Book In Advance
In high demand - travellers recommend booking ahead!

Ways to Experience Sistine Chapel
from US$57.51
from US$36.80
from US$28.75
from US$37.96
18,492 results
All reviews no photography no photos allowed last judgement taking pictures michael angelo holy place bucket list guided tour awe inspiring once in a lifetime dress code take your time skip the line in advance chapel ceiling michelangelo
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

It’s obviously an historic building with iconic art. Be warned, it’s very busy and you cannot stop to gaze and take it all in, the staff keep everyone moving.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I think I had rather laughably imagined visiting without such crowds!! Oh my, it was HECTIC and liberally filled with security guards (making sure you behave respectfully and don't take photos - as they are damaging the art).

There's a clear path alond the right hand side, and an area to pause to the left. If you pause on the path, the guards pretty much shove you into the other area!

That said, we were delighted to get to see it ourselves and it truely is a splendid experience

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Personally, I love Sistine Chapel. I visited there 2 times (one this year and the other one was four years ago) and it fascinated me both times. You can watch the beautiful artworks of Michelangelo. My favorites are God creating Adam and The Last Judgement. Before visiting, I recommend you to read about The Last Judgement.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Too much hype, too many people, too many security guards telling you what to.

It was fine but really better as a documentary, we had a great tour leader, the breif was good but it is not up there with so much of Roma whichnis better in real life.

If you are staying a while then sure, if the art is your bag then fine, otherwise meh he did better things like the statue of David.

1  Thank Kabwe
Reviewed 27 May 2018

This is a must when in Rome. The paintings are superb. I couldn’t get over how much detail there was and how vibrant the colors are. I sat on the bench seats on either side to view the paintings. Make sure to have the painting map with you to identify each of the scenes, very helpful. Mere words can’t describe what you will see; make sure to visit.

Date of experience: April 2018