I just want to say a few words about the guide that was assigned to us by "When in Rome tours" when we visited the Vatican in November 2013.He was so good that I see him as one of the best guide I've ever been with. Incredibly much history, details and his commitment through more than three hours trip in the Vatican, make that stay in the Vatican we will not forget.Thanks to Luigi who helped us that we got to experience the best of the Vatican tour.
Dragan & CO.